Chance of Playoffs now, according to NYT simulator

Ray Stonada

2 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Somebody give me updated odds to put in my veins

Up to 39% in the NYT simulator. Can get it up to 72% with favorable results the next week.

Week 14

TEN over MIA

Week15

MIN over CIN

CHI over CLE

DET over DEN

TEN over HOU

NYJ over MIA

BUF over DAL

With no results other than a Bills win next week we are up to 60%.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Up to 39% in the NYT simulator. Can get it up to 72% with favorable results the next week.

Week 14

TEN over MIA

Week15

MIN over CIN

CHI over CLE

DET over DEN

TEN over HOU

NYJ over MIA

BUF over DAL

With no results other than a Bills win next week we are up to 60%.

Some of these games will go in our favor.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, schoolhouserock said:

Yes! Especially BUF over DAL, right? …RIGHT?!

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're ambushing Dak on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

We always get the breaks playing Dallas at home in a big game 

jump fail fails GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

41 minutes ago, chongli said:

Well, except in 2007 when we played them at home on MNF and lost 25-24 in the last few seconds. Heartbreaker!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200710080buf.htm

e8f2b777c0afd2126740f090f3c05b22_640x640

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Somebody give me updated odds to put in my veins

Overall odds go up 14% to about 35% right now. A Tennessee win over Miami tonight will increase that another 2%

A 3-1 finish (which IMO feel is most likely) has about a 70% chance to get in.

df76oR2.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, chongli said:

Well, except in 2007 when we played them at home on MNF and lost 25-24 in the last few seconds. Heartbreaker!

Tony Romo throws 5 picks! And... God blesses us with Trent-a-tive Edwards @ Qb! 😕😞 

• Haha (+1) 1

I've been playing with the ESPN playoff simulator, and it's still a very tough road ahead for the Bills.

I still can't figure out a realistic way to make the playoffs, unless we win-out and finish 11-6.

Miami's next two games are against the Titans and Jets.  They should easily defeat both.  But if they lose to Dallas and Baltimore after that, they would be looking at an 11-5 record going into the final week.  So there is still a possible road to the AFC East title.... but only if the Bills finish the season undefeated.

Based on tie-breakers for the Wild Card, the Bills are pretty much dead-last.  Which is why (even after beating the Chiefs and a couple games going our way this week), we still sit at a terrible #11 in seeding.  If we can win-out, all those teams in competition with us only need to lose 7 games.  If we drop even one close game along the way, we need the others to lose 8.  And that could get very tricky.

13 hours ago, chongli said:

hey, thanks for the reminder, really needed that

>_>

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

I've been playing with the ESPN playoff simulator, and it's still a very tough road ahead for the Bills.

I still can't figure out a realistic way to make the playoffs, unless we win-out and finish 11-6.

Miami's next two games are against the Titans and Jets.  They should easily defeat both.  But if they lose to Dallas and Baltimore after that, they would be looking at an 11-5 record going into the final week.  So there is still a possible road to the AFC East title.... but only if the Bills finish the season undefeated.

Based on tie-breakers for the Wild Card, the Bills are pretty much dead-last.  Which is why (even after beating the Chiefs and a couple games going our way this week), we still sit at a terrible #11 in seeding.  If we can win-out, all those teams in competition with us only need to lose 7 games.  If we drop even one close game along the way, we need the others to lose 8.  And that could get very tricky.

Wins over Chargers, Pats, Fins and L vs. cowboys gets us to 70% playoff odds with 10-7 record and 7-5 in the conference. I think finals wildcards end up being Browns, Broncos/Chiefs(with other winning division), and Bills being last wildcard. I don’t think Steelers, colts, Bengals  or Texans make it in with their QB situations and all their injuries. Just my 2 cents 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.