McDermott answers why we stopped uptempo offense

Einstein

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

You joke, but I’m sure this is it. They wanted to play ball control and avoid a shootout with the Bengals, who they feared would school them in a high scoring game. It’s the usual strategy of the underdog.

I was beings serious. Remember Gilbride getting punched? Defensive coaches do not like up tempo offenses. I 100% think that is the reason we won't play fast. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Sorry I didn’t catch the actual press conference yet. Just catching up on tweets.

Thanks for reporting!  

This staff isn't going to be getting many if any benefits of the doubt going forward at this point.  

They've blown whatever good will they've had for this season anyway.  It's already an uphill climb for McD to salvage this mess.  I'm seriously wondering when he's going to throw Dorsey under the bus and promote Brady into the role.  Not that he's competent there as the odds are beyond slim for someone that has absolutely no track record of success in the role.  

It's going to be interesting to see how this shakes out and how patient Pegula is smack in the middle of an attempt to sell season tickets and PSLs to fans that already seem to be growing thin on patience for the current staff.  

And no matter how bad anyone thinks we are, honestly, we're presently seeded after the Steelers, Browns, and Jets, none of which have great QBs to understate their condition.  

Follow up: "Sean, what other styles of offense did you want to move to?"

"Inept. Um. Complimentary. Look, we saw some of the Bengals defense get upset after our first TD so we helped them be the best version of themselves. We embrace growth mindset for all. Sure, there's some plays I'd love to have back but I have confidence in Ken. "

*Clap clap clap*

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.