List of most outlandish losses

Marlton Bills

3 hours ago, Marlton Bills said:

Is it me or do the Bills seem to come up with the craziest ways to lose…every time this happens I think, well that’s the craziest loss I’ve ever seen…and then they top it. Going back I think about the Dallas Sunday or Monday night Game a few tears back. We had that sucker locked down and then I think Mckelvin coughed the ball up on the kick off with little time remaining.  They haven’t been hard to come by lately. The Jacksonville game a couple of years ago was stunning. Looking to the jets this year after we knocked out their hall of fame quarterback was atrocious.  Feel free to list others here. 

to your point, we literally lost the same way to the broncos in 2007 than we did this past week. They sprinted on the field with no timeouts to kick a miraculous FG in that game too. 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Even on Monday night when the Broncos were running out to kick the field goal I smirked because they beat us some time during the drought on a similar situation at home.  The painful losses just blur together after awhile.

It seems like there have been several games vs Denver won by a last second FG by their kicker.  Jim Turner, Rich Karlis… and now Lutz.

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

The Pats wind game was pretty memorable. Allen slipping at the 1 yard line vs the Titans. The Jets with a punt return TD in OT. Hail Murray (not primetime but pretty goofy).

same with the jets loss. We lost to the jets the same way back in 2001. OT kickoff return for a TD by Morton. 

it’s a sick cycle! 

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

6-3 loss to the Browns. 

Memorable because I believe Jauron got fired after that one.

I also recall a game against the Jags, Leftwich was the QB. Jags completed (4) 4th Downs on the final drive, including a 4th and 20 something. Won it with a TD on the final 4th down as time expired. That was a kick in the crotch 

And on the 4th and 20, all Nate Clements had to do was knock it down but he went for the INT, it went thru his hands and the receiver made a great catch along the sideline.   Sound familiar?

• Like (+1) 1

Wide Right was simply an unfortunate result, albeit at the most important game.

The games that Bills fans go wild about are those involving gross incompetence stupidity and managerial buffoonery. 

Like:

1) ‘13 Seconds’! The All Time level, never to be duplicated,of HC incompetence! Especially,that your HC during a TV TIME OUT, completely failed to impart one single, simple decision to his Kicker and during TWO OTHER TIME OUTS, failed to prepare to defend 2 people.
2) ‘12 Men’! The next All Time level of managerial incompetence,where during a TIME OUT, your HC can’t count to 12! 

3) MCM… the complete failure of an entire mgt team to prepare how to defend a KO!
4) Cletus McKelvin, with the brain of a gerbil, deciding to return the KO out of the End Zone and fumbling.

5) Nate Clements,normally a sharp guy, going all me me me to put an INT on his resume and losing the game because of it.

6) TheJefferson reception- ditto.

7) Josh Allen fumbling… at the GL…same game!

8 Multiple ‘4th and Stupid’ Kicks inside the 40… during the Drought…NEVER getting the ball back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

LOL - we share the same birthday. I didn't remember that the Viking was also 11/13. We should have a happier birthday next year!

Well November 13th will be a Tuesday next year so probably no Bills game.  Which is good!

Anyway by that date next year we will be discussing the Mets victory World Series parade 😉

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Wide right, MCM, and 13 seconds are the top 3 simply because they were playoff losses and the 1st Bills Super Bowl appearance where they came so close to winning. I don't count the other 3 Super Bowl losses since they were blowouts.

Add this one to the mix against the Browns we lost 34-30 in divisional round. Harmon is such a tool.

Go to 48secs in vid.

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 1

Ha.  My son has a whiteboard in his bedroom,,,,and it's just updated with a list of ridiculous Bills losses starting with the Texans playoff OT loss.  I just have to laugh when i see it.  I say son, wait until you're my age...your list is just the tip of the iceberg.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.