We're Going To The Playoffs. (edit: Updated - Super Bowl)

Doc Brown

I'd like to believe that.  It's certainly possible.  I just don't right now.  This game hit me hard.  I mean it's really difficult to lose a game like this that the team was in strong position to win and McD does it every damn time.  This is why I believe he needs to go and the fact that we have to retool next season is a good time for it to happen so a new coach can build in his vision.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'd like to believe that.  It's certainly possible.  I just don't right now.  This game hit me hard.  I mean it's really difficult to lose a game like this that the team was in strong position to win and McD does it every damn time.  This is why I believe he needs to go and the fact that we have to retool next season is a good time for it to happen so a new coach can build in his vision.

If we beat KC our heads will start to spin and think it's possible.  Cowboys aren't the same team on the road.  I don't see Allen losing a prime time game in a dome against a Charger team that is even worse than us in terms of late game management.  The Patriots will be like our second meeting with the Jets.  The Dolphins game will be a challenge but we may have their number mentally.  The Bills team and fans have been through the wringer this year and winning out will just make it that much sweeter.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If we beat KC our heads will start to spin and think it's possible.  Cowboys aren't the same team on the road.  I don't see Allen losing a prime time game in a dome against a Charger team that is even worse than us in terms of late game management.  The Patriots will be like our second meeting with the Jets.  The Dolphins game will be a challenge but we may have their number mentally.  The Bills team and fans have been through the wringer this year and winning out will just make it that much sweeter.

Id love for that to happen and I am not even saying it can't.  I just need to see it.  I need to see McD stop blowing wins that are difficult to blow.  I know we CAN beat all those teams remaining, but at this point I don't believe we will.  I will still be here cheering for it though.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Ladifrickinda.  I refuse to have to pick before 10:30 like those other plebs.  We're going to the playoffs.

I don’t see it happening. L, L, W, W, ___

Gotta beat Miami to get to 9-8, prolly 7-10. Team seems like they are done. Basswood just can’t kick, and Poyer / Hyde older and cooked.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Basically it's pretty simple.  If you just assume the Bills win VS the Chargers and Patriots (these SHOULD be wins!)

Then you need to go 3-0 :

@ KC

VS the Cowboys

@ Miami

That's a tall task.  Winning 2/3 of those ....probalby pretty realistic to expect...all 3?  ....rough road ahead.

If you LOSE 1 game out of any of these last 5, and finish 10-7  ...the tiebreakers are BRUTAL.  You guys would need all kinds of help to be a 10-7 playoff team.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

If you LOSE 1 game out of any of these last 5, and finish 10-7  ...the tiebreakers are BRUTAL.  You guys would need all kinds of help to be a 10-7 playoff team.

I've been trying to tell people this since the Broncos game, but some of them just don't want to believe it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Basically it's pretty simple.  If you just assume the Bills win VS the Chargers and Patriots (these SHOULD be wins!)

Then you need to go 3-0 :

@ KC

VS the Cowboys

@ Miami

That's a tall task.  Winning 2/3 of those ....probalby pretty realistic to expect...all 3?  ....rough road ahead.

Tall task but it's not like the Bills are foreign to winning streaks in the regular season under McDermott.  I wouldn't have made this thread if I hadn't seen them do it before.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Mark it down right now.  This team is going to the playoffs.  We're going to run the table and finish 11-6.  Too much adversity has hit this team over the last four years for it not to happen.  The negativity they'll hear the next two weeks will spring this team like it did in 2021 in a very similar game in Tampa.  It's always darkest before the dawn.

We're winning a Lombardi.. 

Bass, our elite kicker , has a chip shot blocked and shanked a 40 yarder, killed us but overall we were overall superior to the 10 1 Eagles on the road vs the zebras as well. 

Allen and the O look great with Brady. D looked great for majority of game. No Alpha team this year, when we beat the brakes off KC, everyone will be back on board. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Mark it down right now.  This team is going to the playoffs.  We're going to run the table and finish 11-6.  Too much adversity has hit this team over the last four years for it not to happen.  The negativity they'll hear the next two weeks will spring this team like it did in 2021 in a very similar game in Tampa.  It's always darkest before the dawn.

Nope

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

Not happening.

Last night was a demoralizing loss. One that they will not bounce back from.

Not with that attitude.  The Bills have had many demoralizing regular season losses under McDermott (Hail Murray, Wind Game, Sun Game, Minnesota home game last year, Tampa game in OT, Titans MNF slip, etc.).  They came back EVERY time.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Dude what exactly did McD do wrong in this game? Specifically.. ?

The O and D were superior imo. As i said, his elite kicker leaves 6 on the board and the refs screwed us early especially, probably leaving more points lost. 

Dude had our team ready to go in a tough environment. 

He has lost 1 game in the last 30 by more than 1 score. Living near nyc, Giants/Jets fans would kill to have this team, even at 6-6.

We were 7-6 in 21 and could've won it all. 

He'll have us hungry for a mediocre KC team

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Not with that attitude.  The Bills have had many demoralizing regular season losses under McDermott (Hail Murray, Wind Game, Sun Game, Tampa game in OT, Titans MNF slip, etc.).  They came back EVERY time.

6-6 with a bye week. Good chance to go on vacation and consider how they want to finish. Game in KC should be fun as Sneed is very handsy on a level that Sauce Gardener is envious of. Luckily Diggs is great at not letting Spags press man him out of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills should probably try to horse collar tackle every QB early, hold WRs jerseys and bring back Elam to do it as he’s good at that. Also anre there any street FA DEs specializing in body slams and MMA? Apparently you can do that too. All we need to do is kill Mahomes, Dak, Herbert, Belichick and Tua. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Seriously?

How about allow yet ANOTHER team to drive the field on his defense at the end of regulation and in OT when everything is on the line? 

How about his defense coughing up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter?

How about giving up 30 points in Philadelphia’s last 6 drives?

How about playing his DB’s 8 yards off the LOS on a 3rd and 3 in OT?

How about wasting a timeout trying to ice a kicker on a 59 yard FG when that timeout could have been better spent attempting to get back into FG range yourself if the Philly kicker makes that 59 yard FG?

How about kneeling on the ball with a chance to get into FG range when you have Josh Allen as your QB?

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

The O and D were superior imo. As i said, his elite kicker leaves 6 on the board and the refs screwed us early especially, probably leaving more points lost. 

Dude had our team ready to go in a tough environment. 

He has lost 1 game in the last 30 by more than 1 score. Living near nyc, Giants/Jets fans would kill to have this team, even at 6-6.

We were 7-6 in 21 and could've won it all. 

He'll have us hungry for a mediocre KC team

He blows the games that the team is in strong position to win.  This game was no different than 13 seconds game.  His mistakes in the game were thinking he could kill all 7+ minutes in the last TD drive.  If he instead scored faster instead of trying to burn all that clock, the offense could have gotten the ball back with more than 20 seconds and killed clock, kicked a FG and won in regulation. 

His next mistake was using a timeout to "ice a kicker."  Nobody ice's a kicker anymore.  Instead could have had 2 timeouts, 20 seconds, and Josh freakin Allen to win a football game in regulation.  His next mistake was still kneeling the ball with Josh freaking Allen and a timeout. 

The guy doesn't play to win.  He plays to not lose and most of the time he has lost anyways.  How many 13 sec games is this guy going to keep losing?  He is a defensive head coach in an offensive league and his defense has blown the lead every time this year accept the Giants game.  Technically that Giants game should have been a loss as well.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He blows the games that the team is in strong position to win.  This game was no different than 13 seconds game.  His mistakes in the game were thinking he could kill all 7+ minutes in the last TD drive.  If he instead scored faster instead of trying to burn all that clock, the offense could have gotten the ball back with more than 20 seconds and killed clock, kicked a FG and won in regulation. 

His next mistake was using a timeout to "ice a kicker."  Nobody ice's a kicker anymore.  Instead could have had 2 timeouts, 20 seconds, and Josh freakin Allen to win a football game in regulation.  His next mistake was still kneeling the ball with Josh freaking Allen and a timeout. 

The guy doesn't play to win.  He plays to not lose and most of the time he has lost anyways.  How many 13 sec games is this guy going to keep losing?  He is a defensive head coach in an offensive league and his defense has blown the lead every time this year accept the Giants game.  Technically that Giants game should have been a loss as well.

Eh, the way we scored in the 4th doesn't bother me , you really think Brady is getting told to not score as quickly as possible? We were running all over them. 

The kicker timeout is debatable.  Guess he wanted to ensure only 11 guys on the field lol but if he doesn't take the t.o , there is likely 10 secs or less on clock, so the Allen kneeling point is baseless and Allen had a brutal int in the 4th qtr as well. 

I do agree about the D late in games, but if Bass doesn't miss 2 FGs and Elliot doesn’t make a miraculous fg, Philly is saying the same things and we're celebrating a great win against the #1 team on the road. 

No coach is perfect but all i know is week in and out McD has this team ready, considering they have 1 , 1 score loss in 30 something games. 

Players need to be held accountable 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

The kicker timeout is debatable.  Guess he wanted to ensure only 11 guys on the field lol but if he doesn't take the t.o , there is likely 10 secs or less on clock, so the Allen kneeling point is baseless and Allen had a brutal int in the 4th qtr as well. 

It was a stopped clock.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Lol put down the needle 

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

It was a stopped clock.

Oh damn.

I like it even more then. Why not ice the kicker there, stay in the moment, make the kicker think about a 60 yarder in pouring rain all day. Not saving a t.o with 20 seconds left , although we should've attempted something even with 1 t.o, that t.o is far from what determined this game. Allen did throw a bad int just 2 possessions earlier. 

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Oh damn.

I like it even more then. Why not ice the kicker there, stay in the moment, make the kicker think about a 60 yarder in pouring rain all day. Not saving a t.o with 20 seconds left , although we should've attempted something even with 1 t.o, that t.o is far from what determined this game. Allen did throw a bad int just 2 possessions earlier. 

Minor difference circumstances in a dome against a poor defense but this is why...

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Oh damn.

Can you even remember the last time a kicker was "iced?"  That ***** doesn't work.  Who cares if Allen threw an int?  He also threw 2 TDs and ran for 2 more. Allen was the reason we were winning that game.  You let your elite QB be an elite QB.  It was a bad call all around.  and yes, McD does tell the offense to burn clock.  Thats why while on offense that drive McD had the playcard over his mouth talking.  Why would he need to hide his mouth while we are on offense.  Thats McD's call whether to be aggressive or to be conservative and try and burn clock.  Thats exactly what happened.

How many games have we lost like this?  The dude is not good enough.  I am tired of excuses.  Eventually it's a pattern.  That pattern is apparent.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Lol

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Minor difference circumstances in a dome against a poor defense but this is why...

I obviously remember this but I'd say a bit more than minor circumstances,  considering it was pouring rain and both teams were limited on big plays all day and our kicker was very unlikely to make a very long FG. 

I personally don't mind not pushing the ball there.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I just posted the same thing an hour before you did.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.