James Cook and drops

lifefan

3 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Bench Cook for a mistake, or put him right back in to atone for it. 

Either way, if another player does something stupid, treat them the same way. Be consistent, McDermott! 

Don't make this into a weird fixation on punishing your whipping boy. 

It's laughable if he thinks this sends any good message to the team.

Completely agree with this. Phillips does dumb thing after dumb thing and is right back out there.  Same with Siran Neal, a gunner who makes no plays but gets plenty of 15+ yard field position flipping penalties.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Completely agree with this. Phillips does dumb thing after dumb thing and is right back out there.  Same with Siran Neal, a gunner who makes no plays but gets plenty of 15+ yard field position flipping penalties.  

Exactly. And yet he never does this with guys on D or ST. He has a bone to pick with offensive guys. It's effing sanctimonius. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Tell that to Christian McCaffrey....he would've caught that for us :cry:

i was 100% all in on getting him. then convinced myself once it was not going to happen that it was too rich for my blood. i kick myself now that i told myself it wasn't worth it.

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Allen leaves a disturbing amount of points on the board.  He’s so talented that he overcomes a lot of that.  But that pass has to be completed to Davis.  80% of starting QB’s complete that pass and win the game. The 3 straight incompletions after 1st down at the philly 31 leading g to the Bass missed FG was also killer.  And the turnovers are usually killer too.  McDermott needs to go but Josh has to play better to win a championship.  

Have you watched any NFL games this year?  80% of QBs don’t make that play, nor are they making really ANY plays of significance.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Cook didn't show up yesterday.  He ran to avoid contact, rather than work for a first down, on one of his first runs from scrimmage.  Cook had 16 carries yesterday.  2.7 Yards per carry.  The Bills put up 34 points on Josh Allen's back. More playing time for Cook would not have changed the 34 point performance.   The defense folded in the fourth quarter. People are over complicating things. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

Have you watched any NFL games this year?  80% of QBs don’t make that play, nor are they making really ANY plays of significance.  

I don’t see any teams we play miss wide open Receivers in end zone in critical spots.  Gabe probably ran the wrong route but I don’t see other NFL teams doing that.  Our win probabilities vs actual results is probably bottom of the League.  

1 hour ago, boyst said:

running backs are not receivers. short of larry centers no rb was specifically the receiving threat primarily.

as bizkut said - thats why he is a rb.

That was a perfectly thrown ball, he wasn't touched and hit hit him in both hands. It wasnt a rocket ball either. No excuses, he MUST catch that ball my friend. He has to.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Honestly I was more upset at him for this play

2nd & 7 at PHI 43

(8:44 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass short right to J.Cook pushed ob at PHI 37 for 6 yards (H.Reddick).

He caught the ball in the flat and should've had an easy first down, but ducked out of bounds to avoid contact and fell a yard short of the marker. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

We have too many of those guys on the roster to ever win a championship.  If we’re being honest, our QB is included in that group but is too talented to ever give up on.  

Romo kept talking about how Coach Siriana likes players who come from winning programs in college.  I hate that the Bills have a losing mentality now.  We ALL KNEW that the Bills were going to lose even when we had a 3 point lead near the end of the game.  Like my dad said "they always manage to ***** defeat from the jaws of victory" I dont know how you change that mindset but as long as it's there, the Bills will not go anywhere

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Romo kept talking about how Coach Siriana likes players who come from winning programs in college.  I hate that the Bills have a losing mentality now.  We ALL KNEW that the Bills were going to lose even when we had a 3 point lead near the end of the game.  Like my dad said "they always manage to ***** defeat from the jaws of victory" I dont know how you change that mindset but as long as it's there, the Bills will not go anywhere

Gotta start with the head coach who routinely mismanages end of game situations and keeps bringing back the same defensive and special teams players who consistently come up small in big situations. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I mean. Cook catches that easy ball and he saves us from most of the whining about refs.

🤦‍♂️

Is that how you think this works? You give the bills a free touchdown in the first quarter and the rest of the game follows exactly the same? Have you ever seen back to the future?

• Haha (+1) 2

The whole Cook pick is a joke. Like we don't know what a championship rusher looks like. He's like the fast athletic wrestler that you know is fun to watch but can never become champion of the world. He's meant to appeal to fans like C Biscuit and fantasy nerds who get aggravated when he only plays a 3rd of the game.  But to draft him so high every fan should make Beane know we see the horse ***** of the sellection.

Edited by 1onemangang7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/27/2023 at 8:54 AM, boyst said:

running backs are not receivers. short of larry centers no rb was specifically the receiving threat primarily.

as bizkut said - thats why he is a rb.

Cook was drafted BECAUSE of his receiving skills.  That's what made him attractive to the Bills.  

And he catches the ball pretty well.  

And no one's talking about the rain.  That was tough weather to play football in.  

50 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Cook was drafted BECAUSE of his receiving skills.  That's what made him attractive to the Bills.  

And he catches the ball pretty well.  

And no one's talking about the rain.  That was tough weather to play football in.  

That really shows ya how much of a reach he was. Yet they make him rb1. A piece, that they didn't need. Elam then Cook.. after 13 seconds. Suicide

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.