Week 14, Bills v. Chefs - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

17 hours ago, Ryan Simpsons said:

big game. THEY WILL PULL IT OFF!!!

They haven't lost b2b games in 49 games.

We're their last big hurdle to winning out and possibly the #1 Seed.. 

If we can be the first team to put up more than 21 points @ Arrowhead this season, we should win.  If not, then not.  

Fewest TOs wins this game otherwise.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bills 38-17, the Bills taking the next step, three games into the new season, AD.

They are a much better all around team than the Chiefs now.

Brady did exactly what I have been calling for since the beginning of last year--run the ball, vary the formations, throw the ball to the backs, open up the entire middle of the field, and go from "outrageously predictable" to unpredictable.

Last week they built on that success as I predicted as the success of the new offense against the Jets opened up the passing game, specifically, getting the ball to Davis. They built on the success of the previous week where they ran so well and threw the short and intermediate balls so well.  Now it is likely that the intermediate and long routes will continue to reveal themselves.

This week it is all of those things and now Diggs, Davis and Shakir with big games, with one or two of them, monster games.  (And maybe Cook and Kincaid too.)

The Bills will look like they have looked lately, AD, which is close to how they looked BD, while the Chiefs will look like they have looked lately.

Well, I hope!

Go Bills!

(The next day...: after looking more closely at the Chiefs it seems that maybe one of the Bills wideouts may have a big game, as they have done a great job of stopping teams' #1 receivers.  So Davis and Shakir and Kincaid and Cook (and Knox?) may need to carry the loud at least early, until the blowout is in full throttle.  In any case it has been the short game, the running game, and use of the middle of the field in the AD era that have been the cornerstones of their success.  Likely again today, especially early. And If the Bills can run it early with their 3 productive backs that will make it all easier, of course.)

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

On 12/6/2023 at 8:23 AM, krf139 said:

Why in the world is everyone so confident? Listening to WGR, I’m hearing positivity from the typical talking heads about the Bills running the table when we can’t beat the Broncos, Pats or Jets. Baffling 

KC 24

BUF 17

It really is. Add the giants to that.  1 yd away from 5-7.  It’s the nfl. Anything can happen, however anyone thinking that this is more probable than not is being delusional. If we win the next five awesome.  I would be curious to see what the McDermott apologists will be saying if we lose on the last drive because we defer to our defense to make the stop.

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, <bills4life> said:

It really is. Add the giants to that.  1 yd away from 5-7.  It’s the nfl. Anything can happen, however anyone thinking that this is more probable than not is being delusional. If we win the next five awesome.  I would be curious to see what the McDermott apologists will be saying if we lose on the last drive because we defer to our defense to make the stop.

Were  you in favor the Bills firing Dorsey at the time it happened? 

Did you think his leadership of the offense was a major problem for the Bills and a significant reason why they lost games this year?

Just curious about the mindset here..

2 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Were  you in favor the Bills firing Dorsey at the time it happened? 

Did you think his leadership of the offense was a major problem for the Bills and a significant reason why they lost games this year?

Just curious about the mindset here..

I was. But I also think a bigger problem is McDermotts brand of football. Playing not to lose as opposed to playing to win.  I will not go into a long diatribe to support my reasons.  (The body of work speaks for itself).  Playing scared is not a good recipe for success.  The blame in my opinion begins and ends with McDermott.   Getting rid of oc, dc, wr special teams coordinators etc is a microcosm of a bigger problem.  One is only as good as their boss allows them to be. The same common denominator is McDermott.  Dorsey needed to go because of his stupid play calling. (Shotgun on 3rd and 1 at goalie.  Not once but twice.  That Philly game accentuates why McDermott needs to go.  He knelt with 20 seconds left could have had 2 timeouts with josh Allen and a fog kicker who can kick bombs.  Unacceptable. McDermott would have been gone after the  13 seconds debacle if I were the owner.  Still waiting to hear about accountability regarding that.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.