Some All-22 Observations from Cinci

Einstein

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes but I don't think there is the connection you are implying. Dorsey doesn't coach players. he draws up game plans. Obviously the Bills look like they aren't on the same page right now (see: Davis intl grounding call) But I can't say if that draws a line back to Dorsey.

Position coaches I would assume.

Maybe Chad Hall was the biggest loss?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Indeed. Dorsey is unable to scheme for separation the way Reid does with any and all of his offensive players.

So much to the opposite, in fact, that on this play Dorsey schemed Kincaid and Diggs so close and crossed with each other that they tripped over each other and can be seen laying on the ground at the top of that pic.

Now, we all know Diggs and Kincaid can get separation on their own abilities 1:1 in the open field. But tough to do when your OC has you run right at each other from the LOS.

Look at this awesome play design and wonder how many WRs would get separation here:

Those problems span all parts of the offense, and makes it clear to me it isnt a player/talent issue.

I think the Chiefs are showing that talent matters. 

They're at 23.1 ppg with Mahomes telling Peter King that they will get the offense figured out. 

The Bills are at 20 ppg London onwards. They'd be right in there with one more TD per game. 

How can they extract one more TD per game out of what they have? 

Earlier in the year:

it was more under Center

more motion

more play action

more Allen running

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Einstein said:

I honestly wasn't attempting to make a connection, but I can see how it appears that way. I am just as confused as everyone else as to why these same players (and in many cases upgrades - speaking of the line) have regressed since Daboll left.

I'm as confused as you are, especially since continuity was the buzzword when they promoted Dorsey. Other than Dorsey and maybe Cole Beasley, I can't think of anything major that would have changed on this offense. Were there some key position coaches that left that did more than we realized?

At the risk of sounding conspiratorial, I wonder if Josh's personal life is part of the reason? He breaks up with his childhood sweetheart, then hooks up with a Hollywood starlet on the rebound, He's on a ton of commercials now. Then there's that interview in the offseason where Josh admits to taking it easy. It made me raise an eyebrow. All this could be nothing. But I think we have transitioned from hungry-driven-disrespected Josh to everyone-kissing-his-ass Josh. Is he still as driven as he once was?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

2) More o-line issues. We are 9 games into the season and still having miscommunication between linemen. Torrence clearly thinks he has help from Morse.

ezgif-3-509568cf6e.gif

He should have - they were in slide protection. Morse looks lost...

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

5) No defense is convinced by our WR's pretending to be a screen option on shotgun darts. And it's actively hurting us. Instead of our WR's blocking the CB across from them, they fake a screen and then THAT CB goes and plugs a run whole. Shakir's defender on this play is who makes the tackle, stopping the run for a 2 yard gain.

ezgif-3-824ff48a8e.gif

They're not pretending to be an option - they are an option. It's an RPO. We've gotten a lot of mileage out of this concept this year. What's concerning to me is why did we reduce the splits down? They're playing 3 over 2 so there's no play to be had on the pass - the give is the correct call - but we're doing ourselves no favors with the stack that tight to the formation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

May well be. What position coaches left that would have been key in teaching players what to do?

On the offense, the only one that I can think of is Chad Hall. But Adam Henry, the guy the Bills hired, certainly has a strong resume. He seems to have worked a lot with OBJ, both in college and in the league. 

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/upload/v1693415686/bills/x0ogre2fw5biu5793mwx.pdf

19 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

He should have - they were in slide protection. Morse looks lost...

They're not pretending to be an option - they are an option. It's an RPO. We've gotten a lot of mileage out of this concept this year. What's concerning to me is why did we reduce the splits down? They're playing 3 over 2 so there's no play to be had on the pass - the give is the correct call - but we're doing ourselves no favors with the stack that tight to the formation.

Wanted to ask 

Is there a read presnap on defense where LBs can ignore playaction rules or can they just be so confident in their front winning they can stay home in coverage?

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

In years past, Allen hit this pass in roughly the red circle below. The safety just has no chance to get there. One move and Gabe might be gone. 

safety.jpg

But if you want to see a tight window throw...

My goodness...

tighjt.jpg

Yeah it's a hole shot that Allen hits a lot. The margin for error is low and the risk factor is high, but when you have a QB with the ability to make those throws you're going to call them from time to time.

As to why this one was underthrown, I would guess his mechanics off the pump fake were not right. He kind of rushed the throw after pump faking, perhaps because he realized too late CTB still had leverage towards Davis. In a perfect world he would have recognized at the last millisecond that the play wasn't going to be there and take the 3 yard completion to Diggs underneath.

But when you're relying on your QB to regularly make one of one throws just to keep your team in the game, you're always going to live on the edge and these sorts of mistakes are going to pop up. I believe the Chiefs and Mahomes are running into the same problem right now. If people are trying to hyper focus on plays like this as a primary reason for the offense's problems, that is the definition of missing the forest for the trees.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Wanted to ask 

Is there a read presnap on defense where LBs can ignore playaction rules or can they just be so confident in their front winning they can stay home in coverage?

With the increase in the RPO game teams don't teach attack steps to LBs anymore. Instead they'll just bounce and trigger late vs the run.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

What's concerning to me is why did we reduce the splits down? They're playing 3 over 2 so there's no play to be had on the pass - the give is the correct call - but we're doing ourselves no favors with the stack that tight to the formation.

Do you agree with some of the coaching/schematic concerns noted in this thread and others? Lack of cohesion to the route progressions, failure to layer concepts of top of each other, failure to scheme players open, predictable scheming etc. Or do you think it is still more player execution than anything? I just can't figure out how we'll go 5+ drives at a time looking like a completely hopeless offense, sandwiched in between unstoppable drives.

4 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

They're not pretending to be an option - they are an option. It's an RPO

This doesn’t look like an RPO to me. If so, Allen did not give any indication of RPO and Diggs did not seem ready... at all… for a pass.

I also don't think i've seen a tackle pull on any RPO pass this year. Have you? I'll have to check my notes.

Came back to edit; Found an RPO with Spencer Brown pulling a couple weeks ago.

Edited by Einstein

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Do you agree with some of the coaching/schematic concerns noted in this thread and others? Lack of cohesion to the route progressions, failure to layer concepts of top of each other, failure to scheme players open, predictable scheming etc. Or do you think it is still more player execution than anything? I just can't figure out how we'll go 5+ drives at a time looking like a completely hopeless offense, sandwiched in between unstoppable drives.

It happens to all teams and in most games. It happened to the Bengals in the game on Sunday night, but you weren't frustrated by it so it didn't seem as bad. Remember the drive after the Bills FG when the Bengals were driving and then suddenly couldn't complete a pass? The Bills punted the same number of times that the Bengals did (3). It was the turnovers that did the Bills in. KC couldn't score in the second half in Germany. The Eagles punted the ball all three times that they had it in the 4th after scoring at will earlier in the game.

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

This was a very frustrating game to analyze.

1) For those who wanted to keep running and establish "balance". It simply wasn't happening. They could have ran 50 times and we simply wouldn't have scored. Very frustrating run blocking performance for several linemen. Example of this (GIF may take a moment to load):

ezgif-3-b4bc4d2428.gif

2) More o-line issues. We are 9 games into the season and still having miscommunication between linemen. Torrence clearly thinks he has help from Morse.

ezgif-3-509568cf6e.gif

3) Why isn't Josh throwing the ball? Well... to whom? Separation is non-existent on many pays.

seperation.jpg

4) Torrence got tripped up on the screen play. Had he not been tripped, Cook may have scored on this screen. See the following two photos.

screen2.jpg

screen2.jpg

5) No defense is convinced by our WR's pretending to be a screen option on shotgun darts. And it's actively hurting us. Instead of our WR's blocking the CB across from them, they fake a screen and then THAT CB goes and plugs a run whole. Shakir's defender on this play is who makes the tackle, stopping the run for a 2 yard gain.

ezgif-3-824ff48a8e.gif

Diggs does an amazing job selling it.  At least his braids look good

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

2 things stood out to me at first

Big one is just how much faster and physical Bengals dline played vs our oline and vice versa

Second was a result of that and one of the reasons we ended up ditching the run and the pass game got disjointed- we could not run block effectively vs that front and it affected MOF reads due to their LBs not being moved AT ALL when we went playaction

these are stills from deep throw to Harty when the score was still 14-7, right before INT.

at snap

Cvy0Wb.jpg

after playaction from drop

mRM9Vu.jpg

LBs do not play run keys at all despite being in a 4man front w 6blockers in

Nice post. Would you play run facing the big, bad, tough Cook?!? He instills NO fear to any defense. Funny thing is when we were marching at the end of the game (our last 2 drives: Kincaid fumble, then TD) we used L. Murray at RB and he ran well. Hard runs, gained the yards we needed, setup shorter down-to-go. I hope we use Murray and maybe Fournette from here on out. Keep Cook for screens or dumps.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Seemingly all of our offensive linemen have taken a step back the past couple weeks. They were all playing quite well together, I'm not sure what happened.

Here's PFF offensive grades from this game:

image-1.png

3 of our bottom 4 graded starters were OL in this one.

Man am I sick of the same issues still holding this offense back. Poor pass protection. No run game. Zero production from our #2 outside WR.

All you can hope is the Coaches and FO don't get snowed by Gabe's work ethic and they draft their own WR who has some of the traits that work with Allen. 

Namely some speed and a set of hands. 

At the end of that game Sherfield was on the field and Gabe wasn't, my hope was that means Gabe got benched. So maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel that he doesn't have to play all the time. 

5 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Can you grab the INT and show if Kincaid was as wide open as one of the later replays seems to show?

I also saw Diggs wide open on short routes over the middle on 3 different 3rd and short or medium plays. And Josh never looked his way. 

Allen used to be able to see the entire field and rarely missed seeing open receivers.  Is he locking onto one guy now and ignoring the others?

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Haven’t had a chance to spin through the A22 outside of finding a few snaps that I saw posted on here so I can’t really say for the Bengals game. I will say we do have quite a few concepts that aren’t full field reads (zone beater one side and man beater the other) so the notion that there’s not full field cohesion of routes is real but it’s intentional. May be able to spin through some stuff tomorrow and have a better answer for you.

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

This doesn’t look like an RPO to me. If so, Allen did not give any indication of RPO and Diggs did not seem ready... at all… for a pass.

I also don't think i've seen a tackle pull on any RPO pass this year. Have you? I'll have to check my notes.

Came back to edit; Found an RPO with Spencer Brown pulling a couple weeks ago.

The overhang (conflict defender who was the read) was the DB who folded in to make the tackle. He was so wide initially that the read was essentially predetermined as long as he stayed there. Yeah we’ve run a couple of RPO off of Dart this year both left and right with Dawkins or Brown pulling - can’t remember exactly which games they were in but I remember commenting on it on here when they did. Gabe got a really good gain on one of them at or close to the High RZ area on one of them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Thanks @Einstein

Your point on the running game is maddening…. As @boyst suggested, we need to be able to run the ball vs those 2 high, six man boxes. Tough game up front for the hogs, so we need to be able to pivot. Any horizontal running game does not exist as well. Frustrating. 

I would have loved to see some old school zone read. You want to put pressure on those force defenders? Put Kincaid in motion in concert with the QB. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

To me, I feel like what goes on during practice is leading to a lot of our durmise on game day.   

The players for the most part come out making mental mistakes every game, all through out the game.

routes dont make sense.   Josh not seeing open players.   I remember for a whlie he was bouncing on 

his toes and bam open guy got the ball and was gone.   

All game long against Cinci they were for the most part praising them and the players for basicaly 

playing smart and having a smart plan on the field.   everyone knew thier job and did it well..

yeah they did a few dumb questionable things but over all.

The Bills just looked lost as to what they should be doing at times.  

Take out the play calling and I still think coaching on the offensive side of the ball is horrid between games.

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I have another question for @HoofHearted

on the INT, is Davis supposed to read DB outside leverage and stem/stack w inside release vs that coverage? It almost looks like Allen expects that which is why he pumps it once before yoloing the hole shot

No, it's an MOR (Mandatory Outside Release) route. Josh just tried to hit the hole shot into Cover 2 and underthrew it. This has been a recurring theme for him this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Thanks @Einstein

Your point on the running game is maddening…. As @boyst suggested, we need to be able to run the ball vs those 2 high, six man boxes. Tough game up front for the hogs, so we need to be able to pivot. Any horizontal running game does not exist as well. Frustrating. 

I would have loved to see some old school zone read. You want to put pressure on those force defenders? Put Kincaid in motion in concert with the QB. 

We did a lot of motion last year. We did even more the two years prior. We put Josh under center and had motion for a reason: he plays better that Way 

9 hours ago, Simon said:

There's a safety over the top that is just outside the edge of this photo.

It was a stare-down with a bonus double clutch, to a covered receiver in a vertical bracket with no window.

That ball was doomed before it even left his hand.

Disagree. Josh makes that throw against the same coverage quite a bit. Just that everyone cheers when its a TD or 20-30 yard gain. They don't question the decision.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

Haven’t had a chance to spin through the A22 outside of finding a few snaps that I saw posted on here so I can’t really say for the Bengals game. I will say we do have quite a few concepts that aren’t full field reads (zone beater one side and man beater the other) so the notion that there’s not full field cohesion of routes is real but it’s intentional. May be able to spin through some stuff tomorrow and have a better answer for you.

The overhang (conflict defender who was the read) was the DB who folded in to make the tackle. He was so wide initially that the read was essentially predetermined as long as he stayed there. Yeah we’ve run a couple of RPO off of Dart this year both left and right with Dawkins or Brown pulling - can’t remember exactly which games they were in but I remember commenting on it on here when they did. Gabe got a really good gain on one of them at or close to the High RZ area on one of them.

I wished you had the time to do what cover 1 does.  Id watch that all day over them.  It's obvious you know what the hell you are talking about.  I think those guys are ok but not to the extent of your knowledge.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Safety isn't an issue imo he's too deep to effect throw

this is at moment of int and hes still 10yards off

4F1a8x.jpg

i agree w einstein this was simply a miss

I think both are true. I think the secret sauce is that Josh did get the DB to stutter just enough with the pump fake that it opened the window just enough, but needed a better throw. C1 didn’t give him credit for but Josh created the separation there. At game speed I think the safety was still an issue though. At the very least he left a narrow window for success.

I disliked that decision based on the situation. The defense couldn’t get off the field, we just came off a short drive, and we already threw one away the play before on first to stretch the defense. We needed to flip the field and sustain the drive. Taking a low percentage throw with a couple other high success available was a bad choice. 

If he completed that one with a better throw; for me would be one of those “just because you can doesn’t mean you should”.  That was a boom or bust choice where we needed to get ahead of the sticks. 

Now if we didn’t waste the throw to Harty on 1st and we were 2nd and 4, I wouldn’t hate an incompletion there because we’d be left with a manageable 3rd.  

9 hours ago, ngbills said:

Non All 22 analysis:

Opening drive - Diggs 2 targets for 2 catches and 43 yards

Next 4 drives in first half - Diggs 0 targets for 0 catches for 0 yards

2nd Half Opening drive - Diggs 3 targets for 3 catches and 26 yards

Next 3 drives - Diggs 2 targets for 1 catch and 17 yards

So on the two scripted drive Diggs has 5 targets for 5 catches and 69 yards

On the 7 non-scripted drives its 2 targets for 1 catch and 17 yards.

What gives? 

Worth noting that the Bills didn’t complete a single pass after the TD until 1:37 in the half. 

This one wasn’t a “get Diggs involved” issue. We couldn’t run or pass the ball for like 4 minutes of possession. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think both are true. I think the secret sauce is that Josh did get the DB to stutter just enough with the pump fake that it opened the window just enough, but needed a better throw. C1 didn’t give him credit for but Josh created the separation there. At game speed I think the safety was still an issue though. At the very least he left a narrow window for success.

I disliked that decision based on the situation. The defense couldn’t get off the field, we just came off a short drive, and we already threw one away the play before on first to stretch the defense. We needed to flip the field and sustain the drive. Taking a low percentage throw with a couple other high success available was a bad choice. 

If he completed that one with a better throw; for me would be one of those “just because you can doesn’t mean you should”.  That was a boom or bust choice where we needed to get ahead of the sticks. 

Now if we didn’t waste the throw to Harty on 1st and we were 2nd and 4, I wouldn’t hate an incompletion there because we’d be left with a manageable 3rd.  

I watched an interview w Cam Taylor Britt postgame and he said he baited Allen into the throw by pretending like he was going to drive on Diggs curl when Allen pumps. Which I mean...yes, it worked and you got the INT, but mostly because it was a bad throw.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm as confused as you are, especially since continuity was the buzzword when they promoted Dorsey. Other than Dorsey and maybe Cole Beasley, I can't think of anything major that would have changed on this offense. Were there some key position coaches that left that did more than we realized?

At the risk of sounding conspiratorial, I wonder if Josh's personal life is part of the reason? He breaks up with his childhood sweetheart, then hooks up with a Hollywood starlet on the rebound, He's on a ton of commercials now. Then there's that interview in the offseason where Josh admits to taking it easy. It made me raise an eyebrow. All this could be nothing. But I think we have transitioned from hungry-driven-disrespected Josh to everyone-kissing-his-ass Josh. Is he still as driven as he once was?

Considering people were literally throwing his jersey on the ground two years ago after he lost at home to Pittsburgh I honestly would never blame him for taking every commercial and opportunity available to him. 

6 hours ago, Airseven said:

#2 is hilarious. Torrence passed the DT off to Allen!

Sincere tip o' the cap to you, sir: for no one extracts quite as much satisfaction from Bills dysfunction as you do. You knew it all along, you clairvoyant rascal. 

So fun to kick dirt on your alleged favorite team at the halfway hinge of the season when they're half a game out of the division lead. DO you even still allege to be a fan of the Bills above all other NFL teams? 

(Remember in 2021 when it took you and your ilk all the way until week 13 to really, finally get the majority of Bills fans to recognize your predictive brilliance? Man, the Bills were terrible that season. Definitely no way they were gonna regroup and win the division and explode offensively in the playoffs (minus 3rd quarter vs Chiefs). Definitely no way that year's championship window was open the widest. Of course, ultimately you get to take comfort in the Billsy collapse of 13 seconds. You get to lord that loss over Bills fans here on this forum. Cheers to your most objective predictions.) 

17 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

He also stared it down like a tractor beam. Nothing much to misdirect savvy NFL DBs. 

there are two reads there, half field package. He's just as likely looking at Diggs quick out as Davis

mechanically lower body was poor after the pump and thus the throw was similar. Little to do w staring anything down imo

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

there are two reads there, half field package. He's just as likely looking at Diggs quick out as Davis

mechanically lower body was poor after the pump and thus the throw was similar. Little to do w staring anything down imo

But isn't the stare down what drags (or at least entices) the intercepting DB off his potential shallower responsibilities deeper, into Davis' shadow? 

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I wished you had the time to do what cover 1 does.  Id watch that all day over them.  It's obvious you know what the hell you are talking about.  I think those guys are ok but not to the extent of your knowledge.

Appreciate that. Wish I could do more as well.  I was considering starting a thread just for breaking down plays you guys wanted to know more on, but wasn’t sure how much it’d be utilized.

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

He also stared it down like a tractor beam. Nothing much to misdirect savvy NFL DBs. 

To be fair to Josh, and for full clarity here, his read is the corner so yeah from the broadcast it looks like he was just staring at Gabe.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bills did a good job of ditching the run in this game IMO. 

It wasn't going to work. 

On point #3 - again - we've kicked it around a lot on here, who else is on the roster that can reliably get open? To this point the Bills have found Shakir, and he's catching the ball thrown to him at 92% rate. So if Diggs, Kincaid and Shakir are staples, that really only leaves me with a few options left that I can think of:

1. Flat out take Gabe Davis off the field more and trust that Harty can win out wide. 

2. Begin a rotation with Gabe Davis, taking him off and mixing in Harty and Sherfield. 

3. Dump consistently to the backs - Cook, Ty Johnson, Murray, and Fournette - Allen has shown he will not do this reliably/methodically. Bills have tried to push this for the past two seasons. 

4. Go back to 12 personnel with Kincaid and Morris, but this probably starts eating into Shakir's snaps, and why is that a good thing? 

5. Start utilizing 4-wide again and just get some rotations going - moving Diggs around, putting Shakir out wide, then Harty, then Gabe back out wide, splitting Kincaid out wide, or in the slot on a spread look. I don't know that those slot-usuals can play outside, but some 4-wide looks in place of the condensed 3x1 RPO looks might be beneficial. 

Guys are open, Josh just isn't putting the ball where it's catchable, or throwing it late allowing the DB time to recover.

6 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

Appreciate that. Wish I could do more as well.  I was considering starting a thread just for breaking down plays you guys wanted to know more on, but wasn’t sure how much it’d be utilized.

I think that thread would be massive popular here. Look at how much everyone talks about the cover 1 stuff around here and when Einstein or a couple others throw some stuff up.  People love seeing plays broke down and ones like me that aren't so smart love hearing/reading how it supposed to work. Honestly some of it is still over my head because I had some brain damage but I still like it.  As long as it isn't like wall of text jargon I don't understand.

On 11/7/2023 at 2:56 PM, HappyDays said:

Do you agree with some of the coaching/schematic concerns noted in this thread and others? Lack of cohesion to the route progressions, failure to layer concepts off top of each other, failure to scheme players open, predictable scheming etc. Or do you think it is still more player execution than anything? I just can't figure out how we'll go 5+ drives at a time looking like a completely hopeless offense, sandwiched in between unstoppable drives.

After watching, Dorsey did scheme Diggs open multiple times that game. I don’t think we’re doing enough of it. He relies so heavily on our route conversions getting guys open, but when guys fail to execute them properly it’s an issue, and that’s everyone.

Dorsey schemed Diggs into a 1v1 vs a backer and he cut inside vs inside leverage instead of cutting outside like he should have. Josh anticipated the outside cut and was lucky to hold onto the ball when he pumped because he was anticipating the outbreaking route.

Josh is also holding onto the ball too long still and not just dumping it down and letting guys get what they get. It puts us behind the sticks or doesn’t give us a chance on a lot of 3rd downs.

I’ll make a big post later with all my thoughts from the game.

Edited by HoofHearted
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You know what the saddest thing is?

There have been many of us the have been screaming for an offensive line as a priority to get this offense in a place where it can be near greatness....

from that god awful 2018 line to 2023....almost nothing has changed. All we have done is poured money into our defense only to watch them consistently get picked apart by any good QB. 

So the direction of this team has been greatly mishandled.

12 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Josh is also holding onto the ball too long still and not just dumping it down and letting guys get what they get. It puts us behind the sticks or doesn’t give us a chance on a lot of 3rd downs.

'm sure you've seen it, but watch the endzone view of the ALL-22 and he is not even seeing/looking the dump down option. He is keeping his eyes downfield.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Dorsey schemed Diggs into a 1v1 vs a backer and he cut inside vs inside leverage instead of cutting outside like he should have. Josh anticipated the outside cut and was lucky to hold onto the ball when he pumped because he was anticipating the outbreaking route.

This issue happens way too frequently with us. I don't get it. I don't see other offenses regularly throw the ball to nobody because the WR and the QB didn't read the play the same way. With us it's at least once a game, sometimes more. I don't exclusively blame Dorsey because I had the same complaint when Daboll was our OC. I wonder if we are over relying on these option routes in our scheme? Or is the coaching not preparing the players properly to read these plays? With all the other issues our offense has, that issue in particular feels very annoying because it should be an easy fix and we're instead going on year 4 of the same problem.

16 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Not really.

He had 2 reads there - Diggs and Davis.

Honestly he just underthrew it. 

A proper throw and that's a 30 yard gain. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.