NFL fines

balln

Once again becoming hard to follow NFL logic. Kincaid had a shot to the head , no penalty , no fine. And no horse collar fine on Allen. These fines were absurd and plentiful earlier this season and now? Nothing ?

specifically the Allen play. I suspect  The NFL does NOT want to fine bc they don’t want to admit it was a horse collar. He definitely grabs him at the end of the play on the nameplate ….

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-fined-only-nine-players-in-week-12-by-far-the-fewest-in-any-week-this-season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

They're sweeping the Bills-Eagles game under the rug like a bad hangover.

I mean as monumentally stupid as the horsecollar-grounding call was even if you didn't acknowledge that one what about the ***** cheapshot on Diggs where's the fine on that? The Eagles have zero fines this week it's ***** bull####.

Hell they even didn't give one for a penalty of roughing the passer that was actually called.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

and this is the true problem of it.  They fine the stupid stuff like this or not wearing a pair of socks but not the stuff that can injure people.

They took out a perfectly good field in London to play on the worst field Von Miller has ever played on. Injuries are certainly NOT the main concern. They’re more interested in the things that make them more money, which includes not being in trouble with the NFLPA and more lawsuits and settlements. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, balln said:

Once again becoming hard to follow NFL logic. Kincaid had a shot to the head , no penalty , no fine. And no horse collar fine on Allen. These fines were absurd and plentiful earlier this season and now? Nothing ?

specifically the Allen play. I suspect  The NFL does NOT want to fine bc they don’t want to admit it was a horse collar. He definitely grabs him at the end of the play on the nameplate ….

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-fined-only-nine-players-in-week-12-by-far-the-fewest-in-any-week-this-season

Good(fornothing)ell Experiment.

37 minutes ago, Augie said:

They took out a perfectly good field in London to play on the worst field Von Miller has ever played on. Injuries are certainly NOT the main concern. They’re more interested in the things that make them more money, which includes not being in trouble with the NFLPA and more lawsuits and settlements. 

That means if NFLPA sues for improving fields rather than invalidating fines and suspensions they will correct.  Despite that NFLPA priority is NOT safety.

Taylor Swifts brother in law outraged after Phillips didn’t get a fine for intentionally trying to hurt Eagles player when he jumped Offside. After the late hit on Kincaid and the horrible one sided game calls he’s gonna have a hard time getting much sympathy. His team got gifted the win.. but he’s cool because he’s got a podcast. 

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

The thought of Terry Pegula “raising hell” with anyone is  amusing.

How about McClappy saying something on the field!! Stand up when’s it a complete farce !!!

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

and this is the true problem of it.  They fine the stupid stuff like this or not wearing a pair of socks but not the stuff that can injure people.

uniform violations are CBA negotiated flat amounts. Tough hits are much blurrier. Comparing the two fine situations will never leave anyone happy. Same with many conduct issues.

Edited by NoSaint

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Remember, the guy deciding the fines is Troy Vincent, NFL Director for Player Safety.  The man who broke his own QBs leg in training camp just to send him a message.  You can't make this ***** up. 

So you're saying his reaction to the intentional grounding play was something like this?

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299c52d204358d17d635

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Some things bever change... it's up to the organization to raise hell with the NFL, but my guess is it's silence as usual. 

I mean, how would you know it’s “silence as usual”?  The questions on the officiating take place internally between the team and the league - I’m sure they’re not silent in raising questions there.

10 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Some things bever change... it's up to the organization to raise hell with the NFL, but my guess is it's silence as usual. 

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, how would you know it’s “silence as usual”?  The questions on the officiating take place internally between the team and the league - I’m sure they’re not silent in raising questions there.

Raiding garbage cans for discarded drafts of memos of course.  Time to fire all of the janitorial staff - that is how they got rid of leroi.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.