Shutting down the game wreckers

Dan Darragh

One of the highlights of the Dallas game was seeing Micah Parsons get shut down after all the hype about him. I remember we did the same to Maxx Crosby earlier in the season. Our OLs have had some big games (particularly Brown and Torrence).

I seem to recollect that there have been other game-wrecking DLs who have had bad games against us but can't remember who - ???

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Reds

7 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

One of the highlights of the Dallas game was seeing Micah Parsons get shut down after all the hype about him. I remember we did the same to Maxx Crosby earlier in the season. Our OLs have had some big games (particularly Brown and Torrence).

I seem to recollect that there have been other game-wrecking DLs who have had bad games against us but can't remember who - ???

Washington got some hype as I recall, as well as Miami, and the line did alright😉

Edited by HurlyBurly51

Really liked watching the Baldy breakdown of the TD pass, because when you could see the back angle of it, the play was just so well designed it seemed. Like they move Cook so he's got the matchup they want and when the play started Parsons seems to just win and is getting inside but then Brown just uses his momentum to carry him further inside as Allen just goes out and to the right and has the perfect window to throw the pass to Cook as he burned the guy for the TD. It's like they knew exactly what was going to happen and they just did it.

• Like (+1) 7

13 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Different approach but the same result.  In both cases I think the game script helped limit effectiveness.  The Bills got up early and never looked back.   I also think they gave Brown a lot of help on Crosby and schemes around Parsons. 

Every defense the Bills have faced over since Brady has been ranked in the Top 10 with good pass rushers, yet for the most part, none really blew up a game.  The most pressure came against Kansas City’s defensive line who is solid but unspectacular aside from Jones.  

Still the offense averaged 29 ppg.   LAC will be the worst defense the Bills face here on out and hopefully that bodes well

Edited by JohnNord

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Torrence was an absolute steal where we got him and Brown is finally 100% this is the best oline in decades.

I remember that Joe Marino (Locked on Bills podcast - An absolute MUST listen, for Bills fans) had Torrence as his top pick for the Bills in his first pre-draft mock...

Oh... And that was his top pick for us IN THE FIRST ROUND!!! When Torrence was getting down to us in the 2nd, I was literally housing antacid tablets, sweating, and praying someone didn't nab him. Total steal, where we landed him!

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I remember that Joe Marino (Locked on Bills podcast - An absolute MUST listen, for Bills fans) had Torrence as his top pick for the Bills in his first pre-draft mock...

Oh... And that was his top pick for us IN THE FIRST ROUND!!! When Torrence was getting down to us in the 2nd, I was literally housing antacid tablets, sweating, and praying someone didn't nab him. Total steal, where we landed him!

I’ll admit to thinking he was a talent but being worried about the fit - he’s been a really solid addition 

14 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I do wonder if his early injury slowed him down a half step. Players played well, and Brady schemed well but also may have had some help with dumb luck with the knee 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, fergie's ire said:

Orlovsky pointed out that most of the time the Bills just left Parsons unblocked.  We'd run the other way and he'd get lost in the wash.

Cowgirls: "Haha, Parsons will take Allen down, and Bland will pick him off!  You won't be able to pass on us!"

Brady: "Your terms are acceptable."

Cowgirls: "...what do you mean by that?"

Brady: "..."

Cowgirls: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?!?"

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Orlovsky pointed out that most of the time the Bills just left Parsons unblocked.  We'd run the other way and he'd get lost in the wash.

Just another example of why Brady is a huge upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I was never worried about Parsons coming into this game.   It's one thing they have consistently done offensively..........limit the impact of that one "game wrecker".    Josh Allen + gameplan does that.   You can go back to rookie Cody Ford stoning Von Miller when everyone thought Miller would have a field day.        

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I was never worried about Parsons coming into this game.   It's one thing they have consistently done offensively..........limit the impact of that one "game wrecker".    Josh Allen + gameplan does that.   You can go back to rookie Cody Ford stoning Von Miller when everyone thought Miller would have a field day.        

Yeah, my favorite example of them scheming against a pass rusher was a couple years ago in the Daboll era when they eliminated Judon's impact.  Early in the game they chipped him with the TE and had Josh run wide.  Josh had some huge runs that way so later in the game Judon would take a couple steps backwards at the snap.  Love when Josh and scheme can get a pass rusher moving backward and taking himself out of the play.  On Sunday, they would run away from Parsons but he was very aware of Josh...had to worry about rushing him or chasing him if he ran...while the play was sweeping to the other side.  You're right...Josh plus scheme, and it's something that was largely missing with Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Really liked watching the Baldy breakdown of the TD pass, because when you could see the back angle of it, the play was just so well designed it seemed. Like they move Cook so he's got the matchup they want and when the play started Parsons seems to just win and is getting inside but then Brown just uses his momentum to carry him further inside as Allen just goes out and to the right and has the perfect window to throw the pass to Cook as he burned the guy for the TD. It's like they knew exactly what was going to happen and they just did it.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...can can put a man in motion to get a matchup you like?

Did anyone tell Ken Dorsey?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.