Bills at Chargers, Game Week Thread Sat. 8 pm on Peacock (7 pm for us Flyover Folks)

Beck Water

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

There's always going to be that fear in there heads that one of the times Josh is really still going to have the ball, all Cook needs is some hesitation. Plus some of those runs on the edges Allen has been to his right and I swear there's going to be a play where he gets the ball back one day.

Exactly.  So that's why it's not quite a game plan that "Kyle Allen could have delivered".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

#1 rushing offense in the league. #2 in yards allowed, #1 in TD allowed. Tied for the best record in the league playing in a division where the worst team is 7-7. 

They are real.

Are they world beaters? I don't know. But all signs say they are legit.

Don’t disagree with you. But I don’t think teams like the Niners and Ravens are built really well to go all the way. if they run into a hot QB in the playoffs, then they are dead.

That’s why I still think the chiefs, Bills, and Cowboys are the most dangerous teams if their QBs get hot. 

32 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Exactly.  So that's why it's not quite a game plan that "Kyle Allen could have delivered".

Fair point.   LOL. I even second guessed writing that sentence.  Kyle may not have been as good with it…  I was trying to imply that we didn’t need one of the best QBs in the league because the run game was Cooking!  But, it’s definitely a fair point… having the threat of Josh keeping it and running is just another wrinkle to make defenses pause.

I guess ideally we can beat up a couple easy teams here, but play a much more balanced game - mixing it all together making upcoming coaches have to prepare for …everything. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

If we told you that, @Simon would have to kill ya.

But I see that you joined on Sept 29, so you haven't quite been here for 3 months, amirite?

I'm thinking "new Year, new Threads" for ya (*nudge nudge wink wink*)

Ha! Thanks!!!

on a separate note, I don't want to overlook the Chargers or the Pats. But is anyone nervous for the dolphins game, being on the road for us etc. I have some big time Dolphins fans at work and they're already starting..

Edited by Gman10

2 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Ha! Thanks!!!

on a separate note, I don't want to overlook the Chargers or the Pats. But is anyone nervous for the dolphins game, being on the road for us etc. I have some big time Dolphins fans at work and they're already starting..

That's for 2 weeks from now.

• Like (+1) 1

i just heard a dolphins reporter on the radio here in Dallas doing a preview for the dolphins cowboys game.

He said in reference to the bills cowboys game that if the dolphins run the ball like the bills did it will be game over because the dolphins can pass the ball....

yikes. The media in Miami is as arrogant and ignorant as their fan base is.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Well, not quite.  You note it yourself in your next sentence.  One of the reasons why Dallas struggled to cope with that power run stuff, is that 1) their attention was divided between Cook and Josh....you could see it on several plays, they were worried about what Josh could do to them as a runner, OR, 2) if they threw all their chips into stopping the run, they feared the Josh Allen Air Show.

When I watch the highlights of Cooks big runs I often see one or even two Cowboys shadowing Allen even after he handed off the ball.  The Cowboys really were terrified of Allen and overcompensated big time to contain him.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Fair point.   LOL. I even second guessed writing that sentence.  Kyle may not have been as good with it…  I was trying to imply that we didn’t need one of the best QBs in the league because the run game was Cooking!  But, it’s definitely a fair point… having the threat of Josh keeping it and running is just another wrinkle to make defenses pause.

I guess ideally we can beat up a couple easy teams here, but play a much more balanced game - mixing it all together making upcoming coaches have to prepare for …everything. 

It's another reason to give Brady credit for this new and long overdue way to use Allen in an offensive game plan.

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

i just heard a dolphins reporter on the radio here in Dallas doing a preview for the dolphins cowboys game.

He said in reference to the bills cowboys game that if the dolphins run the ball like the bills did it will be game over because the dolphins can pass the ball....

yikes. The media in Miami is as arrogant and ignorant as their fan base is.  

What an ignorant post. The Bill had absolutely no reason to pass the ball. And if the dolphins can run it the same, they won’t have a reason to pass either. 

unless he’s talking in the season the he is even dumber. Let’s see the dolphins actually play a competent team that can actually play good offense and defense 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

What an ignorant post. The Bill had absolutely no reason to pass the ball. And if the dolphins can run it the same, they won’t have a reason to pass either. 

unless he’s talking in the season the he is even dumber. Let’s see the dolphins actually play a competent team that can actually play good offense and defense 

Every year the Dolphins win all their games angaist losing teams and lose against winning ones. Nothing changes Sunday. This has been going on for years

Edited by BananaB
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

not only that but allen was 7-15 with 1 td.  Cook dropped a second td and there were 3 more drops.  

allen should have been something like 11-15 with 2 TD's.  

Dallas was aware of his every move and spied him on every play in the first half.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gman10 said:

Ha! Thanks!!!

I'm not that worried however it plays out, since Allen has been here the Bills have only lost to them twice and they were pretty ridiculous losses, Bills fans always show up there.

If we actually get in to it, depends on how the next two games play out, we've got two games the Bills should win but they've got to go out there and do it. Dolphins have two games they could easily lose, they haven't beaten a winning team yet. Those two things happen and that game is for the division and potentially for the Dolphins going to the playoffs at all maybe us too. So would Dolphins fans be all that excited to go to a game after watching their team lose the lead for the division, put themselves in a win and in situation, still not beat any winning teams, and the team they face is a team they have a 9-2 record against since 2018? Or would it be like "I don't want to ***** see this I already know what's about to happen again,"?

But that's all just a possibility a lot of stuff has to happen first, right now we just have to beat the Chargers and get into the Playoffs, we're basically in Playoff football right now. We know the Super Bowl is at the end of it, but we have to knock out whoever is in front of us each week.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, balln said:

They were for real. Too many injuries. All RBs gone. Mark andrews 

Yeah, you would think losing Andrews would put a dent in things, even with Beckham to throw to. I hadn't heard about Keaton Mitchell. I wonder if the Ravens will sign Fournette off the Bills' practice squad. 

Roquan Smith... Now, that's a linebacker. Great pickup for them. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.