12/10/23 Week #14 GAMEDAY Bills at Chiefs Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Welcome back from our latest ever Bye week! Today, we begin our season-ending 5 game winning streak that gets us back to the playoffs! Hey! It’s the season of Hope! Right? 

Again, our Must See TV team is on display for most of the nation as we head to KC to play the Champs. Coming up a little short against the other SB team when we last played, heightens the necessity for victory today. Both teams are coming off a loss, so a real barn-burner should be on tap for this very important contest. 

KC ‘ain’t what they used to be’ and can be had -unlike recent seasons. They aren’t even the #1 seed right now. Their new OLine hasn’t performed well, their receivers can’t catch and Swifty’s dance partner appears to have reached the twilight of his illustrious career as they’re averaging mid 20’s in point production recently. What has played well is their Defense, with a rebuilt Secondary. But Their DLine only boasts 1 great player and the LB core is pedestrian. They are susceptible to the run. So what will Joe Brady cook up for this matchup? Why, ‘throw the ball all over the field’ of course! We have to. We have Josh Allen! Mike Greenberg said it so well this week regarding our Enigma QB.

For us, our Defense -while no longer a top 10 unit, has played surprisingly well in its revamped condition. Hyde & Poyer are playing very well in their twilight as is our LBers. Our DLine has been able to rush the QB and is 2nd in sacks. But they’ll have their hands full chasing Mahomes around today. Were it not for the occasional huge gash plays, they’ve been good against the rush as well. For the Bills, our Offense has come back to life under Brady. Fine production from our OLine in rush and passpro, effective running from our backs and our WRs are catching damn near everything thrown their way. Even Gabe Davis!

So, what this game will likely come down to comes down to, is Patrick Mahomes vs Josh Allen. What football fan the world over doesn’t want to glue their eyes to THAT?! It’s another Match up made in TV Heaven!

WE GOTTA BELIEVE! 

Joe Marino chimes in

GO BILLS!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

(not so) fun fact:

This will be 3rd consecutive regular season road game vs Chiefs, which people hate/don't understand but that is how scheduling formula works (5th consecutive overall including playoffs).

Next year should start 3 year period when we play them home. But unless some miracle happens (we win the division or they won't), it won't happen, since we end up on different places in respective divisions. So instead of Chiefs, we get Broncos.

Anyway, it has nothing to do with our dominant win today.

I’ve given up on this season so many times already. I have doubts like so many about the coach. I fear our prized pass rusher is all washed up and killing the cap. Our Star QB is having mental struggles. Yet here I am with you sick people at 6 AM in the PGT. Happy game day you filthy animals! Beat the chefs and make me billieve again!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I watched the embedded podcasts above. I always get sucked in. I really believe this team has the talent to win out. But in the end we still have a head coach that is going to make decisions at key times of the game, and more than likely, those will cost us the game. My only hope is the Bills players are so ready to not let McDermott's horrible gametime decisions effect the outcome of the game, that everyplayer, does everything in their power to achieve greatness at every second and blow the Chiefs out.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

I watched the embedded podcasts above. I always get sucked in. I really believe this team has the talent to win out. But in the end we still have a head coach that is going to make decisions at key times of the game, and more than likely, those will cost us the game. My only hope is the Bills players are so ready to not let McDermott's horrible gametime decisions effect the outcome of the game, that everyplayer, does everything in their power to achieve greatness at every second and blow the Chiefs out.

I understand and agreed. If -and it’s a big IF, we can win out, We’ll be Super Bowl bound! 

‘Dear Santa,

I’ve been a very good um pretty good um..  How are you?

For Christmas, I would like to see the Bills make the Super Bowl

your friend,

Chandler #81

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Going to be nail biter with whomever has the ball last winning. To keep my sanity as a long time Buff sports fan i look at this game as a win-win situation. The Bills win and I think they have a good shot at running the table and making the playoffs. Lose and a wheel or two comes off the wagon and they close out the season at 9-8 or 8-9 and have a better draft pick with a slim chance (very slim??) of making a needed coaching  change and roster overhaul. Plus the added benefit of no one picking the bills to win much of anything next season.

Edited by entropyrules

Happy Game Day TBD! A long, long time ago, I had a High School Coach who used to give cursing-laced pregame speeches--the kind that would get you fired in today's world. As motivation for today's game, I pull out one of his most memorable: "We're going in there to beat the #$#& out of them on the field, then we'll teardown their #@$%@ goal posts, and then we'll go into the bleachers and steal their #@$%@ girlfriends!" . . . Taylor, watch out, Josh and the boys are coming for you! 

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

• Haha (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.