Is Josh Allen really as INT prone as being made out to be? Spoiler Alert - NO

Alphadawg7

He turns the ball over but scores an awful lot to compensate that. 

Very few times has a turnover of his sealed the game as a loss. 

Bugger picture in those games? Sure, it probably aided in a loss however I’ll take the probability of him doing what he does to equate to a win over the probability of a loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

You absolutely can blame some of the interceptions on coaching. Better coaching = less bad decisions. A coach's job is to communicate to the players what they should be looking for. 

Obviously coaching can't eliminate all mistakes, but there are definitely established patterns that can be positively or negatively affected by coaching. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No, read the thread title and OP.  This thread is discussing the narrative around his interceptions which if you turn on a TV is what is predominantly being discussed.  Again, if you or the other poster you quoted want to start your own thread to talk about a completely different topic, then feel free to do so and I will be happy to participate in it.  But the thread title and OP very specifically identified the topic of this conversation.  

No, his interceptions and leading the NFL right now in interceptions is predominantly what is being discussed.  Regardless, this thread is discussing the narrative around him being prone to interceptions and if that is accurate or not.  

Why are you including his rushing TD’s and not his rushing turnovers in this analysis?

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Because a fumble isn’t necessarily a rushing turnover? 

It can be.

it seems disingenuous to include rushing TD’s in an analysis about throwing interceptions and not include fumbles. I recently checked the math and it’s impossible to throw an interception when running the football unless you’re Zach Wilson. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

It can be.

it seems disingenuous to include rushing TD’s in an analysis about throwing interceptions and not include fumbles. I recently checked the math and it’s impossible to throw an interception when running the football unless you’re Zach Wilson. 

A fumble can occur when running the football, but it’s not exclusively a “rushing turnover” as you described it above. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Why are you including his rushing TD’s and not his rushing turnovers in this analysis?

The thread title and OP analysis was almost entirely the rate of frequency that Josh throws an INT, which has nothing to do with TD's.  The topic of conversation very specifically is around his interceptions.  I added a small piece of bonus content at the end to just see how often he scored vs throwing an interception and spot checked it against a couple greats...why, because we are talking about interceptions.  I guess shame on me for staying on topic about interceptions in a thread about interceptions.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Success said:

He also leads in TD's.

Doesn’t matter when you’re constantly turning the ball over.  Its impossible to stay consistent and when your not consistent you lose football games. Just like Sunday. Josh interception vs. Philly completely changed the momentum of the game. Philly got the lead and gained confidence. 

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The thread title and OP analysis was almost entirely the rate of frequency that Josh throws an INT, which has nothing to do with TD's.  The topic of conversation very specifically is around his interceptions.  I added a small piece of bonus content at the end to just see how often he scored vs throwing an interception and spot checked it against a couple greats...why, because we are talking about interceptions.  I guess shame on me for staying on topic about interceptions in a thread about interceptions.  

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lazy analysts and media pundits look at something like a "total" and do not consider the context of that total like volume of passes.  The more passes you throw then statistically the more INT's you will throw, that is just mathematical probability.  And these comparisons to Brett Farve are just lazy and inaccurate, you will see the evidence below.  

If a player A throws 3000 passes and player B 1500 passes, then the statistical probability is that player A will likely have more INT's, but it doesn't also mean he is more likely to throw an INT on a given play.  

It is true that Allen has the "most since" and you can pick any year since being in the league and that statement is true.  Most in 2023, most since 2022, most since 2021, etc etc.  But does that really mean he is the worst at throwing interceptions?  No it doesn't directly indicate that, to know that, you need to know more context.

There is only one true metric to understand a QB's frequency that he will throw an interception, and it is NOT totals, it is INT % rate...How often he throws an INT for every pass attempt.  So how does Josh stack up against other great QB's of recent year and all time?

Josh's careen INT % rate is 2.4% and here is how that stacks up against QB's that are amongst the most prolific or best of all time:  

Aaron Rodgers 1.4%

Patrick Mahomes = 1.7%

Tom Brady = 1.8%

Drew Brees = 2.3%

Josh Allen = 2.4%

Matt Stafford = 2.4%

Ben Roethlisberger = 2.5%

Joe Montana = 2.6%

Steve Young = 2.6%

Phillip Rivers = 2.6%

Peyton Manning = 2.7%

Cam Newton = 2.7%

Dan Marino = 3.0%

Troy Aikman = 3.0%

John Elway = 3.1%

Kurt Warner = 3.1%

Randall Cunningham = 3.1%

Brett Favre = 3.3%

Warren Moon = 3.4%

Jim Kelly = 3.7%

Allen as you can see stacks up better than most and in the top 5 of this list all time great QB's.  And we can see why Farve comparison is BS and lazy as Brett was MUCH more wreckless with the football.  

Josh Allen also has a career TD to INT ratio of 2.9 to 1 which is insanely and historically great.  For comparison sakes, lets look where he ranks among some of those all time greats and his common comparison, Brett Farve.

Tom Brady:  3.2 to 1

Josh Allen:  2.9 to 1

Drew Brees:  2.4 to 1

Peyton Manning:  2.2 to 1

Brett Farve:  1.55 to 1

It is absolutely lazy and atrocious to compare him to Farve, Allens TD to INT ratio is practically DOUBLE Farves.  In todays NFL, he is 3rd behind Rodgers and Mahomes for those with at least 2 seasons played.  

NOW...doesn't mean Josh can't improve on the INT's, doesn't mean he has not made some poor decisions or forced too much.  What it does mean is that Allen has been the Bills offense and he has had to carry this team more than he should and with that comes volume and with volume comes increased totals.  But give me a QB who scores 3 TD's for every INT thrown 10 times out of 10 because there are NOT many better than that in NFL history.

So make your own opinion...would you take the most TD's of all time with an INT % rate of just 2.4% which is better than most the all time great QB's?  For those of you who have been talking about moving on from Josh...good luck with replacing that, as that is historically good and not likely to be upgraded upon in our lifetime in Buffalo. 

You can consider it commentary on your bonus content if you like.

You compared Josh's TD:INT ratio, including his 48 rushing/receiving TD's through roughly 5.5 seasons, to 4 other players who collectively have 85 total non-passing TDs over a collective 80 seasons. FWIW, Josh Allen currently has 56 recorded fumbles (not fumbles lost), Peyton Manning is his 17 year career only had 75.

I think a discrepancy between those numbers probably needs a deeper dive in order to truly dispel any turnover narrative as you claim to be doing. Ignoring such a fatal flaw in your methodology harms your overall argument, IMO. As does saying "the narrative isn't TO prone, it's interception prone!" as if most sports media talking heads, and even TBDers are usually attempting to reference turnovers in general.

I guess you have dispelled the narrative that Josh isn't that INT prone but may certainly still be very turnover prone. Idk if that's the win you were going for.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BBFL said:

He turns the ball over but scores an awful lot to compensate that. 

Very few times has a turnover of his sealed the game as a loss. 

Bugger picture in those games? Sure, it probably aided in a loss however I’ll take the probability of him doing what he does to equate to a win over the probability of a loss. 

Very few yes. But Minnesota last year and Jets this yesr were all on him.

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You can consider it commentary on your bonus content if you like.

You compared Josh's TD:INT ratio, including his 48 rushing/receiving TD's through roughly 5.5 seasons, to 4 other players who collectively have 85 total non-passing TDs over a collective 80 seasons. FWIW, Josh Allen currently has 56 recorded fumbles (not fumbles lost), Peyton Manning is his 17 year career only had 75.

I think a discrepancy between those numbers probably needs a deeper dive in order to truly dispel any turnover narrative as you claim to be doing. Ignoring such a fatal flaw in your methodology harms your overall argument, IMO. As does saying "the narrative isn't TO prone, it's interception prone!" as if most sports media talking heads, and even TBDers are usually attempting to reference turnovers in general.

I guess you have dispelled the narrative that Josh isn't that INT prone but may certainly still be very turnover prone. Idk if that's the win you were going for.

Josh Allen has 23 lost fumbles not 56.  A fumble is not a turnover, a lost fumble is turnover.  

None the less, this isnt a thread about fumbles no matter how much you want to make it be. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I said that. Read the posts you respond to.

No, you only mentioned 56 fumbles and said those are not lost, but then didn't list the lost number of fumbles.  If you know its 23 lost fumbles, then write 23 lost fumbles.  Saying 56 and leaving a note that those arent all lost leaves it open to interpretation to seem worse than it is.  23 is a lot less than 56.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, Success said:

To me, the ratio part is the most important.

JA knows how to score TD's.

This is what I have been trying to tell people when they say he is turnover prone.  Its all about the TD-to-INT ratio.

I don't care if you are throwing 20 interceptions (I mean I do but you get my point lol) a season if you are scoring close to 50 TDs a year, which is a 2.5-1 ratio which is really good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

No, you only mentioned 56 fumbles and said those are not lost, but then didn't list the lost number of fumbles.  If you know its 23 lost fumbles, then write 23 lost fumbles not 56 fumbles and just a not that not all those are lost to make it seem like the actual turnover number is higher.  

Okay.

Josh Allen has 23 lost fumbles in his 5.5 season career.

Peyton Manning has 17 lost fumbles in the last 12 years of his career (they don't have the data prior to 2003)

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/peyton-manning-fumbles-lost

Now we are getting somewhere!

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lazy analysts and media pundits look at something like a "total" and do not consider the context of that total like volume of passes.  The more passes you throw then statistically the more INT's you will throw, that is just mathematical probability.  And these comparisons to Brett Farve are just lazy and inaccurate, you will see the evidence below.  

If a player A throws 3000 passes and player B 1500 passes, then the statistical probability is that player A will likely have more INT's, but it doesn't also mean he is more likely to throw an INT on a given play.  

It is true that Allen has the "most since" and you can pick any year since being in the league and that statement is true.  Most in 2023, most since 2022, most since 2021, etc etc.  But does that really mean he is the worst at throwing interceptions?  No it doesn't directly indicate that, to know that, you need to know more context.

There is only one true metric to understand a QB's frequency that he will throw an interception, and it is NOT totals, it is INT % rate...How often he throws an INT for every pass attempt.  So how does Josh stack up against other great QB's of recent year and all time?

Josh's careen INT % rate is 2.4% and here is how that stacks up against QB's that are amongst the most prolific or best of all time:  

Aaron Rodgers 1.4%

Patrick Mahomes = 1.7%

Tom Brady = 1.8%

Drew Brees = 2.3%

Josh Allen = 2.4%

Matt Stafford = 2.4%

Joe Montana = 2.6%

Steve Young = 2.6%

Phillip Rivers = 2.6%

Peyton Manning = 2.7%

Cam Newton = 2.7%

Dan Marino = 3.0%

Troy Aikman = 3.0%

John Elway = 3.1%

Kurt Warner = 3.1%

Brett Favre = 3.3%

Warren Moon = 3.4%

Jim Kelly = 3.7%

Allen as you can see stacks up better than most and in the top 5 of this list all time great QB's.  And we can see why Farve comparison is BS and lazy as Brett was MUCH more wreckless with the football.  

Josh Allen also has a career TD to INT ratio of 2.9 to 1 which is insanely and historically great.  For comparison sakes, lets look where he ranks among some of those all time greats and his common comparison, Brett Farve.

It is absolutely lazy and atrocious to compare him to Farve, Allens TD to INT ratio is practically DOUBLE Farves.  In todays NFL, he is 3rd behind Rodgers and Mahomes for those with at least 2 seasons played.  

NOW...doesn't mean Josh can't improve on the INT's, doesn't mean he has not made some poor decisions or forced too much.  What it does mean is that Allen has been the Bills offense and he has had to carry this team more than he should and with that comes volume and with volume comes increased totals.  But give me a QB who scores 3 TD's for every INT thrown 10 times out of 10 because there are NOT many better than that in NFL history.

So make your own opinion...would you take the most TD's of all time with an INT % rate of just 2.4% which is better than most the all time great QB's?  For those of you who have been talking about moving on from Josh...good luck with replacing that, as that is historically good and not likely to be upgraded upon in our lifetime in Buffalo. 

Alpha as always thank you for a thoughtful analysis.  My only caution for myself and others not to compare to Montana, Kelly, Marino and the older guys as the rules were different all of them threw more pics.

Where you’re argument holds

water For me are the current or recently retired guys (last 4-5 years) as that is apples to apples.  

• Like (+1) 1

OP nicely written. Let's also not forget he has not missed many games so he has played many more games/snaps than others in the last 5 years. Also some of the worst INT guys suck and simply don't play that long and get benched.

I'm too tired to look it up but Josh has fumbled the ball a ton as well. Again he has more dropbacks and carries than probably any other QB during that time. But still numerically he is turning the ball over quite a bit. He cleaned up the fumbling quite a bit but it still has hurt him from time to time like Minn last year, Dolphins playoff game, and Jets this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Okay.

Peyton Manning has 17 lost fumbles in the last 12 years of his career (they don't have the data prior to 2003)

Still has nothing to do with the conversation around Josh's interception rate or this thread.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Still has nothing to do with the conversation around Josh's interception rate or this thread.  

I’m discussing the larger narrative around Josh’s turnovers, of which INT’s are only a piece of the puzzle.

you have proved that Josh isn’t that INT prone. You haven’t proved that he isn’t turnover prone. I think the latter is a much more interesting discussion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

Alpha, I appreciate your post and positivity.

- but why do you include rushing tds and not fumbles? Seems a bit misleading because Allen doesn’t lead in ints but does lead in total turnovers. 

- comparing Allen to guys who played over a decade ago is very misleading. We are in an era where Sam Howell is going to have as many 5,000 yard passing seasons as Marino, Montana, Kelly, Elway, and million other qbs combined. It’s never been easier to be a qb.

is. 

• Like (+1) 2

Aaron Rodgers 1.4%

Patrick Mahomes = 1.7%

Tom Brady = 1.8%

Drew Brees = 2.3%

Josh Allen = 2.4%

Matt Stafford = 2.4%

Joe Montana = 2.6%

Steve Young = 2.6%

Phillip Rivers = 2.6%

Peyton Manning = 2.7%

Cam Newton = 2.7%

Dan Marino = 3.0%

Troy Aikman = 3.0%

John Elway = 3.1%

Kurt Warner = 3.1%

Brett Favre = 3.3%

Warren Moon = 3.4%

Jim Kelly = 3.7%

Your cherry picked list is mostly QBs from a different era.  Surprised Ferguson is not on this list.  Redo your homework with only QB stats from 2009 and on (current QB protection era).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I’m discussing the larger narrative around Josh’s turnovers, of which INT’s are only a piece of the puzzle.

you have proved that Josh isn’t that INT prone. You haven’t proved that he isn’t turnover prone. I think the latter is a much more interesting discussion. 

Yeah, it’s like only doing a baseball average and only counting strikeouts and not other outs. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Okay.

I think it's appropriate to list total fumbles as opposed to fumbles lost tbh

Once the ball is on the ground it's basically luck as to who recovers it

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

OP nicely written. Let's also not forget he has not missed many games so he has played many more games/snaps than others in the last 5 years. Also some of the worst INT guys suck and simply don't play that long and get benched.

I'm too tired to look it up but Josh has fumbled the ball a ton as well. Again he has more dropbacks and carries than probably any other QB during that time. But still numerically he is turning the ball over quite a bit. He cleaned up the fumbling quite a bit but it still has hurt him from time to time like Minn last year, Dolphins playoff game, and Jets this year. 

He has the longest consecutive games streak in the NFL and it’s not even close.  He also has a lot of TD’s so proportionally he’ll have some pics.  

Lastly, this guy single handedly has gotten us out of trouble more times than I can count.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Great point. Stat nerds use fumble recoveries as something that can regress (if you recovered a lot the previous season) or improve (if vice versa). Fumbles are completely fluky.

Accounting for pass attempts, sacks and running plays,  if you're going to put the ball in the QB's hands around 750 times per season,  you're going to have to put up with some turnovers.  I do think Allen's fumbles are an issue,  but the career average of 1 INT per 40+ pass attempts is definitely manageable as long as he's putting points on the board.  Matt Stafford led the league in INTs in 2021...the year they won the Super Bowl.  Even this season it's been manageable and the biggest issue usually hasn't been the two or three extra INTs he's thrown over the course of the season,  but that the offense was stalling out far too often in the final weeks with Ken Dorsey at OC.  That's not to say there's no room for improvement and that he shouldn't work to eliminate as many INTs as he can,  but it's not the end of the world. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChrisWatson#21 said:

What’s even more telling is the situations of his interceptions a couple have been deep shots like on 3rd & 20 which essentially were punts and one was on that hail mary end of half vs Jets.  

That is a very fair point and I never mind those especially when compared to the Eagles one. 

Just now, Brandon said:

Accounting for pass attempts, sacks and running plays,  if you're going to put the ball in the QB's hands around 750 times per season,  you're going to have to put up with some turnovers.  I do think Allen's fumbles are an issue,  but the career average of 1 INT per 40+ pass attempts is definitely manageable as long as he's putting points on the board.  Matt Stafford led the league in INTs in 2021...the year they won the Super Bowl.  Even this season it's been manageable and the biggest issue usually hasn't been the two or three extra INTs he's thrown over the course of the season,  but that the offense was stalling out far too often in the final weeks with Ken Dorsey at OC.  That's not to say there's no room for improvement and that he shouldn't work to eliminate as many INTs as he can,  but it's not the end of the world. 

Good post and it would be an interesting stat with weighed interceptions (like game situation, score, decision making - throwing into double coverage, or like the Hail Mary/ deep shot ones). 

we could make hundreds on it!

• Like (+1) 1

Aaron Rodgers 1.4%

Patrick Mahomes = 1.7%

Tom Brady = 1.8%

Drew Brees = 2.3%

Josh Allen = 2.4%

Matt Stafford = 2.4%

Joe Montana = 2.6%

Steve Young = 2.6%

Phillip Rivers = 2.6%

Peyton Manning = 2.7%

Cam Newton = 2.7%

Dan Marino = 3.0%

Troy Aikman = 3.0%

John Elway = 3.1%

Kurt Warner = 3.1%

Brett Favre = 3.3%

Warren Moon = 3.4%

Jim Kelly = 3.7%

the full list without selective editing. 

1 Aaron Rodgers 1.4% 

2 Jacoby Brissett 1.5%

3 Tyrod Taylor 1.6%

Patrick Mahomes 1.7% 

Justin Herbert 1.7%

Tom Brady 1.8%

Colin Kaepernick 1.8%

Russell Wilson 1.8% 

9 Dak Prescott 1.9% 

Derek Carr2.0% 

Joe Burrow2.0% 

Jared Goff2.0% 

Carson Wentz2.0% 

Sam Bradford2.1% 

Trevor Lawrence2.1% 

Kyler Murray2.1% 

Alex Smith2.1% 

Daniel Jones2.1% 

Neil O'Donnell2.1% 

Kirk Cousins2.1% 

Deshaun Watson2.2% 

Lamar Jackson2.2% 

Matt Ryan2.2% 

Donovan McNabb2.2% 

Case Keenum2.2% 

Nick Foles2.3% 

Jeff Garcia2.3%

Teddy Bridgewater2.3%2014-20236TM

Drew Brees2.3%2001-20202TM

Mark Brunell2.3%1994-20115TM

RankPlayerInt%YearsTm

Joe Flacco2.3%2008-20223TM

David Garrard 2.4% 

Brian Hoyer 2.4% 

Jason Campbell 2.4%

Matthew Stafford 2.4%

Ryan Tannehill 2.4%

Josh Allen 2.4%

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, it’s like only doing a baseball average and only counting strikeouts and not other outs. 

What part of fumbles play into interception rate on passes attempted vs interceptions thrown?  Still waiting for someone to answer that which is the topic of this thread despite the best efforts of some to change the topic to something else.  This was about Allens int % compared to other greats to see how often it really is.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

23 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

What’s even more telling is the situations of his interceptions a couple have been deep shots like on 3rd & 20 which essentially were punts and one was on that hail mary end of half vs Jets.  

It’s still an interception though. Not really a fan of “just think of it as an arm punt” NO, it’s an interception. You hardly ever see other QBs throw “arm punts.” The Hail Mary interception was a stupid throw the other week. As soon as the play broke down, he should’ve just ran for 15 yards and taken the game to half. If the narrative of him not being interception prone is going to go away, then stop with the unnecessary interceptions 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

1 Aaron Rodgers 1.4% 

2 Jacoby Brissett 1.5%

3 Tyrod Taylor 1.6%

Patrick Mahomes 1.7% 

Justin Herbert 1.7%

Tom Brady 1.8%

Colin Kaepernick 1.8%

Russell Wilson 1.8% 

9 Dak Prescott 1.9% 

Derek Carr2.0% 

Joe Burrow2.0% 

Jared Goff2.0% 

Carson Wentz2.0% 

Sam Bradford2.1% 

Trevor Lawrence2.1% 

Kyler Murray2.1% 

Alex Smith2.1% 

Daniel Jones2.1% 

Neil O'Donnell2.1% 

Kirk Cousins2.1% 

Deshaun Watson2.2% 

Lamar Jackson2.2% 

Matt Ryan2.2% 

Donovan McNabb2.2% 

Case Keenum2.2% 

Nick Foles2.3% 

Jeff Garcia2.3%

RankPlayerInt%YearsTm

David Garrard 2.4% 

Brian Hoyer 2.4% 

Jason Campbell 2.4%

Matthew Stafford 2.4%

Ryan Tannehill 2.4%

Josh Allen 2.4%

LMAO - so much for blocking me 

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Doesn’t matter when you’re constantly turning the ball over.  Its impossible to stay consistent and when your not consistent you lose football games. Just like Sunday. Josh interception vs. Philly completely changed the momentum of the game. Philly got the lead and gained confidence. 

Doesn't matter?  That he leads the league in TD's?

Well, we disagree.

57 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Very few yes. But Minnesota last year and Jets this yesr were all on him.

Currently discussed that in another thread who I personally feel the blame of that game is on. I also didn’t dispute there have been games where his turnovers have aided in the reason for us losing but with the game on the absolute line he rarely turns it over to end the game was the point. I’m sure a vast majority of Bills fans are comfortable with Josh driving for the game winner. 

49 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Curious as to the percentage of fumbles lost is of him as a runner or a strip sack…

When the guy has been the only viable rusher on the team for several years fumbles are bound to happen.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What part of fumbles play into interception rate on passes attempted vs interceptions thrown?  Still waiting for someone to answer that which is the topic of this thread despite the best efforts of some to change the topic to something else.  This was about Allens int % compared to other greats to see how often it really is.  

What’s the purpose of this exercise? Turnovers hurt a team’s chances of winning. Allen has a negative narrative of being a qb that, while great, is prone to mistakes and turning the ball over. So I don’t get your insistence that fumbles should not count. Why? Because it bolster the case against Allen? I doubt Allen cares. I’m sure he and the team recognize this is an issue and are working on solutions to get them lowered. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean I guess you proved your point of the thread. Allen has never led the nfl in ints. Myself and others think it would be more interesting to include all ints and fumbles because the stat is Allen leads in turnovers since he entered the nfl.

Everyone knows Allen is awesome. But why are so many soccer moms about him? Just feel like this was misleading and deflecting of the point that Allen has some turnover issues. He is making $45 million. Hes allowed to be held to a really high standard.

50 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I get that. I'm kinda torn on it because a mishandled snap and basically an automatic loss of down happens a lot more than a true fumble that is a mad scramble.

18 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

1 Aaron Rodgers 1.4% 

2 Jacoby Brissett 1.5%

3 Tyrod Taylor 1.6%

Patrick Mahomes 1.7% 

Justin Herbert 1.7%

Tom Brady 1.8%

Colin Kaepernick 1.8%

Russell Wilson 1.8% 

9 Dak Prescott 1.9% 

Derek Carr2.0% 

Joe Burrow2.0% 

Jared Goff2.0% 

Carson Wentz2.0% 

Sam Bradford2.1% 

Trevor Lawrence2.1% 

Kyler Murray2.1% 

Alex Smith2.1% 

Daniel Jones2.1% 

Neil O'Donnell2.1% 

Kirk Cousins2.1% 

Deshaun Watson2.2% 

Lamar Jackson2.2% 

Matt Ryan2.2% 

Donovan McNabb2.2% 

Case Keenum2.2% 

Nick Foles2.3% 

Jeff Garcia2.3%

RankPlayerInt%YearsTm

David Garrard 2.4% 

Brian Hoyer 2.4% 

Jason Campbell 2.4%

Matthew Stafford 2.4%

Ryan Tannehill 2.4%

Josh Allen 2.4%

Hysterical lol. @Alphadawg7 you dog! Josh worse than Daniel Jones, Sammy Bradford and Neil "the Wheel" O'Donnell?

You switched the samples. And the pathology reports! You kill Lentz, too?! Huh?! Did you?!

12 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Currently discussed that in another thread who I personally feel the blame of that game is on. I also didn’t dispute there have been games where his turnovers have aided in the reason for us losing but with the game on the absolute line he rarely turns it over to end the game was the point. I’m sure a vast majority of Bills fans are comfortable with Josh driving for the game winner. 

Curious as to the percentage of fumbles lost is of him as a runner or a strip sack…

When the guy has been the only viable rusher on the team for several years fumbles are bound to happen.

Sure, which is why if you're gonna include his rushing TD's, then include his fumbles.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.