Bills DBs' gloves

BillnutinHouston

image.jpeg.5094d7778d1edb405fc0314fc8619992.jpeg
Dear NFL officials,

As a concerned citizen looking out for the best for the league's fairness, I wish to document and report incidents of holding due to players wearing gloves the same colour as the opponents' jerseys.  Please do look into this.

Yours truly,

Phil Melichick,

Anytown, Massachusetts 

PS  I may be moving to California soon.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 6

I used to keep a few sets of multi-colored markers around for the sole purpose of coloring all the tape on fingers and wrists the "appropriate" color each week. I also used to have different colored 3/4 sleeve shirts to wear underneath my jersey, which itself would have the sleeves pulled up into my armpits and rubber banded into place with as much of the undershirt sleeve showing as possible.

Odd phenomenon: Because I'm right-handed the tape on my left hand would always be neat and tidy, while my right hand would still have marker scribbles on it for days after I took off the tape. :doh:

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

I used to keep a few sets of multi-colored markers around for the sole purpose of coloring all the tape on fingers and wrists the "appropriate" color each week. I also used to have different colored 3/4 sleeve shirts to wear underneath my jersey, which itself would have the sleeves pulled up into my armpits and rubber banded into place with as much of the undershirt sleeve showing as possible.

Odd phenomenon: Because I'm right-handed the tape on my left hand would always be neat and tidy, while my right hand would still have marker scribbles on it for days after I took off the tape. :doh:

Does this revelation mean that you're not all 'truth, justice, and the American way'?

🤔

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

Did you vogue in the mirror after all that work?

HLfnqgCyglJMk.webp

Edited by BBFL
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Does this revelation mean that you're not all 'truth, justice, and the American way'?

🤔

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Did you vogue in the mirror after all that work?

Reported!!!!!

PS...

I picture you as a Tight End Simon...did you go sleeveless jersey?? :wub:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

🤔

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. :devil:

39 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

PS...

I picture you as a Tight End Simon...did you go sleeveless jersey?? :wub:

I wasn't cutting off the sleeves of my only jersey every year; that's what the rubber bands were for.

And if you want a picture of my ass, just ask.

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Was re-watching the Chiefs game and noticed that all of our DBs were wearing red gloves, presumably to match the color of the Chiefs jerseys. 

Will they wear white gloves this week?  Do DBs of all teams do this when they can find gloves that match the other team's jerseys?

I have wondered for years why all teams don’t always match the gloves to opponent jerseys (as much as possible). 

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Saw a YouTube short a few weeks ago of the Kelce’s podcast where they talked about DBs always wearing red gloves against KC to get away with grabbing the jerseys. 

Definitely something to it. 

KC being home team has choice of jersey colors. If opponents are doing that then they should just wear white jerseys,

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

White gloves it is!

:w00t:

Too bad Chiefs will not wear alternate uniforms - too bad for them.

Chiefs CEO and chairman Clark Hunt, who was asked about alternate uniforms this week, said he’s honoring his father, team founder Lamar Hunt. “It was something that my dad felt very strongly about, going all the way back to the early ’60s,” Hunt said. “He wanted a lot of continuity in the uniforms and we’ve tried to maintain that over the years. I think we have a very distinct brand with the red and white, and I don’t anticipate steering away from that anytime soon.”

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article277633978.html#storylink=cpy

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

KC being home team has choice of jersey colors. If opponents are doing that then they should just wear white jerseys,

Then the opposing team would wear white gloves. They announce what jerseys they’re wearing earlier in the week. Teams would just switch colors. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

5 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Then the opposing team would wear white gloves. They announce what jerseys they’re wearing earlier in the week. Teams would just switch colors. 

You and others are right.  NFL should require neon green gloves for all players.  They won't because they really do not care about getting calls right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

You and others are right.  NFL should require neon green gloves for all players.  They won't because they really do not care about getting calls right.

Ernie Adams used to watch games each week and record tendencies of each zebra. 

For each game they played he generate profile of zebras assigned to game and tell players what boundary on fouls were on crew.

They would even have walkthroughs on calls.

One of my coworkers in 2012 used to be a player for Cheats (among other teams) mostly on practice squad but was on 53 a few times.

I asked if they was any betting using knowledge he gathered and he said not that he knew but Ernie being no longer bound by NFL rules is probably rich now.

11 hours ago, Simon said:

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. :devil:

I wasn't cutting off the sleeves of my only jersey every year; that's what the rubber bands were for.

And if you want a picture of my ass, just ask.

you are the mod so I defer but I think the poli board is where people show their ass?

• Haha (+1) 1

I thought I recall this becoming a thing a decade or so ago, and what was decided was that you could wear colored gloves as long as it's part of your team's color scheme. The Bills, being red and blue are within their rights to wear red gloves. Sucks for KC that they have nothing in their scheme to match up with the Bills blue jerseys.

Denver for instance in this game right now, with an orange and navy scheme, I don't think they're allowed to wear powder blue gloves to try to hide the hands against the Lions, but they can (and are) wearing the navy which is as close as they can get.

30 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I thought I recall this becoming a thing a decade or so ago, and what was decided was that you could wear colored gloves as long as it's part of your team's color scheme. The Bills, being red and blue are within their rights to wear red gloves. Sucks for KC that they have nothing in their scheme to match up with the Bills blue jerseys.

Denver for instance in this game right now, with an orange and navy scheme, I don't think they're allowed to wear powder blue gloves to try to hide the hands against the Lions, but they can (and are) wearing the navy which is as close as they can get.

Yup and if you look at the Lions O, all their hands/gloves are white to blend in with the bronco jerseys. 

Makes me wonder if our uniform selections are based on what colors the opposing team cannot match. 🤔

Or maybe that’s part of the home field advantage. Most away uniforms are white, and everyone can wear white gloves. So when you’re away, they can always match your uniform 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by DaggersEOD
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Color rush vs Jets is best, Dolphins, they can still use orange and Pats fuhgeddit.

as I wrote it, I was thinking about the color rush and how in those games, all gloves are contrasting colors. 

Looked dreadful but was more competitively neutral lol. 

On 12/16/2023 at 7:54 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.jpeg.5094d7778d1edb405fc0314fc8619992.jpeg
Dear NFL officials,

As a concerned citizen looking out for the best for the league's fairness, I wish to document and report incidents of holding due to players wearing gloves the same colour as the opponents' jerseys.  Please do look into this.

Yours truly,

Phil Melichick,

Anytown, Massachusetts 

PS  I may be moving to California soon.

That last line 💀

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.