***** Icing the Kicker

Kwai San

31 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Yet again McClappy screws us again!!!!

Absolutely brutal. Why the heck do you do that when he's got a 60 yarder. Make him kick it in a rush.

Idiotic. A fireable offense, in my opinion, especially after he due the exact same thing vs the Broncos just 2 weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MattM said:

Absolutely brutal. Why the heck do you do that when he's got a 60 yarder. Make him kick it in a rush.

Idiotic. A fireable offense, in my opinion, especially after he due the exact same thing vs the Broncos just 2 weeks ago.

How about knocking the ball loose on the third down play.  Well short of the first down to keep the clock running.  They would have really needed to rush the kick.  Stop clock let’s them settle some the we call a time out to give the kicker a few more swipes on the sideline in preparation.  

13 minutes ago, MattM said:

The idiot coaches need extra time to count to 11. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, since79 said:

How about knocking the ball loose on the third down play.  Well short of the first down to keep the clock running.  They would have really needed to rush the kick.  Stop clock let’s them settle some the we call a time out to give the kicker a few more swipes on the sideline in preparation.  

Thats one of the first times in the game  (and one of the few times this season) where our pass defense did that on a pass despite several possible chances and of course it was the best outcome for Philly! Why because even when we succeed we fail ! because we are the Bills!

In this situation, he should've been thinking ahead to save the timeout for the final 20 seconds. I don't know the exact numbers, but I imagine in most instances the opposing coach will call a TO to ice the kicker, regardless of the fact I don't think statistics bear out its effectiveness.

4 minutes ago, Punch said:

In this situation, he should've been thinking ahead to save the timeout for the final 20 seconds. I don't know the exact numbers, but I imagine in most instances the opposing coach will call a TO to ice the kicker, regardless of the fact I don't think statistics bear out its effectiveness.

While it can , rarely, make sense, not here. Not when they have to rush to make a 59 yarder in the rain! Don't give them time to settle down. WTF! Not rocket science here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Yet again McClappy screws us again!!!!

It's a joke of a tactic that never works in the NFL, but it's all McDermott's got.  For him, it passes as high level strategery, along with bringing out the offense to run the "hard count" on 4th and 2 from the 50, taking a delay of game, then punting the ball into the end-zone. Loser.   

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Punch said:

I’m with you.  I get the idea of letting the ball sit there and get wet.  But two timeouts and the ball at the 25 with roughly 20 seconds left can definitely get you into FG range.   Might even work with less than 20 seconds.  Like, say, 13 seconds. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, since79 said:

Can't blame Poyer or the defense for doing what they are supposed to do in that situation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.