Joe Marino

newcam2012

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean the D line blew up two plays to push the Bengals out of Josh Allen gifted FG range. It is not like they did nothing. But I don't disagree they have guys up there not earning their corn. They have a Von Miller problem. He looks as slow as me right now.

Rousseau is not playing like a first round draft pick, and the curious case of Ed Oliver continues.

• Dislike 2

23 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I feel like I am watching the offense under Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick far too often lately. Score easily on one drive and then do nothing for extended periods, then start moving the ball later in the game again. There is no excuse to EVER look like THAT offense with Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs on your team.  They better figure it out. It's honestly flat out unacceptable on offense.

Welp, McD's admitted that he has no answers and doesn't even know what's wrong.  

Yet, there's still some confusion out there what the core problem really is.  SMH. 

Fortunately it's becoming more and more obvious now every week.    

3 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Rousseau is not playing like a first round draft pick, and the curious case of Ed Oliver continues.

Yeah, some like me refer to it as an established trend and pattern.  LOL. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That playcall in that situation just broke me.  That was it for me with Dorsey and I will never change my mind.

Had the same reaction...and if memory serves they've thrown a deep ball or two to Harty in previous games.  Hasn't worked because dude's lost a step and isn't getting separation.   Amazing coaches haven't seen this into mid-season.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Had the same reaction...and if memory serves they've thrown a deep ball or two to Harty in previous games.  Hasn't worked because dude's lost a step and isn't getting separation.   Amazing coaches haven't seen this into mid-season.  

Literally has not worked a single time - at this point it’s like they’re trying to justify a terrible investment in an overpaid punt catcher.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

It worked in London.

Beane said last week that the team is still searching to find its identity - just give them time!  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m not saying never run, but IMO, when our offense was at its best we were almost always in the Shotgun and JA was slinging the ball around and taking off when it was there.

I think when Daboll left there was too much of an emphasis placed on JA not running anymore and needing a RB to be established, especially this past offseason. JA doesn’t run like he used to (until the 4th quarter of last night). That’s such a huge part of his game. 

McDermott is a defensive guy. I’ve always believed that a defensive-minded coach needs and established OC (and vice versa for an offensive-minded coach). Giving total control of half of the team to a guy with ZERO coordinator experience was such a colossal mistake. And IMO, it’s an unforgivable mistake.

We certainly need a different OC, and I also think we need to move on from our HC. 

1 hour ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Ed was our best DL again yesterday. It is like as soon as he doesn't get a sack in a game people immediately go for him. Wasn't as dominant as he has been other weeks but he was solid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Literally has not worked a single time - at this point it’s like they’re trying to justify a terrible investment in an overpaid punt catcher.

It feels that way with Davis and felt that way with Knox too. Stop forcing the ball to your least productive weapons.  

Option 1 Diggs; Option 2 Kincaid; Option 3 run Allen: option 4 Cook dump offs or outside runs; option 5 shakir.  Everything else is low percentage.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Welp, McD's admitted that he has no answers and doesn't even know what's wrong.  

Yet, there's still some confusion out there what the core problem really is.  SMH. 

Fortunately it's becoming more and more obvious now every week.    

Yeah, some like me refer to it as an established trend and pattern.  LOL. 

When the coach has no answers it’s time to find a new coach.  Lindy Ruff hit the same spot before pegula put him out of his misery here. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

When the coach has no answers it’s time to find a new coach.  Lindy Ruff hit the same spot before pegula put him out of his misery here. 

So I've heard.  That's interesting though since Pegs just gave McBeane extensions, the extra years of which they haven't even entered.

Not sure I see Pegula admitting a mistake like that.  Hope I'm wrong.  

He's going to have a problem though.

Ticket prices for the new digs are going to be twice what they are now, plus PSLs.  

He was hoping to not have what's happening now, actually happen.  That's why the extensions.  Grease the skids for fleecing the fans.  

What's going on now is not good marketing and there's zero indication that the trend will reverse itself.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

Mc Dummy wants to run the ball and slow it up to protect the D.  Newsflash Clappy it ain’t working and you’re setting the defensive up for failure. Want to help the D score points, move the chains. Go faster, spread the ball, quick hitters to various receivers & backs is the solution.

4 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Mc Dummy wants to run the ball and slow it up to protect the D.  Newsflash Clappy it ain’t working and you’re setting the defensive up for failure. Want to help the D score points, move the chains. Go faster, spread the ball, quick hitters to various receivers & backs is the solution.

I would like to take a moment to reflect on the fact that in your implication that we're talking about a head coach that doesn't appear to understand that.  

Either that or he's being ignored by his subordinates.  

He can pick his poison.  

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Von Miller was a "win now" signing, ... last season.  Well, we didn't "win now" then, now we're realizing the risks associated with that incredibly risky contract.  

Those risks are highly damaging.  

Beane should be held accountable for that.  

I didn't love the Von signing for similar reasons they are an issue now. I will say he was better than I thought he would be at his age before he got injured and his injury was unlucky. But that contract at that length and value for a 33 year old pass rusher was also a risk. 

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Our offense has little if any creativity or imagination, less than I recall ever having seen, particularly given the pool of available talent.  Given the franchise circumstances at this point in time, that's tragic.  

On the GM side, next season Beane's going to have an awful lot of cap tied up on Von & Knox.  

It would seem that we've come full circle there, which is on Beane.  

On the coaching side, call it crazy, but it seems that it's prescient when a coach says in a forlorn manner, "I wish I knew what was wrong, I really do." 

TL;DR The Bills roster in 2025 will look almost totally different than it does today. Josh, Stef (hopefully?), Kincaid, Torrence, Milano, Bernard, Benford and Oliver are the only locks (off the top of my head).

Knox contract is a bit bloatedt. A better valued extension could help alleviate it going forward. I do have a pin in it as a possible cut candidate after 2024.

I think I am almost a little more annoyed with Dawkins contract. He is over valued with a bunch of dead years too. But I do think he is also a cut/trade candidate before next season if he doesn't sign a lower value extension.

Josh, Von, and Stef eat a lot. And there is next to nothing we can do with Von or Stef in the near term. Not trying to move Stef. But we can't really restructure anything without a wildly unmanageable hit down the stretch. An extension doesn't feel realistic, he will be 34. And it isn't like he is going to take 2 years at $15M to help spread this out.  Josh can be restructured and extended. That is a near guarantee this offseason. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Ed was our best DL again yesterday. It is like as soon as he doesn't get a sack in a game people immediately go for him. Wasn't as dominant as he has been other weeks but he was solid.

Never mind sacks, it didn't seem that other than on 2-3 occasions, he was getting push in the pass game (on 45 dropbacks, I believe).  The TFL in the run game were on perimeter runs.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

what can he say?  Trading deadline has passed.  We are riddled with injuries,  with some of our top players missing.  What is the solution?  Rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic?

His opinion on who shows keep their jobs or who should be relieved. I’d be interested in hearing what he thinks there

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.