Week 14, Bills v. Chefs - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

I'm feeling positive and non logical:

Bills 27

Chefs 20

Bills jump out to 10-0 lead and manage the game enough that the Chiefs only can stay within a TD. Mahomes is frustrated throughout despite making his normal great plays and Buffalo runs the clock out. Josh has another solid week but it is Cook who goes off for 130 yards which carries the day. Hyde gets an INT late 3rd quarter and a Cook rushing TD puts the Bills up 24-13. Bills get a FG mid 4th quarter and the Chiefs do get a TD to make it 27-20, but Bills call game after that to make the season far more interesting.

Allen 24-34 256 yds 1 TD

Cook 130 yds 1 TD 14 att, 35 yds receiving

Kincaid 100 yds 7 rec

Groot 2 sacks

(Actual thought on the game: the Chiefs offense is a mess right now and Mahomes is carrying a very up and down WR corp. Their D is solid but they have had injuries that have hurt them and they may be down to their 3rd string LB corp. The Bills offense really does have a legit chance to carry the day, its going to be on the D to just not Mahomes get going to much)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, krf139 said:

Why in the world is everyone so confident? Listening to WGR, I’m hearing positivity from the typical talking heads about the Bills running the table when we can’t beat the Broncos, Pats or Jets. Baffling 

KC 24

BUF 17

So here is my logical explanation even though I think it is a tough game and 50/50 at best:

-Bills offense is back to cooking and looks to be righted back to what we were use to until the GB/NYJ implosion last year

-KC's offense is not the world killer it has been even with Mahomes being Mahomes. Their yards per game has dropped nearly 71 yards from 22' to 23'. They are still a good offense as they are top 10 in most stats, but compared to every offense since Mahomes got here this is the most mortal they have been.

-Every Buffalo loss has been a one score game with some strokes of atrocious luck like Elliot managing a 59 yard FG in the f*cking rain to some bad coaching decisions. Historically one score games in the NFL are much more luck based then skill (although I do believe some coaches excel more then other to increase W vs L). Buffalo is due for a one score win just simply because things do balance out.

-Regardless of my feelings on McD (goodbye) he is 6-0 after the bye and he actually won in KC in 2017 after they were dead and buried following the Peterman Chargers game

-Injuries'! KC's defense has been the stronger point of the team this year and is good. Chris Jones is eating people like never before and in general this is a well coached unit. BUT the Chiefs are most likely not going to have their top LB Drue Tranquill as he suffered a concussion against GB and most likely will not play given the timeframe of testing. More important then him Bryan Cook their starting safety in his 2nd year is going to be out with an ankle injury. Cook was 2nd in tackles in the GB game and his been a key to their secondary.

-The Bills issue this entire year is less the opponent and more themselves at this point. With a bye week to tie things up a bit especially defensively they stand a good shot in KC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, krf139 said:

Why in the world is everyone so confident? Listening to WGR, I’m hearing positivity from the typical talking heads about the Bills running the table when we can’t beat the Broncos, Pats or Jets. Baffling 

KC 24

BUF 17

Because we are Bills fans and the Chiefs have problems too.  They also lost to the Broncos, barely beat the Jets, barely beat Miami, and just the week before us only put 17 points up against Philly, while just this week lost to a below .500 GB team.  They went over a month without scoring a second half point on offense until the Raiders game that they also struggled in until the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 1

I felt strongly that Buffalo was going to beat Philly and lose to KC.  I was wrong on the Eagles game and I will stick to my original prediction and maybe I'll be wrong on both.  I believe it was a bad result for us when KC lost to GB, and especially the non-DPI call at the end (KC will have an officiating advantage this week guaranteed).  I think those things and my feeling that KC won't lose twice in a row at Arrowhead (PHL and BUF) will sink the Bills.

KC  33

Bills 24

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.