Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys 8:15 pm

T&C

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

It’s complete horse 💩…either the ref is an incompetent moron and should be fired immediately for not knowing how to ref a game or he’s dirty and blew off decker clearly trying to report. Until the NFL holds refs accountable for making mistakes we will always have this BS that taints an otherwise awesome sporting event. 

Fix the problem by making them full time and accountable to get suspended and fired for doing a bad job. No more “tenured” lifetime gigs for these dudes with no repercussions for sucking at your job 

Don’t hold your breath on accountability. ESPN has been busy making excuses since it happened. 

8 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

The ref didn't call it because they thought the lineman was ineligible.

If that lineman was indeed eligible, it would have been an illegal formation flag.  This article explains it well: https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/5/10/3012755/inside-the-clemson-offense-tackle-eligible-formation#:~:text=Covered and uncovered are as,eligible to receive forward passes.

I don’t think this is correct in this instance because the outside WR was not at the LOS, he was a yard back. So the lineman was uncovered and eligible.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s complete horse 💩…either the ref is an incompetent moron and should be fired immediately for not knowing how to ref a game or he’s dirty and blew off decker clearly trying to report. Until the NFL holds refs accountable for making mistakes we will always have this BS that taints an otherwise awesome sporting event. 

Fix the problem by making them full time and accountable to get suspended and fired for doing a bad job. No more “tenured” lifetime gigs for these dudes with no repercussions for sucking at your job 

Interestingly the Referee is Brad Allen and he's widely considered to be one of the top 2-3 referees in the league.

Just now, DapperCam said:

I don’t think this is correct in this instance because the outside WR was not at the LOS, he was a yard back. So the lineman was uncovered and eligible.

That changes things.  I had assumed the WR was at the LOS.

Just now, Mikie2times said:

I would be so pissed off I was a Lions fan. We talk about bad calls a lot, but not unreviewable calls that determine the outcome of a game that are against the natural outcome. Holy *****. The last one this bad was probably Fail Mary. 

Here he is…

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Unfortunately, it looks like he did in fact report in and the ref's got the number wrong lol.

can you have two o-lineman report eligible on the same play? If not, why does Detroit have two lineman walking up to the ref to report for one player? Must have confused the ref as to which number?

When you watch a longer clip, it also looks like the ref gives the eligible lineman signal to the defense before the snap too. Only thing I can think of is that he got the number wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Now it looks like the ref improperly noted the player who reported as 70 and not 68. The Ref looks like he messed this up. WOW. Brutal.  

But we’re all assuming stuff. 70 also goes to the ref. The ref you can see looks right at 70.

Why did 3 lineman go to the ref? What did 70 say to the ref?

wow dan campbell said he even told the officials in the pregame that they were going to do that and decker would be eligible.  

He insists only decker reported and that is what it looks like on the video.  Two lineman cant report obviously and they said 70 reported instead.

good lord.

the playoffs are set up for the biggest controversies ever....I hope Buffalo is on the positive side of that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

What’s funny is the Cowboys gave them another chance after that when Parsons jumped Offside and they still went for 2. I like Dan Campbell but he’s going to cost his team some games

Should have kicked the XP after they were backed up after the first call,,,

They were over aggressive all game …

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This whole play, misunderstanding from the ref and subsequent outcome is just another black eye for the NFL with their god awful officiating. It directly affected the outcome of the game and final seeding for the playoffs. Hopefully the NFL and their shoddy officiating receives all the ridicule and derision it so rightfully deserves in the next few days from the media. We shall see. 

• Agree 3

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

wow dan campbell said he even told the officials in the pregame that they were going to do that and decker would be eligible.  

He insists only decker reported and that is what it looks like on the video.  Two lineman cant report obviously and they said 70 reported instead.

good lord.

the playoffs are set up for the biggest controversies ever....I hope Buffalo is on the positive side of that.

I think the Lions tried to fool everyone by having 3 linemen go to the ref and have 2 pretend to report. All it did was confuse the ref.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Because you don't wanna believe it, I feel you. I felt the same way when I was 8 and found out about the WWE. You don't think its "odd" he clearly spoke to refs, kinda "odd" they never tried to tie it etc. This isn't the first time some really odd, "interesting" calls come into play

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think the Lions tried to fool everyone by having 3 linemen go to the ref and have 2 pretend to report. All it did was confuse the ref.

that doesn't really make sense though because they announce the player who is eligible and i think if i remember correctly they said skipper before the snap.

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

What’s funny is the Cowboys gave them another chance after that when Parsons jumped Offside and they still went for 2. I like Dan Campbell but he’s going to cost his team some games

I love the balls on Campbell. I’d take him 10 times out of 10 over McDermott 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

But we’re all assuming stuff. 70 also goes to the ref. The ref you can see looks right at 70.

Why did 3 lineman go to the ref? What did 70 say to the ref?

It looked like he was going to just check on the lineman, perhaps even to make sure he reported. It got the refs eyes. Then the ref just made a human mistake and mixed the two up. Humans do make mistakes like that but you really hope they would sort that out. Not throw a flag after the play concludes. I mean the ref had to feel a little unsure in that moment. A little in doubt. If they just walk away at that moment the worst that uncertainty can bring is the natural result of the play. Really bad. Just brutal loss. 

Just now, Billznut said:

This whole play, misunderstanding from the ref and subsequent outcome is just another black eye for the NFL with their god awful officiating. It directly affected the outcome of the game and final seeding for the playoffs. Hopefully the NFL and their shoddy officiating receives all the ridicule and derision it so rightfully deserves in the next few days from the media. We shall see. 

Of course they won’t.  Been this way for years now.  At some point you gotta think the nfl wants that part time refs excuse in their back pocket at all times for when they want to dictate outcomes of games.   

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Gman10 said:

Because you don't wanna believe it, I feel you. I felt the same way when I was 8 and found out about the WWE. You don't think its "odd" he clearly spoke to refs, kinda "odd" they never tried to tie it etc. This isn't the first time some really odd, "interesting" calls come into play

Crazier stuff happens at lower level football with no money involved. We forget humans are involved and mistakes happen.

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

There is zero chance the Bills will be on the positive side of a controversial call in the playoffs. We got our one call to go for us in the KC game this year. I’m not expecting another big call to go for us until maybe 2026 at the earliest. 

Edited by Billznut
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Billznut said:

There is zero chance the Bills will be on the positive side of a controversial call in the playoffs. We got our one call to go for us in the KC game. I’m not expecting another big call to go for us until maybe 2026 at the earliest. 

One year they will rig it in favour of the Bills … they gotta keep things fresh

Just now, Gman10 said:

You are calling me an 8 year old because I think an old rb just saying ridiculous things make me the dumb one?

I tell you what since you are so much smarter than me please never respond or interact with me again.  Thanks.

• Eyeroll 1

Crazier stuff happens at lower level football with no money involved. We forget humans are involved and mistakes happen.

Thats the point...no money involved...can you imagine if big money is in. You never know who owns crazy money to crazy people etc

100%. It's a game with a lot of volatility in play to play outcomes and if played long enough you will see things you might only see one time in thousands of plays and you will see them when it doesn't matter and when it does.  

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

You are calling me an 8 year old because I think an old rb just saying ridiculous things make me the dumb one?

I tell you what since you are so much smarter than me please never respond or interact with me again.  Thanks.

Lol, no. Im saying thats how I felt. Relax its a forum and we are just shooting the ***** no hard feelings

Edited by Gman10

Just now, Gman10 said:

Lol, no. Im saying thats how I felt. Relax its a forum and we are just shooting the *****

like I said.  Please never respond to me again.

is there a block function on this site? if there is someone let me know how to use it.

• Eyeroll 1

I love the balls on Campbell. I’d take him 10 times out of 10 over McDermott 

Dan Campbell with Josh Allen as his QB would look like a genius for going for all these fourth down conversions. With Jared Goff as his QB, he doesn’t look that smart a lot of times. Tonight being one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

One year they will rig it in favour of the Bills … they gotta keep things fresh

Hope I’m still on earth to see it. I’ve been saying that for over 50 years already. Still waiting. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

There is zero chance the Bills will be on the positive side of a controversial call in the playoffs. We got our one call to go for us in the KC game. I’m not expecting another big call to go for us until maybe 2026 at the earliest. 

The bizarre game changing penalty tonight certainly knocked the Toney Offside play down the list. At least that was a legit penalty that maybe is not called every time. We don’t know what the Detroit Olinemen said but it’s weird he would walk up to the ref and not report.  He knew he was obligated to report.  Just very strange.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Wrestling is rehearsed.  The opponents rehearse before shows to get it right.

When did the Lions and Cowboys rehearse?  At some point in the week, the Bills and Pats have rehearsed for what is going to happen in the game?

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

that makes perfect sense when coupled with what campbell said in the press conference.  He told them this is how they were going to do it in the pregame and the officials screwed it up.

amazing.

Probably should’ve reminded the crew before the drive or during a timeout.

Last thing I would want to do is confuse these officials. They aren’t having a great season.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.