Dalton Kincaid: Beane's best pick since Allen?

Success

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

There is no chance he has better speed than either Olsen or Graham who were 4.5 guys. I never once though of him as a Shockey or Bavaro comparable. He's a mainly receiving tight end which is fine, but you need to be Kellen Winslow to go to the Hall doing that.

40 times really don't correlate well to TE success in the NFL although Olsen and V. Davis had success and good straight line speed.

Look at the weaknesses the NFL.com draft site had for that 40 yard slug Kelce:

"Only one season of production

Doesn't have blazing speed

Not a tremendously explosive athlete

Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well"

Yeah, that guy is going to suck playing TE.

Beane’s got some strong picks in recent years..

Kincaid, Bernard and Cook all look like impact players at the position. 

Benford is a legit starting corner. 

Shakir in his second year is starting to display high level WR3 ability. 

But Kincaid is the answer.  The next generation of elite TE’s after Kelce steps aside will include Dalton Kincaid. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 8

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

James Cook is looking better and better also

Every game there’s more than a few plays where I think he’s gonna break out and get a big TD.

It’s impressive considering all season he’s had horribly limited snaps thanks to Donkey Dorsey 

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yup he is going to eventually be the # 1 guy on this roster as Diggs ages out. They need to get some other guys around him tho in the future. This team does need a couple young WRs to create a new core for the future and this next draft is the year to do it 

hopefully we can get a future number 1 WR next draft by trading up, or due to draft being loaded 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

There is no chance he has better speed than either Olsen or Graham who were 4.5 guys. I never once though of him as a Shockey or Bavaro comparable. He's a mainly receiving tight end which is fine, but you need to be Kellen Winslow to go to the Hall doing that.

Kelce ran a 4.61...you don't need to be a burner. Kincaid plays faster than his 40 time

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Every game there’s more than a few plays where I think he’s gonna break out and get a big TD.

It’s impressive considering all season he’s had horribly limited snaps thanks to Donkey Dorsey 

And yet is is still 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards..

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Is that true? I had no idea. That’s a very quiet #2 then, I guess it is the lack of touchdowns that’s keeping it quiet in the media. 

Yup..McCaffery leads the NFL with like 747 or something and Cook is 2nd with 688 yards and a sparkling 5.0 YPC average.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Kincaid to me is our Kittle. Kittle always struck me as speedier than Kelce and more of a smooth route runner. Kincaid has more of that in his game and hardly ever drops passes as well. Best set of hands on the team imo.

If the NFL was just about finding track stars it would be easy.

What you want in your pass-catching TE is the size mismatch of course, but also great balance and body control, route running, ability to come in and out of their breaks smoothly, great catch radius with good hands, and the ability to read and exploit coverages.

There are a lot of reasons to get excited about this kid - trying to tap the brakes myself, but he looks like the real thing.

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

He’s definitely flashing a little sooner than I thought he would. Frustrating it came when Knox went down.

How exactly is that frustrating? I know it’s your thing to drop little doom nuggets about everything, but this seems like a particularly weird stretch.

I’m also sure you’ve posted many things about Knox that, unsurprisingly, completely contradicts this.

I love Kincaid and think he's very close to a lock for becoming a top-5 TE, and could be better than that.

but... the way Oliver's been playing this year — and it took him a while to play this great this consistently — he could challenge for the title of Beane's best pick besides Allen.

Edited by Nephilim17

He will be imo.

any word on him getting hurt?  He had the 1 catch for 0 yards on that terrible play that got him destroyed. That hit hurt, not doubt.  I don’t recall seeing him out there very much after that.  That was his last target of the game

Edited by NewEra

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.