Sources say ZERO PERCENT chance McD is fired

Brand J

On 12/6/2023 at 5:51 AM, GunnerBill said:

This is the answer on my card.

meh. I’ve been cool with calling this a top 5-10 team depending on where von lands. Towards the latter end is a challenge as it means wild card in the afc and that’s a crowded house.

I do think our talent is above a few teams ahead of us though and the extra couple wins generally tie to McD mistakes this year. 

FWIW:

Where I would question Tim's report is - does Pegula feel publicly embarrassed enough to change his thinking? It's less about the incident itself and more about the stink it leaves on an organization that has experienced several other massive failures this season.

I'm having trouble deciding which of the many McDermott threads I should be putting new reports in. I'll put this one here since it's a direct response to Tim Graham's report:

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3

I cant believe Sean's best example of fostering teamwork is the 9-11 hijackers executing their attack. Like seriously Sean? It just boggles the mind. Much like many of his coaching decisions. This guy is in another world. This story just reaffirms that belief.

If this team loses out he gets fired, but theres too much talent on this team for that to happen imho.

Curious where more fans would land tho: more likely we win out or lose out?

Given the leash it appears Sean has, i'd tend to agree Sean doesnt get fired (even tho he likely should).

• Like (+1) 1

I Will bet anyone here a new shiny nickel that he wont be fired either.

I am convinced he will resign which will spare beane and Pegula having to fire him.  He will walk away from the game for a year and try to rehab his image and next year at this time we will start to hear that he wants to coach again.

I am sorry but there is no coming back from making any kind of comments about 9/11 the way he did.  The Bills organization may have made amends with this years ago but now the whole league knows about and for those who do not the sunday morning pregame shows will fill them in.

Unless they win a super bowl it is fairly obvious he cant coach here going forward, having him as the head coach on the road at NY and New England is impossible...

They will tell him that and basically make him resign to step away and be with his family (rehab his image) and return in 2025 as a coach somewhere.

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Is it possible to jump from 0% to 100% in 1 day.  Maybe we run that Osama Bin Ladin defense Sunday?

Josh has been yelling audible names all year. The next one we’ll hear on the field is “bin Laden! bin Laden!” 😂 

What’s next for McD? Maybe he’ll try to inspire the team with a story about the Boston marathon bombers.

8 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I Will bet anyone here a new shiny nickel that he wont be fired either.

I am convinced he will resign which will spare beane and Pegula having to fire him.  He will walk away from the game for a year and try to rehab his image and next year at this time we will start to hear that he wants to coach again.

I am sorry but there is no coming back from making any kind of comments about 9/11 the way he did.  The Bills organization may have made amends with this years ago but now the whole league knows about and for those who do not the sunday morning pregame shows will fill them in.

Unless they win a super bowl it is fairly obvious he cant coach here going forward, having him as the head coach on the road at NY and New England is impossible...

They will tell him that and basically make him resign to step away and be with his family (rehab his image) and return in 2025 as a coach somewhere.

He should be the laughing stock of the league for that idiotic analogy.  No wonder this fool blows so many close games.

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He should be the laughing stock of the league for that idiotic analogy.  No wonder this fool blows so many close games.

I bet most fans know nothing about this but after the pregame shows sunday everyone will.  I also imagine the league office is not happy with this.  A coach for a team in NY making that analogy is just wrong on so many levels.  

I am really curious to see if Jim Nantz mentions this during the game.

Again I will bet anything he resigns because he will never get away from this.

Edited by MikePJ76

On 11/30/2023 at 1:21 PM, ToGoGo said:

The fans need to relax. It’s been embarrassing on this board the last few months. 

Hold yourselves the way you want the Bills organization to hold themselves. 

If I don’t “win” at my job I’d get fired so I hope that they do hold him in the same regard.

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

Realistically only a SB victory should save McDermott at his point…..

but I don’t sign his checks. 😁

I want him gone under any circumstance other than this, but I could accept an AFCCG appearance, without losing my mind, as long as it is a great game where best team wins. Not stupidest coach loses it for team. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.