Dallas @ Buffalo Postgame Thread

HappyDays

32 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

KC and Baltimore are going to win their divisions and 5 more playoff spots, 2 division winners and 3 wild cards 

If Miami beats Dallas and Baltimore and loses to Buffalo they have 12 wins, unlikely they win 2 of last 3.

Cleveland has Houston, NYJ and Cincy, 2 wins and a loss to Cincy gives them 11 wins and 8 conference wins

Cincy has Pitt, KC and Cleveland, 3 wins gives them 11 wins and head to head vs Buffalo

Jax has Tampa, Carolina and Tenessee, 3 wins gives them 11 wins and head to head vs Buffalo

Indy has Atlanta, Las Vegas and Houston, 3 wins gives them 11 wins and 9 conference wins

Houston has Cleveland, Tennessee and Indy, I see 2 losses there so they are out

Buffalo wins out with 11 wins and 7 conference wins and is out in this scenerio

If any of Indy, Jax or Cincy lose 1 and Cleveland and Miami need to lose 2 then Buffalo jumps them if Buffalo wins out. 

I can see Jax and Indy winning 3 each and Cleveland winning 2, that leaves Buffalo needing Cincy to lose 1 and Miami to lose 2, I can see that happening.

Buffalo vs Miami could be for the division winner is in and loser is out.

I'm sure there are more scenarios out there don't have time to research all of them. 

Bottom line is Buffalo needs to win out and they still might not make it

Right but like I said before…that scenario where we miss requires picking the winner of like 15 individual games perfectly to keep us out at 11 wins…if any single individual game goes our way, the bills cannot miss at 11 wins.  ‘They still might not make it’ is technically correct but incredibly misleading if you don’t add that the ‘might not’ is astronomically small odds 

just the Miami beating Dallas and Baltimore and cincy beating kc portion is very unlikely.  Then you pile on top of that the ravens losing out, cincy winning out, Indy winning out, jax winning out, Cleveland winning 2 but they have to be a specific 2, I’m probably still even missing a few things but it’s still extremely extremely unlikely 

we are all but in at 11 wins right now.  Saying things like ‘we need help still to make it in with 11 wins’ is pretty disingenuous.  We would need more negative help than anyone has ever gotten to not make it 😂

if these teams you’re talking about winning out were all huge favorites every game it would still be a long shot but a little more reasonable to at least understand where you’re coming from..  But with backup qbs and such they are probably no better than 55ish percent chance of winning any individual game.  The odds of just 5 games like that all going against you are about 5% let alone how many there would actually be.  Were talking like 1/5000 chance or more but they’re just gonna round it down to 99.9% chance we make it.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Ah, I see what happened.  You're correct.  There was a sub-thread running based on a OldManFan's comment that it was a running performance like we haven't seen since OJ.  At least one person, maybe a couple, responded saying OJ wasn't a great receiver, which really had nothing to do with what OldMan was saying.  I responded to OldMan because as I thought through my memories of Bills running back, I had to agree that him.  The ball carrying ability that Cook showed sparkled in a way that was unlike any back in Bills history other than OJ.   

Then you chimed in and mentioned receiving, again, and I was, like, "how difficult is it to stay on point?"   But, of course, you're right, people were saying all sorts of things last night, and keeping a particular conversation focused in that environment isn't easy.  

Great win!

Yeah back when I was....ah...I've previously heard multiple feedbacks that there is message board software that allows sub-threads to be tracked and selected, and that would be a Good Feature.  But of course it's fantastic that Scott continues to maintain this board using whatever software he considers best all around. and allows the swan's feet underneath the pool of the continued operation to pass unseen.

Really appreciated your up to the minute report on your time at the game, Great Stuff!

46 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Best thing about Joe Brady yesterday was he didn’t try to get cute. Just stuck with what was working. I’ve seen previous OC’s, including Daboll go back to to pass pass pass when the run is working. It’s tempting when you have Allen and Diggs.

Baldy pointed out that not only did Brady keep running - he kept running the same play "we're gonna do this until you prove you can stop it"

Dallas couldn't, so Brady kept calling it

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Well I’m flying back from Mexico on the 6th so if they move it, I’ll have to take a detour to Miami from Cancun. I wonder when they announce that…

Looks like 6 days 

https://www.nfl.com/schedules/flexible-scheduling-procedures

*Current Flexible Scheduling Procedures *

Flexible scheduling is in effect during the following windows (the "Flex Scheduling Windows"):

For Sunday Night Football, it may be used up to three times between Weeks 5-14, and at the NFL's discretion during Weeks 15-17;

For Monday Night Football it may be used at the NFL's discretion in Weeks 12-17;

For Thursday Night Football it may be used up to twice between Weeks 13-17.

During the Flex Scheduling Windows, the games initially scheduled for Sunday Night Football (on NBC), Monday Night Football (ESPN or ABC), and Thursday Night Football (on Amazon Prime) are tentatively scheduled and subject to change;

Only Sunday afternoon games (or those listed as TBD) are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, Monday night, or Thursday night, in which case the initially scheduled Sunday, Monday, or Thursday night game would be moved to Sunday afternoon;

Sunday afternoon games may also be moved between 1:00 p.m. and 4:05 p.m. or 4:25 p.m. ET.

Scheduling for Week 18

As in prior seasons, for Week 18, the final weekend of the season, the scheduling of the Saturday, Sunday afternoon, and the Sunday night games is not assigned. The schedule for Week 18 will be announced no later than six days prior to that week's Saturday game (January 6, 2024).

Additional Flexible Scheduling Information

During the Flex Scheduling Windows, only Sunday afternoon or TBD games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night, Monday, or Thursday night window.

The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, or Thursday Night Football during the Flex Scheduling Windows will generally be listed at 8:20 p.m. ET, 8:15 p.m. ET, and 8:15 p.m. ET, respectively.

The majority of games on Sundays will typically be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during the Flex Scheduling Windows except for games played in Pacific or Mountain time zones, which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

For Sunday Night Football in Weeks 5-13 and for Monday Night Football in Weeks 12-17, the NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC, and ESPN) and announce no later than 12 days in advance of the game, which game will be played on Sunday night and which game will be played on Monday night.

For Sunday Night Football in Weeks 14-17, the flexible scheduling decision will generally be made no later than 6 days prior to the game.

For Thursday Night Football in Weeks 13-17, the flexible scheduling decision will be made no later than 28 days prior to the game.

Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in the Flex Scheduling Windows are subject to change generally at least 12 days in advance (and at least 6 days in advance for Sundays in Weeks 14-17) and should plan accordingly.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah back when I was....ah...I've previously heard multiple feedbacks that there is message board software that allows sub-threads to be tracked and selected, and that would be a Good Feature.  But of course it's fantastic that Scott continues to maintain this board using whatever software he considers best all around. and allows the swan's feet underneath the pool of the continued operation to pass unseen.

Really appreciated your up to the minute report on your time at the game, Great Stuff!

Baldy pointed out that not only did Brady keep running - he kept running the same play "we're gonna do this until you prove you can stop it"

This is one of my big points "why Brady is better than Dorsey"

• They scouted a defensive deficiency watching tape and planned an attack around it
  • When it worked, they dedicated to it kept hammering it until the defense broken *their* gameplan to counter

If the Dallas O had been clicking and keeping it a closer game and their D had adjusted, Josh could have thrown for more yards. But there was never a reason to, so why do it unless the D gives you a reason?

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

I don’t think they need a full season to install, the offense hasn’t looked that much different from formations and play design to what Dorsey was running… it’s just a matter of implementation. 

Brady is calling a whole game and setting up pieces throughout it. Like Chess, a lot of calls are trap moves to force a defense into something else. Very methodical the past few games. 

Some say the Alvin Kamara reference and I’m inclined to go with that more than CMC. McCaffery is an absolute beast who, I think as of right now, is in a tier of his own that is followed closely by the likes of Cook, Etienne, Mostert and Pollard. 

I am not saying that Bills will need an offseason install to have a great postseason offense.

But right now if I am making a list of the best skill position weapons on the team right now what do i see:

Diggs

Cook

Kincaid

Knox

If 2 tight ends and your RB are in the top 4 of that list, I think we can steal some concept from Shannahan

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Sit upper deck and watched that play all day.  I don’t think they stopped them but once?  Only got a couple yards a few times, but for the most part smoked that play!

Cant believe the cowboys didn’t try and stop it.   Guess they were more worried about medium to long pass plays?

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

football is a very simple game. Their strength on defense is pass rush. They were gonna pin their ears back all night and go all out to get to Josh.

So let's have Dawkins and Brown run full speed and blast their best pass rushers over and over and over until they don't wanna play no more.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Best thing about Joe Brady yesterday was he didn’t try to get cute. Just stuck with what was working. I’ve seen previous OC’s, including Daboll go back to to pass pass pass when the run is working. It’s tempting when you have Allen and Diggs.

I went back and looked at the Cowboys defensive alignment last night. They pretty much played Dime all day long. Even against 21 and 12. 

Their 4-3 was comprised of 1 LB and 2 safeties. 

And they often played a DE at 3 tech. 

Kudos to Brady to continuing to pound the rock against a tiny defense they simple couldn't adjust do to not having the personnel. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Dan Orlovsky broke it down:

This is the kind of offensive gameplan I love and for some reason it eludes most play callers. You don't have to be fancy. Find a mismatch and attack it over and over and over again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Effectively, they are going to wait for the results of the Week 17 games. 

I have a feeling they are going to isolate the Bills Dolphins game. The way it's shaping up, the only individual games that might solo determine playoff or division standings are Bills/Dolphins (assuming it's a .5 game advantage going in) and Browns/Bengals (two WC teams in the mix)

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I never watch FS1 "Undisputed" with Skip Bayliss. I didn't realize they were the Dallas Cowboys post game show.

Oh yes. Always been that way with Skip.  It's always Cowboys, Lakers (LeBron) and used to be Tom Brady but now that he's gone they just devote more time to Cowboys and Lakers. Lol.

1 hour ago, LarryMadman said:

KC and Baltimore are going to win their divisions and 5 more playoff spots, 2 division winners and 3 wild cards 

If Miami beats Dallas and Baltimore and loses to Buffalo they have 12 wins, unlikely they win 2 of last 3.

Cleveland has Houston, NYJ and Cincy, 2 wins and a loss to Cincy gives them 11 wins and 8 conference wins

Cincy has Pitt, KC and Cleveland, 3 wins gives them 11 wins and head to head vs Buffalo

Jax has Tampa, Carolina and Tenessee, 3 wins gives them 11 wins and head to head vs Buffalo

Indy has Atlanta, Las Vegas and Houston, 3 wins gives them 11 wins and 9 conference wins

Houston has Cleveland, Tennessee and Indy, I see 2 losses there so they are out

Buffalo wins out with 11 wins and 7 conference wins and is out in this scenerio

If any of Indy, Jax or Cincy lose 1 and Cleveland and Miami need to lose 2 then Buffalo jumps them if Buffalo wins out. 

I can see Jax and Indy winning 3 each and Cleveland winning 2, that leaves Buffalo needing Cincy to lose 1 and Miami to lose 2, I can see that happening.

Buffalo vs Miami could be for the division winner is in and loser is out.

I'm sure there are more scenarios out there don't have time to research all of them. 

Bottom line is Buffalo needs to win out and they still might not make it

Very good analysis. 

The Miami game is not a gimme for the Bills.

That will be a close hard fought game on the road

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Dan Orlovsky broke it down:

This is the kind of offensive gameplan I love and for some reason it eludes most play callers. You don't have to be fancy. Find a mismatch and attack it over and over and over again.

I've been watching this AM and was going to post this - Orlovsky really broke it down.   I didn't realize Cowboys LB was 205 lbs (!) - makes Bernard seem big 😛  Kudos to Brady and the staff - taking Parsons out of the equation and hammering their weakness

44 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This is about 25 minutes but a good listen.  Some parts when they show plays are sometimes turned about 45 degrees and its annoying but it does go back to normal.  I don't know why they do that.

The one thing I don’t get is why a team would abandon the run down against the cowboys early in a game lol especially if they’re gonna play dime all game.   I think this ‘the cowboys are much better playing from ahead’ gets a little overblown 

we could’ve won in a shootout just running the football this game 😂

This was a special game for me as I really, really dislike the Dallas Cowboys and their owner. 

I can only hope that most fans saw in this game what I already knew in that McD and his defense outcoached the Cowboys on offense. Buffalo held Tyreek Hill to 3 catches for 58 yards. Mike Evens 3 receptions for 39 yards. Ja'Marr Chase 4 receptions for 41 yards. AJ Brown 5 receptions for 37 yards.  And in this game CeeDee Lamb 7 receptions for 53 yards. Not bad for a team without their best CB. Here is hoping that all the fans calling for McD to be fired finally wake up to see what's been happening this season. 

What I didn't know was that Joe Brady is a genius and way better than Brian Daboll or Ken Dorsey ever were. Those two would try and work Josh Allen's arm and legs until they were ready to fall off. Daboll's answer when the passing game wasn't working... was just to keep throwing!

Neither of those two knew how to work a run game like we saw from Buffalo on Sunday. The Buffalo offense was amazing and what I've been hoping for from the Buffalo Bills for years. Build a top-run game and work it when the passing game isn't working...and boy did it work! 

Well, this OC didn't wait to see if the Buffalo passing offense would work or not as he put the game on James Cook and allowed Josh Allen to be a game manager in handing the ball off all game long. This game plan defeated what the Cowboy's defense does best in rushing the passer. Their vaunted star defensive players did nothing.

The Best thing to happen to the Buffalo Bills this season was the parting ways with former OC Ken Dorsey.

Anyway, Dallas was out-coached on both sides of the ball this game. Yeah, OUT COACHED !!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.