Road to the Playoffs

steven50

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

All three of them had their struggles today.,. Still a ways to go …

Pit is absolute garbage lol it will be a crime against humanity if they make it 

I don’t think the other two are particularly good teams either 

Houston plays Cleveland also which will automatically drop the team vying for the third wildcard back a game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

All three of them had their struggles today.,. Still a ways to go …

They will all lose some games down the stretch.  Stroud starting to throw picks.  Cleveland is cooked without a real QB and Pittsburgh can hardly score points 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Houston plays Cleveland also which will automatically drop the team vying for the third wildcard back a game 

Pit got two games agains the Bengals and the Browns one…

This is the downside of Burrow being injured …

I think it’s likely Pit makes it in … even though I agree they are garbage 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Bills need to somehow win 4 games left to get to 10-7. 10-7 most likely gets them in 9-8 and prob not unless a lot of teams fall off 

Gotta beat NE, Chargers and then at least get two more at the minimum out of Philly, KC, Dallas and Miami. Even at 10-7 I worry about us losing to tiebreakers. Lose to Philly and KC and the playoffs maybe unreachable with literally giving games away against NYJ, NE and Denver.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Houston is playing with house money, and what I mean by that is they have already won more games than anyone expected and making the playoffs be a bonus. Thus they are going okay very loose.. 

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Houston is playing with house money, and what I mean by that is they have already won more games than anyone expected and making the playoffs be a bonus. Thus they are going okay very loose.. 

oh sure but idk how Houston just being happy to be in the hunt effects anyone else’s chances directly lol 

11 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Parity in the AFC is brutal. Contenders will suffer more losses, but it’s hard to be encouraged when the Bills are staring at 6-7.

If the bills can’t even entertain winning 2 of 3 against these three teams coming up making the playoffs was a complete waste of time/draft position anyway.  

• Agree 1

NYT Playoff simulator has us at 25% chance to make it. I'm not sure if their model takes into consideration teams losing their starting QBs for the season. It would make past results for those teams a lot less indicative of future results. Steelers and Browns both looked terrible today on offense, but somebody had to win. Texans barely beat an awful Cardinals team. Things feel wide open if we can play up to our ability.

Here are teams within 1 game of a spot and their remaining SOS:
Browns* (7-3) #25 SOS
Texans (6-4) #23 SOS

Steelers (6-4) #27 SOS

Bills (6-5) #2 SOS

Colts* (5-5) #26 SOS
Bengals* (5-5) #1 SOS
Raiders* (5-6) #6 SOS

* Indicates they lost their starting QB for the year, or have benched their starting QB for the year

The Bengals and Raiders are done IMO based on their QB situations and SOS.

Of the top 5 remaining teams we still have h2h matchups, so some guaranteed losses in there.
Houston vs Browns
Houston vs Colts
Steelers vs Colts

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Pit got two games agains the Bengals and the Browns one…

This is the downside of Burrow being injured …

I think it’s likely Pit makes it in … even though I agree they are garbage 

I’d probably take browning over Pickett haha Pickett is terrible. They’ve opened as a 1 point favorite over cincy.   Steelers could probably lose any of their remaining games despite the schedule being ‘easy’.  I think pit and Cleveland could both fall off

Jacksonville vs Houston is big next week then Cleveland and Houston play eachother so someone has to lose that one.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

NYT Playoff simulator has us at 25% chance to make it. I'm not sure if their model takes into consideration teams losing their starting QBs for the season. It would make past results for those teams a lot less indicative of future results. Steelers and Browns both looked terrible today on offense, but somebody had to win. Texans barely beat an awful Cardinals team. Things feel wide open if we can play up to our ability.

Here are teams within 1 game of a spot and their remaining SOS:
Browns* (7-3) #25 SOS
Texans (6-4) #23 SOS

Steelers (6-4) #27 SOS

Bills (6-5) #2 SOS

Colts* (5-5) #26 SOS
Bengals* (5-5) #1 SOS
Raiders* (5-6) #6 SOS

* Indicates they lost their starting QB for the year, or have benched their starting QB for the year

The Bengals and Raiders are done IMO based on their QB situations and SOS.

Of the top 5 remaining teams we still have h2h matchups, so some guaranteed losses in there.
Houston vs Browns
Houston vs Colts
Steelers vs Colts

Miami doesn’t look very good either so there’s still a division win path…their tough stretch doesn’t hit until the final three games though so it could look like they have things locked up then get tight in a hurry 

I don’t really buy the nyt algorithm,  the Steelers do not pass the eye test.  I’d be shocked if they make it 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A lot of people just lazily lumped in that Chargers game with Kansas City, Dallas etc as if it’s going to be insanely difficult. Chargers are now quietly one of the worst teams in the AFC. The remaining schedule looks a bit less insane than it did on paper before the season.

9 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

oh sure but idk how Houston just being happy to be in the hunt effects anyone else’s chances directly lol 

It just means they will be a hard team to beat because no one expected them be even semi good. This I like there chances to make the playoffs. Heck I could even see them putting in. A scare against the playoff opponent depending on who that is. 

Even if they lose the next two games (which i don't think they will)...the Bills will still be on the "in the hunt" graphic.  

But I do think Buffalo has a good shot to steal this game at Philly.  The Eagles will be coming off this huge emotional MNF revenge game at KC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.