A few thoughts not mentioned yet (Music City Miracle Part 2, Allen, Smiley, etc)

Einstein

- In 2014, we were 8-6 and fighting for our playoff life when we flew to the Oakland, confident in a victory. Oakland also had an interim coach. We lost to that 2-12 Raider team. This time, we won and we should all be celebrating (bUt It WaS lUcKy 🙄).

- Saw this from OptaSTATS: “There have been 130 instances in NFL history of a team having 5 or more 20-point wins in a season. There have been 69 instances of a team having 10 or more games decided by 6 points or fewer. The 2023 Bills are the only ones to do both.”

- I don’t know what the refs were on last night, but they certainly seemed to be more keyed in on the Bills than the Chargers. The Morse holding call happens on nearly every NFL play. Extremely minor.

- Josh Allen threw this, while jumping, and falling backwards, chased by numerous defenders, off his back foot, from the 41 to the 13. This is insane arm strength. Almost incomprehensible. No one else except Mahomes has any chance at this throw.

IMG-5667.jpg

Lewis’ observation of this play saved us. He read the cross-field pass and made the runner hesitate.

- We need to work on our end-of-game lateral defense. It was tough watching our defense lunging at the ball carrier before they lateraled it on the final play. And my goodness, if the Chargers player in the photo below had half a brain, it could have been a Music City Miracle situation. There were SEVEN chargers on one side of the field and only TWO Bills defenders. “13 seconds” was horrible. Imagine if we added “1 second” to the list. We need to get better at this.

IMG-5666.jpg

- Is Matthew Smiley gone after this season? Numerous penalties on punt/kick returns, poor returns, we have almost had punts blocked several times, etc.

- The Dolphins haven’t beaten a team over .500 in over 450 days. I think that may end today, just because the Cowboys are overrated. But I think they lose to Baltimore next win and the Bills take the division the week after.

- Diggs only played 60% of the snaps last night. Something is up with him that the team is not telling us.

- Don’t forget to cancel your Peacock subscription.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

That Allen throw was unreal. Essentially, it was the game winner. Won’t hear the media say a word about it tho because they hate 17.

have a few BILLS fans on here still throwing shade on the kid. Remarkable.

We are spoiled rotten with him as our QB. Don’t blink.

Edited by McBean
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, McBean said:

That Allen throw was unreal. Essentially, it was the game winner. Won’t hear the media say a word about it tho because they hate 17.

what are you talking about? The media love Allen. 

• Haha (+1) 4

• Einstein changed the title to A few thoughts not mentioned yet (Music City Miracle Part 2, Allen, Smiley, etc)
2 minutes ago, McBean said:

Kind of wish the refs had got the overturn call on Shakir's play right and gotten Josh his 4th TD to help shut people up, especially if the defense was going to just shut them down anyway, looking at you big Ed.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

- In 2014, we were 8-6 and fighting for our playoff life when we flew to the Oakland, confident in a victory. Oakland also had an interim coach. We lost to that 2-12 Raider team. This time, we won and we should all be celebrating (bUt It WaS lUcKy 🙄).

- Saw this from OptaSTATS: “There have been 130 instances in NFL history of a team having 5 or more 20-point wins in a season. There have been 69 instances of a team having 10 or more games decided by 6 points or fewer. The 2023 Bills are the only ones to do both.”

- We need to work on our end-of-game lateral defense. It was tough watching our defense lunging at the ball carrier before they lateraled it on the final play. And my goodness, if the Chargers player in the photo below had half a brain, it could have been a Music City Miracle situation. There were SEVEN chargers on one side of the field and only TWO Bills defenders. “13 seconds” was horrible. Imagine if we added “1 second” to the list. We need to get better at this.

IMG-5666.jpg

- I don’t know what the refs were on last night, but they certainly seemed to be more keyed in on the Bills than the Chargers. The Morse holding call happens on nearly every NFL play. Extremely minor.

- Josh Allen threw this, while jumping, and falling backwards, chased by numerous defenders, off his back foot, from the 41 to the 13. This is insane arm strength. Almost incomprehensible. No one else except Mahomes has any chance at this throw.

IMG-5667.jpg

- Is Matthew Smiley gone after this season? Numerous penalties on punt/kick returns, poor returns, we have almost had punts blocked several times, etc.

- The Dolphins haven’t beaten a team over .500 in over 450 days. I think that may end today, just because the Cowboys are overrated. But I think they lose to Baltimore next win and the Bills take the division the week after.

- Don’t forget to cancel your Peacock subscription.

why would I cancel something I get for free?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

Miami isn’t winning both games against Dallas and Ravens, might not win either one.  But I do think Miami follows Bills blueprint and just runs all day on Dallas, so if Miami is to win one of them, I think Dallas is the one they have the best chance at.  

People are down on the Chargers game, and that’s dumb IMHO.  They held their poise despite down early off a ST fumble and were then again late after Cook fumbled it felt like a game that could flip momentum and be in danger of losing.  But they stayed composed, they didn’t abandon Cook, and they drove the field to win the game.  

Then the D did its thing immediately on defending the chance for a game winning FG with a big sack out the gate to seal the fate if the game to a lateral gauntlet for a miracle attempt.  

Coming off a huge win, into a road environment with new coach energy against a weaker team easy to overlook is a game a lot of teams can lose.  And when you factor our struggles in close games, being able to hold on and make the plays to win the game was great to see.  Sure we would have preferred a multi-score win, but also, Bills need to win these close games too as there are likely to be more, so this IMHO only helps build more poise and confidence inside that locker room as we move towards the playoffs.

Note:  I think we are about to see more of a split committee at RB between Fournette and Cook.  Cook is having some fumbling issues, had also dropped 2 easy TD passes, and isn’t great in pass pro.  Playoff Lenny inbound, I think they are gonna get his legs warmed for a playoff impact and Lenny is a more physical runner, better receiver, and better in pass pro.  Cook will be the speed element and still mix in a lot too, but I have a feeling that if Lenny shows he still has it (he’s only 27) these next couple weeks, then he could be looking at a hefty involvement come the post season.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, McBean said:

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

what are you talking about? The media love Allen. 

yeah what a goofball take that is.

fabricated outrage powers the internet i guess....

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Saw people break down that still on twitter Benford 47 is already past his block and a bunch of other reasons why this isn't actually a thing. Not to mention he's on his own 20 and the clock is at 0 so he has to get in there are no FGs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The Morse holding call happens on nearly every NFL play. Extremely minor.

Yeah, technically he did grab the defender's jersey, but as you said, they all do that. But he had his hands in front, not around the shoulders or back, so it shouldn't have been called. And that negated a huge play.

People say we won the KC game because of a fluky penalty, but they think that the only game-changing calls happen near the end of the game. A bad call early in the game can be a game-changer too. Case in point: flagging Josh for intentional grounding when there should have been a flag against the Eagles' defender for the horse collar tackle. Call that one correctly and The Bills may have put up 7 instead of 3. We lost that game by 3 points.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Saw people break down that still on twitter Benford 47 is already past his block and a bunch of other reasons why this isn't actually a thing. Not to mention he's on his own 20 and the clock is at 0 so he has to get in there are no FGs.

Gonna have to disagree here.

The idea that we played this right, when the Chargers had 7 blockers against 2 Bills players, just because Benford was almost past his block and maybe had the opportunity to maybe make the tackle, is wrong in opinion.

If he misses that tackle, who is stopping him from scoring a TD? No need for a FG obviously.

Here is the part I think you’re referencing:

IMG-5669.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The idea that we played this right, when the Chargers had 7 blockers against 2 Bills players, just because Benford was almost past his block and maybe had the opportunity to maybe make the tackle, is wrong in opinion.

If he misses that tackle, who is stopping him from scoring a TD? No need for a FG obviously.

IMG-5669.jpg

Dude, he has to go 80 yards. The Bills had a ton of guys deep. This snapshot analysis is way too dramatic.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think cam Lewis cleans him up if he tries to use the tunnel.  He had to cut back. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Dude, he has to go 80 yards. The Bills had a ton of guys deep. This snapshot analysis is way too dramatic.

Bills had 2 guys deep (and they were on the other side of the field). Regardless, 6 blockers > 2 guys deep.

If you think McD was happy with that, and is not going to get that fixed this week, we can agree to disagree

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The place was all Bills fans and that new HC had no apparent energy.  The guy was looking scared/bored on every shot.

Do you think the term “new coach energy” is representative of the coaches facial expressions and excitement level in the sideline?  🤣 

🍿 watching you chime in to combat every post that you quote even when you have no clue

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Last night was nerve racking but we hung on. The ST unit is so incredibly weak. Josh's stats were very good (104 R/ 91 qbr) but it just seemed like he was off all night. Being at SoFi for the first time was interesting. The Bills crowd dominated all night. But the over the top artificial noise from that circular screen was a joke. It's like the Charger fans contributed nothing sound wise so stadium engineers just explode the volume. At least we escaped with a dub.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

IMG-5669.jpg

What if he doesn't get him really? What if he ***** flies to the endzone? What are we doing here. We had a guy there to make the play, hell the other guy we can see in the carefully cropped shot is also free and probably going to be able to effect the play. Also the rest of the defenders on the field aren't going to do nothing as he runs 80 yards down the field. Only 2 Bills becomes a lot less true pretty damn quick if it even is true.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Bills had 2 guys deep (and they were on the other side of the field). Regardless, 6 blockers > 2 guys deep.

If you think McD was happy with that, and is not going to get that fixed this week, we can agree to disagree

Not happy? Gonna get it fixed? 

Those are hard maybes.

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

So now you're telling me there were 2 more guys further down the field, this wasn't *****.

Edited by Warcodered

27 minutes ago, McBean said:

I said it before, some people are so focused on the mistakes they aren't appreciating the amazing parts of Josh Allen. We will long for these days soon enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Do you think the term “new coach energy” is representative of the coaches facial expressions and excitement level in the sideline?  🤣 

🍿 watching you chime in to combat every post that you quote even when you have no clue

it's a myth.  you think this team was supercharged by the ascension its outside LB coach?

you watch too much Hallmark TV perhaps?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Plus the rest of the 11 running in from the other side who were at or ahead of that guy

Yeah, those guys who were 45 yards away were going to come and make the play.

Jee, why didn’t that work in the music city miracle 🙄.

If only the others had come to save the day!

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Miami isn’t winning both games against Dallas and Ravens, might not win either one.  But I do think Miami follows Bills blueprint and just runs all day on Dallas, so if Miami is to win one of them, I think Dallas is the one they have the best chance at.  

People are down on the Chargers game, and that’s dumb IMHO.  They held their poise despite down early off a ST fumble and were then again late after Cook fumbled it felt like a game that could flip momentum and be in danger of losing.  But they stayed composed, they didn’t abandon Cook, and they drove the field to win the game.  

Then the D did its thing immediately on defending the chance for a game winning FG with a big sack out the gate to seal the fate if the game to a lateral gauntlet for a miracle attempt.  

Coming off a huge win, into a road environment with new coach energy against a weaker team easy to overlook is a game a lot of teams can lose.  And when you factor our struggles in close games, being able to hold on and make the plays to win the game was great to see.  Sure we would have preferred a multi-score win, but also, Bills need to win these close games too as there are likely to be more, so this IMHO only helps build more poise and confidence inside that locker room as we move towards the playoffs.

Note:  I think we are about to see more of a split committee at RB between Fournette and Cook.  Cook is having some fumbling issues, had also dropped 2 easy TD passes, and isn’t great in pass pro.  Playoff Lenny inbound, I think they are gonna get his legs warmed for a playoff impact and Lenny is a more physical runner, better receiver, and better in pass pro.  Cook will be the speed element and still mix in a lot too, but I have a feeling that if Lenny shows he still has it (he’s only 27) these next couple weeks, then he could be looking at a hefty involvement come the post season.  

Like your post a lot. Just wanted to say Miami certainly will try to duplicate Buffalo’s success on the ground but their o-line is hurting.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah, those guys who were 45 yards away were going to come and make the play.

Jee, why didn’t that work in the music city miracle 🙄.

If only the others had come to save the day!

Yeah I don't know maybe they'd take angles to get there while he had to not go full speed because he either A. had to use the blockers or B. had to avoid or run through the defenders that are there. Also who the ***** even is it and are they faster than all the DBs we put on the field? Not to mention if some of them are already further back but just on the other side of the field they already have a head start.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah I don't know maybe they'd take angles to get there while he had to not go full speed because he either A. had to use the blockers or B. had to avoid or run through the defenders that are there. 

Oh its that easy. I see. Just take an angle and run through the defenders that were blocked there. Jee if we simply took angles and made that happen in the music city miracle, we could have saved all that heartache.

shucks-christina-aguilera.gif

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Oh its that easy. I see. Just take an angle and run through the defenders that were blocked there. Jee if we simply took angles and made that happen in the music city miracle, we could have saved all that heartache.

shucks-christina-aguilera.gif

Oh I don't know.

40 minutes ago, Einstein said:

🤔 Maybe he'd trip.

Just now, Warcodered said:

Oh I don't know.

🤔 Maybe he'd trip.

In the MCM, our players were 20 yards closer to Dyson and we STILL couldn't catch him. I think you underestimate how difficult it is to catch up to a guy 40+ yards away, even running on a diagonal, when they have blockers.

I get that you find it preposterous that Benford would miss a tackle while being pushed sideways by a blocker, but that's common. I fully expect McD to look at the tape and say "this was not good" and fix it. Despite you and Goatski attempts to pretend that all went according to plan.

• Eyeroll 2

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

it's a myth.  you think this team was supercharged by the ascension its outside LB coach?

you watch too much Hallmark TV perhaps?

And the myth has nothing to do with a coaches facial expressions and sideline demeanor…..yet you decided to use them as your evidence 🤣  keep it up!Pop Corn GIF by WWE

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

In the MCM, our players were 20 yards closer to Dyson and we STILL couldn't catch him. I think you underestimate how difficult it is to catch up to a guy 40+ yards away, even running on a diagonal, when they have blockers.

I get that you find it preposterous that Benford would miss a tackle while being pushed sideways by a blocker, but that's common. I fully expect McD to look at the tape and say "this was not good" and fix it. Despite you and Goatski attempts to pretend that all went according to plan.

What blocker the one he's about to leave behind him in a cloud of dust?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.