Gabe Davis Miscommunication Plays this season

Virgil

I don’t know if this can be statistically looked up, but how many times this season has there been an incorrect route run, where Josh throws the ball to nowhere, and Gabe was the intended receiver.   

I don’t care about the 13 second game or how many yards and TD he has.  On this one topic, is it disproportionately Gabe Davis vs everyone else?  

It definitely feels that way 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don’t know if this can be statistically looked up, but how many times this season has there been an incorrect route run, where Josh throws the ball to nowhere, and Gabe was the intended receiver.   

I don’t care about the 13 second game or how many yards and TD he has.  On this one topic, is it disproportionately Gabe Davis vs everyone else?  

At least once per game, except maybe last week when he didn't have a target.

Unreliable WR's are bad. Trent Sherfield and Gabe aren't it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah he is a dumb player, I don't know a more respectful way to say it.

If we had signed DeAndre Hopkins in the offseason I think we would have a minimum of 3 more wins right now. Brandon Beane completely failed his franchise's biggest investment.

Yeah because Allen never makes dumb plays. Pretty messed up to call a guy dumb when you have no idea who was at fault. Davis was wide open and the d back was playing inside. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yeah despite today’s stat line, it’s been a recurring theme this year that throwing to Gabe results in something negative happening far too often. 

Not sure what the criteria is for McD’s doghouse but Davis can go ahead and find himself there any time now, please .

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Just stop.  The WR has to make a call in route, and the QB has to make a call.  It could be either.

Yes, it could be on Josh.  But again, wouldn’t it be happening more with other receivers?  Why is it consistently Gabe on the other end?

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah because Allen never makes dumb plays. Pretty messed up to call a guy dumb when you have no idea who was at fault. Davis was wide open and the d back was playing inside. 

Davis was at fault, he knew it and even reacted to his own mistake on the sideline.  It’s also why so many players went to console him.  It’s not a question of who was on fault 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

At least once per game, except maybe last week when he didn't have a target.

Unreliable WR's are bad. Trent Sherfield and Gabe aren't it.

They bubble over to TS was open he just didn’t know the play. The GD OT throw hard to say.. obviously not on same page

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Just stop.  The WR has to make a call in route, and the QB has to make a call.  It could be either.

I have trouble seeing how Gabe is not to blame on that ot play specifically…if you beat your man quick like that you shouldn’t be running a corner route to bring the sideline into play 

not sure about any of the others though 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Say what you want about Gabes athletic talent.

But the corner was playing inside leverage on that last pass.  

All out blitz or not, he ran the correct route.  

Josh didn't have time to see the corner route was the correct read.  simple as that.

Thats not on Gabe though.  Perhaps we.could have ran a designed play, instead of option route, but that's hindsight.  Joe Brady did a very solid job

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Diggs had a conversation with Davis at the end of the game.  Looks like he was telling him what he should have done instead of what he did.  They are making the same reads but they not on the same sheet.

I’m not sure he’s telling him he’s wrong .. but he and Josh were not on same page.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen is the offense. Yeah he is going to make mistakes but the plays he makes are the only reason we do anything on offense. What is Gabe's excuse? He disappears for long stretches of games, and then when his number is called in crunch time he makes a game ending mistake.

And get outta here with questioning who's to blame. Romo said it all. We saw Diggs talking to Davis about it on the sidelines. We saw Davis slam his helmet down. Everybody knew he went the wrong way.

Enough is enough. Clean house and get some people in the building that understand how to build the team around Josh. We are wasting the best years of his career! It makes me sick.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.