McD on late game decisions - "Hindsight is always 20/20"

HomeskillitMoorman

The 20/20 is we should have trusted our eyes after 13 seconds and not wasted more time. These top players don’t stay great forever and we are going to lose Diggs. And truthfully I don’t even blame him. If McDermott couldn’t win that game with the lead and 13 ***** seconds left, he’s never going to. You aren’t going ti have 30 point leads against the good teams in the playoffs. We almost lost the colts game and the dolphins 3rd string QB playoff game. This guy isn’t it. Move on. Stop wasting everyone’s time. We know it’s over. This is who he is.

Thank you very much for ending the drought. That’s not sarcasm. I truly appreciate it and I’ll always have love for the guy for fixing the mess he walked into. But we have bigger places to go and he isn’t going to be the one that takes us there. Please, please stop wasting years.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

My kid went to football camp with his son.    He happened to walk up and stand next to me while the kids were doing drills.   I chatted with him for a few minutes.  Didnt find him unapproachable or intense.  Then again I wasnt asking him for an autograph, a picture, or why he doesnt win games in overtime.  Tend to find if you treat people like human beings there isnt an issue.

I would never, ever bother anyone for an autograph.  Never.  And I didn’t want/need/attempt/care to talk to him.  But I have seen him around town and he strikes me as a guy who likes to be left alone, which is totally fine.  (I’m the same way, for what it’s worth.   I don’t want to be bothered with chit chat about my job or the nonsense of the day at my kids’ practices.)

• Like (+1) 1

I think listening to Locked on Bills latest explanation of why McD sucks would be good.  I defended McD for the past couple years.  I am done. 

If this guy really felt hind sight is 20/20 he would have realized he had 20 seconds, 2 TOs and JA to win the ***** game.  Instead he opted to go into another overtime game where he is 0-6. 

Edited by nedboy7

27 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The 20/20 is we should have trusted our eyes after 13 seconds and not wasted more time. These top players don’t stay great forever and we are going to lose Diggs. And truthfully I don’t even blame him. If McDermott couldn’t win that game with the lead and 13 ***** seconds left, he’s never going to. You aren’t going ti have 30 point leads against the good teams in the playoffs. We almost lost the colts game and the dolphins 3rd string QB playoff game. This guy isn’t it. Move on. Stop wasting everyone’s time. We know it’s over. This is who he is.

Thank you very much for ending the drought. That’s not sarcasm. I truly appreciate it and I’ll always have love for the guy for fixing the mess he walked into. But we have bigger places to go and he isn’t going ti be the one that takes us there. Please, please stop wasting years.

He doubled down this year with more last minute losses than most teams have in many seasons let alone 2/3rds of one  We still got 5 more games for him to add to his total of colossal let downs

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Did he really say that? lol

He was dumb to throw away a timeout to "ice" the kicker.

I wouldnt have played for OT with 20 secs and a timeout....but I get why he did.

We should have had 2 timeouts and 20 seconds and he would have gone for the win. 

If youre gonna play for OT and take it to OT.....at least dont be that soft on defense....my god. Pathetic mentality. 

You make some good points what is trouble some is that he didn’t think he would make the kick

gusrantee it so they packed it in thinking it was over and didn’t plan for 20 more seconds

they were going to knee I’d he missed it - so they knees when he didn’t which is just bad coaching and planning 

The issue with this response as others have already stated is that he keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over and over again.  If I have to watch his soft conservative defense play 10 yards off the receivers to the ruin of another josh epic performance I may just stop watching the games all together.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Is he?

Boy fan anger over this latest loss is near an all time high.  I already experienced my max frustration after the Mac Jones career day he had versus us a few weeks ago, I have since been talked off the ledge.

I have to let go of some of the emotion by reminding myself that it is a game being played for entertainment, and I’m not even playing in it. I have more important things to take so intensely and personally. Yeah, it sucks, and something will happen (or not). I just hope we realize this team’s potential. 

For now, I have a college basketball team that is going to get a little more of my focus. There are other things out there. I’ve been at this too long to let it make me crazy. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I have to let go of some of the emotion by reminding myself that it is a game being played for entertainment, and I’m not even playing in it. I have more important things to take so intensely and personally. Yeah, it sucks, and something will happen (or not). I just hope we realize this team’s potential. 

For now, I have a college basketball team that is going to get a little more of my focus. There are other things out there. I’ve been at this too long to let it make me crazy. 

We'll revisit thoughts once we have another off season to go through and Sean is still here to screw us in 2024

McD can still save his job: lead the team to the playoffs. Anything but that and he should go. 

Thing is, before that happens, Bills have to have a clear idea of a few available candidates to replace him!  Too many people just want to fire the guy, without thinking of the next step(s).

BTW the team played hard still, so the "lost the locker room" narrative crap has got to go.  But he is the opposite of clutch.

• Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

McD can still save his job: lead the team to the playoffs. Anything but that and he should go. 

Thing is, before that happens, Bills have to have a clear idea of a few available candidates to replace him!  Too many people just want to fire the guy, without thinking of the next step(s).

BTW the team played hard still, so the "lost the locker room" narrative crap has got to go.  But he is the opposite of clutch.

No.  I'd rather miss the playoffs this year if it means getting rid of him.  He is killing Allen's prime years

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sean-mcdermott-on-questioning-late-game-decisions-hindsight-is-always-20-20

This guy does not get it. At all. 

No, it's not hindsight. It's being prepared for late game situations. He's not prepared for them after 7 years on the top job and after 22 years of coaching in the NFL. 

I have never seen anyone take on less accountability than this clown. Who will the next scapegoat be? 

I'm not sure at this point who I dislike more, McD the coach or McD the human being. 

The GM for providing below average or over the hill players.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

He doesn't think well on his feet in pressure situations.  That's why he uses the timeouts.  I don't think it's a philosophy or strategy or anything.  He just doesn't trust himself and his players to make the right call or play under pressure.  We all know people like this (or we may even be that guy).  That's why you see these asinine late game timeouts that seemingly help the opposition more than us, and see a future HOF quarterback with 350 yards and 4 TDs already under his belt kneeling out the clock with 20 seconds and 1 time out in a MUST WIN GAME.  This panicked loser mentality undoubtedly rubs off on the players. 

Can you imagine Allen and these guys under a truly confident, decisive and ballsy leader? 

like Harbaugh? Plus the NFL looks the other way when teams “bend” the rules.

Edited by ControllerOfPlanetX

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Terry Pegula is the only one who can fix this. I doubt anything happens now but if the Bills miss the playoffs, then he has to do something. 

he has to do something if we don't at LEAST make the AFC Championship game, and play well with good coaching.  Otherwise, we have still backslid and are wasting Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1

Hindsight might be 20/20 but foresight is necessary and lacking from the coach's thinking and actions.

Say you think taking on an MMA fighter in a bar brawl is a good idea.  What's more important?  Thinking it through using foresight and dismissing the idea or using hindsight waking up in the hospital 3 days later?

If our HC would just say I made a mistake or error and in the future I will correct it and make a  better decision that's something I'd respect.  But dodging accountability while holding everyone else accountable isn't good leadership.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I think the real reason he didnt push the 20 seconds there for a FG was because he was terrified of an Allen pick. I think that's a terrible reason NOT to try to win , but it's certainly a reason. 

I hate to say that when I thought we were going for it (short lived as it was) I assumed Allen would likely throw an Int there. Honestly how could I not?  He's thrown at least 1 in the last 7 games in a row  I believe. That all being said, I was so hoping they'd go for it and was pissed when they lined up to kneel it down. 

3 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sean-mcdermott-on-questioning-late-game-decisions-hindsight-is-always-20-20

No, it's not hindsight. It's being prepared for late game situations. He's not prepared for them after 7 years on the top job and after 22 years of coaching in the NFL. 

I have never seen anyone take on less accountability than this clown. Who will the next scapegoat be? 

I'm not sure at this point who I dislike more, McD the coach or McD the human being. 

"The Bills had an opportunity to get into range for a game-winning field goal in regulation, but McDermott said he worried about Allen taking a sack, and didn’t know if 20 seconds would be enough time."

WOW.  HIS EXCUSE does not even make sense.  He was worried about Allen taking a sack?  I get blaming the weather, inteception, pick 6 as an excuse (don't agree with it), but a sack?  What is the negative of that.  Nothing.  McWorried should be sacked.  

3 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I honestly don’t want to hear anymore excuses from this guy. He prob cost us a chance at a sb in 21 and has been on a regression ever since. Enough is enough with his snide excuses 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.