Sources say ZERO PERCENT chance McD is fired

Brand J

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

The fans need to relax. It’s been embarrassing on this board the last few months. 

Hold yourselves the way you want the Bills organization to hold themselves. 

are you saying you hold yourself to mediocracy?  I mean, no issues if you do, but that's what the Bills have become.  McD is the only coach to choke in this many close games.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

I believe this a lot more than Florio shooting from the hip.

I think this team would have to endure a colossal melt-down in the locker room and on the field the final 5 games in order for any coaching change to be considered

People "close to Pegula" voicing opinions on what they think he will do is meaningless.

There is always room for unexpected things.  If McDermott is fired, presumably all 4 sources would tell the author "I tell you I am shocked that this happened! Shocked!"

How the last 5 games look and go down could totally change the situation as well, and those 4 sources don't have crystal balls.

Just some random thoughts on this....

- Timing seems odd, but almost like this was intentional given the epic meltdown in Philly and latest news of Von Miller's incident.

- If Josh Allen goes to Terry Pegula and tells him that McDummy needs to go have to believe that matters just a little.

- If this team loses to KC (and they will), and loses big have to believe the lockerroom finally quits. Or maybe they already have and that's why this story was leaked ASAP.

- Given the situation with Kim Pegula I definitely could see where Terry doesn't want to deal with a coaching and/or GM search in a few months.

In the end, it's not going to be shocking when nothing happens after the season ends in early January but no way this clown's seat is extremely hot in 2024 and possibly fired midseason if the same old stuff keeps happening and considering that next year might be that ugly 'rebuilding' year very possibly Pegula wants to wait until 2025 for any real changes.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Wow. Shocker. Guy has coached the winningest team since Marv. Yeah…let’s get rid of him.

Demanding perfection from entertainment is comical. Instant gratification at its best. 

We should have had one if not two SuperBowl championships by now. It all points to the head coach as to why we don't. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

OK let’s not pretend, Terry, that McD is like Belichek and his vast array of hardware is enough in the bank to keep him around. We need more out of the head coach at this point and we need Allen to have an Offensive coach he can stick with for the remainder of his QB career in Buffalo.

52 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

Yeah we really enjoy almost winning a super bowl *&%$ing awesome.

Who's almost won a Super Bowl?  Certainly not McDermott!

Dude made it to once championship game and got pounded.  

He wouldn't know what a SB looks like.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Four separate sources talked? To “The Athletic?”

Again, I’m supposed to believe four people who are close enough to Terry Pegula to know this info all decided to talk anonymously to the ***** Athletic?

Anyone else having a problem with that?  

It could be orchestrated as others have guessed, specifically for all the talk lately of getting rid of McD. The Bills, since Beane has been in office, have largely been buttoned up. Very few leaks of any news, so when something like this comes out, it might be safe to assume it’s planned. Like a player agent leaking something to the press that serves his client. 
———————————————————

If we are stuck with McD for at least one more year, there are two immediate changes I would like to see. One would be to stop calling defensive timeouts, the other would be to stop calling soft zone coverage or cover 0 when protecting a lead.
As to the first request, I have no doubt the Bills win the :13 second game if he kept his timeouts because the Chiefs wouldn’t then have the time to assess how the Bills were playing them, talk it over, and then implement those changes. If McD was in Reid’s shoes as the Bills were driving down the field to take the lead, no doubt he would’ve called at least one defensive timeout, which would’ve meant that he didn’t have all 3 to later get into position for a game tying FG. Stop the defensive timeouts and stop the cover 0 or soft zone lead protection. Play your normal base nickel defense, but challenge the other QB to make tight window throws to win the game. Dont give it to him on a platter. That Dan Orlovsky video showing the pass to the left flat 6 consecutive times or whatever it was, was disheartening and damning.

McD has to be better and I think he knows it. But will he ever learn? Or will it always be “hindsight is 20/20”?

32 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Who is out there? I’ve heard 2 names, one has a pretty cozy college job. 

Every year there are bright young coordinators who become available for head coaching jobs and this year is no different.  Not all of them succeed, of course, but the Bills would have the pick of the litter.

1 hour ago, Preds said:

We can only hope Allen does that, otherwise we're going to sit here and stew as more years of his prime are wasted with a terrible HC.

Assuming you know nothing about Buf prior to 2017 if McD is a terrible coach, dude has 2nd most wins in the last 3.75 seasons. Which means he's doing something not only right but excellent/elite during the week to have these boys ready to go every week.  

I get it, we're SB caliber and losing close games, extremely frustrating but the criticism towards him is severely overblown. 

Allen doesn't have that power btw, sure he could sit out but he's here regardless of our HC. He can maybe make a suggestion, along with other guys but 

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

I believe this a lot more than Florio shooting from the hip.

I think this team would have to endure a colossal melt-down in the locker room and on the field the final 5 games in order for any coaching change to be considered

All of our other colossal meltdowns don’t matter? 

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

The fans need to relax. It’s been embarrassing on this board the last few months. 

Accountable? By firing McD? I believe we are. 

Stacked by winning% in the regular season. Coaches with 100 or more games who have never won a conference championship. Some good company Terry. Eventually these statistical anomalies we keep seeing with the team are not anomalies. Sean is setting up to be more of a Marty than Marty and it's not like it's hard to see why that is. 

image.thumb.png.2732edbbe92bab23870aaba7465e1085.png×

1 hour ago, Julio Hopkins said:

Being short sighted is keeping Micky D because of Josh Allen's success.  But that's on the fan base to figure out.  Pegula is content with making money, winning is secondary to him.  

If winning is secondary to him, he would actually fire McDermott. In his eyes, he sees past success under McDermott and is afraid to fire him because of it. It's a "safe" play for him. He's going with what he hopes is more success under the same coach instead of the unknown of another coach. 

Well if that is the case it is time to reach out to some top flight assistants and get some help with managing the gameday process.  

this organization can not run mcdermott out as the authoritarian he is right now and a lack of proven veteran assistants.  No way. 

He has been given power he has not earned.  He is the buffalo bills Jason Garrett and in Dallas they stripped garrett of his power and brought in an Offensive Coordinator to call plays and empowered more of the staff.  They made Garrett a walk around coach so he couldn't screw things up on gameday because they liked the atmosphere he created at the facility and how he handled young players and scouting.  

then finally enough was enough and Dallas has been much better since the day he was gone.  

its the same thing here.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Agree 2

Man, in a few short months, I went from feeling the the future was endlessly bright, to feeling like we're back in the drought days.

I'm not totally anti-McD, but it's hard to believe we could miss the playoffs or even continue our collapse down the stretch - and we'd just roll it all back in '24

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

No way. I’ve held it together over the past few years with all the strange endings and weirdness while they waste a historically productive offense. Then the nonsense this year, i finally lost it after the 12-men Denver ending. Then the Philly debacle with our supposed “defensive head coach” who cannot scheme a defense to stop a drive at the end of games to save his life.(and won’t trust his QB with 20 seconds).

Now I am unhinged! Barring 9 straight wins to a SB miracle,  get this man outta town.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.