Joe Marino

newcam2012

39 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

So I've heard.  That's interesting though since Pegs just gave McBeane extensions, the extra years of which they haven't even entered.

Not sure I see Pegula admitting a mistake like that.  Hope I'm wrong.  

He's going to have a problem though.

Ticket prices for the new digs are going to be twice what they are now, plus PSLs.  

He was hoping to not have what's happening now, actually happen.  That's why the extensions.  Grease the skids for fleecing the fans.  

What's going on now is not good marketing and there's zero indication that the trend will reverse itself.  

This is a legitimate factor with the new stadium/higher ticket prices.

I have no confidence pegula will move on from McDermott this year, but after next year if this team still looks like, well... this; he's going to have to do something to excite the fans.

Whenever determining what a person or organization will do, always follow the money. Billionaires gonna billionaire and the team either needs to sustain success until the new stadium or there will have to be some razzle dazzle and flash to sell new tickets. A new HC (and voice for the org) would do just that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The stats and analytics say otherwise. Overwhelmingly.

Absolutely. The Bills are at their best under center utilizing play action.  It's not even close. 

Dorsey doesn't want to play that way though and clearly he (or McD) refuses to pivot, so we're stuck with this round peg in the square hole situation. That's why I think we look so much better in a hurry up style, because Allen and the team are actually playing to their strengths instead of Dorsey calling the same bland uninspired trash. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I have no confidence pegula will move on from McDermott this year, but after next year if this team still looks like, well... this; he's going to have to do something to excite the fans.

Whenever determining what a person or organization will do, always follow the money. Billionaires gonna billionaire and the team either needs to sustain success until the new stadium or there will have to be some razzle dazzle and flash to sell new tickets. A new HC (and voice for the org) would do just that.

Ticket sales were supposed to open up soon though.  They're supposed to have virtual seat selections/tours, etc. 

The irony to the entire thing is that Pegula extended the exactly so that this wouldn't happen.  

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

That's exactly why change is needed Gunner. You can see the offense struggle week after week. Lack of creativity, game planning, schemes, and talent. Dorsey sucks and McD is clueless and hands off. 

Not sure how any fan can't see that the McD era is crumbling before our eyes. It's never been able to recover from 13 seconds. The call for change will get stronger and it should. 

Last night was nothing new. Once again the defense couldn't come close to stopping or containing the Bengals. Bengals easily scored on their first two possessions. Very common theme of a McD defense to start out slow and give the opposing offenses a TD or two. You are not going to win doing that against good teams. The Bengals had the confidence to take the ball after winning the coin toss. That told me a lot about what they thought about the Buffalo D. Not much. The defense played poorly in the first half.

Then when the D needed a stop it couldn't give the offense a chance. Was anyone really surprised by the results? I wasn't. 

All in all the defense was ok but not nearly good enough. It amazes me how Bills fans continue to think the Bills D can get it done. Where was the pass rush? McD had to blitz to generate pressure. Everyone knows Burrow will toast you when you blitz. That's pretty much what happened. Truthfully, the Bengals offense was sloppy at times. The defensive injuries are too big to overcome. Why others can't see it is beyond me. 

Offensively, the Bills shot their load on the first drive. Looked great, fast paced, spreading the ball around, and great rhythm. Worked so great that they abandoned it for much of the game. Still shaking my head about that. McD is so knee deep in the defense that he's incapable of giving much input to the offense. Maybe I'm wrong here.inobiw I'm right in saying the offense isn't good enough. Cook replaced by old man Murray, Gabe is not a WR2, Harty is a waste of space pace, and Sherfield is equally unimpressive. The merry go round of mediocre patch work wide receivers had been unsuccessful. The oline is not as good as it needs to be. Brown absolutely blows. Cook is a JAG. The only bright spot are Diggs and Kincaid. Allen continues to sputter and throw INTs. Allen is not the Allen of two years ago. He's been cut off at the knees, had trouble being patient, and struggles to read certain defenses. He's part of the problem because he has to be superman in order for the Bills to win. Yesterday, he wasn't close to being superman. Closer to wonder woman. 

After the Bills muss the playoffs or go one and done the fans will start to see the obvious. The writing been on the wall. You and others smarter than myself remain in denial. 

Next year isn't going to be better without significant changes which includes coaches. Frankly, McD will have another year of wasting Allen and Diggs. Dorsey will be his new fall guy. 

Rinse and repeat. 

merry go round of mediocre patch work wide receivers 

Well said, sir. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, colin said:

Coming into this game, they showed Allen lead the NFL in TDS, had the highest completion percentage, and top 5 passing yards and rating.

After the game, we lead the NFL in epa per offensive drive, and point differential.

The bad results and our barely 500 record points to coaching and coaching alone.  This team lacks confidence, has no consistency, and makes the same predictable mistakes over and over.

3rd and 10 option routes outside the numbers to midget wrs is insane.  

We see our d get smoked by tempo and quick passing vs our zone, so we attack another team playing soft zone with delayed handoffs out of shotgun and slow developing plays.

If we miss the playoffs, the whole front office has to go.  If we are one and done in the playoffs, they whole front office has to go, 

Frankly, walking papers should have been mass printed after 13 seconds.

Super great post here!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm just glad it sounds like he's coming around on the "Dorsey's a big problem!" train!

Joe is very fair and probably gives the staff more the benefit of the doubt. Fir him to be very critical of Dorsey says a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Joe is very fair and probably gives the staff more the benefit of the doubt. Fir him to be very critical of Dorsey says a lot. 

Absolutely.  I think Joe's opinion is probably the best in all of the Buffalo media; he just understands the game at a really high level and is excellent at scouting talent. 

There seems to be fairly universal agreement that Dorsey needs to either radically change or be fired.  I'm all for the firing. 

Just now, Bruffalo said:

Absolutely.  I think Joe's opinion is probably the best in all of the Buffalo media; he just understands the game at a really high level and is excellent at scouting talent. 

There seems to be fairly universal agreement that Dorsey needs to either radically change or be fired.  I'm all for the firing. 

I agree but I don't think that solves everything. I think the next logical step is firing McD. He has almost lost the team in my opinion. Since 13 seconds he hasn't been the same. What he's selling is falling short. The  "complimentary football" theme is falling on deaf ears. His ability to have his team ready, game preparation, and motivation has fallen short. That was his strength but it's no longer the case. 

As long as McD is in charge the team will likely fall short just like their leader. 13 seconds seems more like a normal than an anomaly. 

Tear it down, bring in new innovative offensive minded coaches. Get aggressive and assertive. Utilize Allen appropriately and get in some better weapons. 

You just can't make minor tweaks here. They just aren't working and will likely continue to fail. The Bills are getting worse not better. At this point, there is little to lose here making the appropriate changes. 

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree but I don't think that solves everything. I think the next logical step is firing McD. He has almost lost the team in my opinion. Since 13 seconds he hasn't been the same. What he's selling is falling short. The  "complimentary football" theme is falling on deaf ears. His ability to have his team ready, game preparation, and motivation has fallen short. That was his strength but it's no longer the case. 

As long as McD is in charge the team will likely fall short just like their leader. 13 seconds seems more like a normal than an anomaly. 

Tear it down, bring in new innovative offensive minded coaches. Get aggressive and assertive. Utilize Allen appropriately and get in some better weapons. 

You just can't make minor tweaks here. They just aren't working and will likely continue to fail. The Bills are getting worse not better. At this point, there is little to lose here making the appropriate changes. 

I'm gonna say that getting changing the OC isn't a minor tweak.

I'm also gonna say that I don't disagree with what you're saying, but unless we completely bottom out for the rest of the season I don't see any world where McD even gets on the hot seat. 

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm gonna say that getting changing the OC isn't a minor tweak.

I'm also gonna say that I don't disagree with what you're saying, but unless we completely bottom out for the rest of the season I don't see any world where McD even gets on the hot seat. 

Sadly, I agree that McD isn't going anywhere soon. I suspect we will be having a similar conversation next year when McD and the Bills fall woefully short again. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Make games shootouts. The defense cannot force turnovers for anything at the moment so let the offense take the preferred approach. If it means games are 38-35 instead of 24-18 so be it.

Shootouts are our only chance. I think what has really been hurting us is constantly getting the ball in bad field position, and the other team starting off at midfield often, it seems.

But yeah, we have to win shootouts, but our offense has no identity right now, and seems like they are still trying to figure it out.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Mango said:

Worth noting with some of the Gabe Davis criticisms this week. “Where was Gabe?”

Diggs and Kincaid did everything we begged from a first and second target. They were open a ton, caught just about everything, 16 catches for about 160. We got that 1/2 production everybody was begging for. Davis was a role player on the outside. That’s what people have pounded the table for. 

We have to do better at getting him and Cook involved situationally for chunk plays and RAC. Let Shakir find some soft spots. Davis brings some speed and size on the outside, and Cook should be tearing up LB’s in the passing game. Those guys are certainly good enough to fill those roles with the emerging of Kincaid as a legit option. 

This isn't what I was pounding the table for.  I was pounding the table for Davis to be a full WR and not a streak down the sideline guy.  It's no coincidence that his best games have been when he is used all over the field and not just running streaks like Dorsey has him do most games.  I still don't think the guy is very good but he is decent and using him as just a deep ball threat is not the way to use him.

This is last week and also the playoff game with Daboll.  

route-chart_DAV329675_2023-REG-8_1698594route-chart_DAV329675_2021-POST-20_16429

I will take that all day over this crap

route-chart_DAV329675_2022-REG-5_1665346

And yes, I realize that in this pic he got 2 TDS and 171 yards but his use was limited and too one trick pony.  He has a lot of charts of this one trick pony. Look at the use in the first pick.  It makes it much harder for a D to defend an offense as a whole when we have guys running routes all over the place than just a broken play down the sideline.  It gives Josh more options in the play.  I will take consistent target anywhere on the field over a guy that gets raw yards a couple times a game on a busted play.

I do love we are using Kincaid and others more though.

Edited by Scott7975

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They did make plays.  Can’t put the game on them.  Defense did its job.

You got downvoted but you are correct.  The D made stops for most of the game.  The Bengals only scored 3 points the entire second half while our O did nothing outside a late 4th qtr td all game long.  The game was there to be had if our offense can score.  Anyone blaming the defense is a moron. 18 points doesn't win you a football game against a superbowl contender with a top 5 QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Mango said:

This is where I don’t know what to do. 

Both first and second down had guys wide open, uncovered. I expect Derek Carr or Ryan Tannehill to just “run the play that’s called” as Josh put it in his post game presser. But if your guy is top 5, you have to know not to just chuck it up there. You have to see the play beyond the play call. Just because a call is designed to go to “x” doesn’t mean you have to throw it there if he’s covered and others are open. 

And if others are open. Is the problem still the call?

Part of me is pointing the finger but also I think those are legitimate questions. 

It's not a matter of just if they are open.  It's where they are in progressions, when they are open, if they are in the right spot, if the QB can see them, if there is a throwing lane, is the guy even worth throwing to in that moment in time, etc etc etc.  There is more to it than just the still frame image that people like to post on here. This stuff all happens in the blink of an eye.  I am not saying that Josh is innocent in this but too many times I have seen a still shot here showing some open guy when it wasn't necessarily the case.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I said it in the GDT but at the moment Joe Burrow pre-snap is streets ahead of Allen. That they are rated so closely shows you how mecurial Josh Allen can be once the ball is snapped. But that is a hard way to live in the NFL. I think maybe a different OC could help him with that. Simplify some of what he is reading, maybe Daboll was better at that. But Josh has gotta start winning a few snaps before the ball is in play.

Agree, processing the field is not where Josh shines and it is where Burrow shines.  Thats why I don't like Dorsey.  Its not the right offense for Josh.  They should be having wrinkles of this offense to train him into it but they went full bore with it and just expect him to be Tom Brady with a bunch of guys that lack separation ability to boot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

B9317993548Z.1_20150723175721_000_GSCBDA

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

This isn't what I was pounding the table for.  I was pounding the table for Davis to be a full WR and not a streak down the sideline guy.  It's no coincidence that his best games have been when he is used all over the field and not just running streaks like Dorsey has him do most games.  I still don't think the guy is very good but he is decent and using him as just a deep ball threat is not the way to use him.

This is last week and also the playoff game with Daboll.  

route-chart_DAV329675_2023-REG-8_1698594route-chart_DAV329675_2021-POST-20_16429

I will take that all day over this crap

route-chart_DAV329675_2022-REG-5_1665346

And yes, I realize that in this pic he got 2 TDS and 171 yards but his use was limited and too one trick pony.  He has a lot of charts of this one trick pony. Look at the use in the first pick.  It makes it much harder for a D to defend an offense as a whole when we have guys running routes all over the place than just a broken play down the sideline.  It gives Josh more options in the play.  I will take consistent target anywhere on the field over a guy that gets raw yards a couple times a game on a busted play.

I do love we are using Kincaid and others more though.

I'm mean how many times are you going to bash Davis? Like a broken record dude. We get your point. You don't have to say it over and over and over. Give it a break Scott. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm mean how many times are you going to bash Davis? Like a broken record dude. We get your point. You don't have to say it over and over and over. Give it a break Scott. 

Nice try with that but you apparantly didn't read the post in some cringe effort to get back at me for what I said to you yesterday.  I didn't bash Davis in my post. I said the team is using him wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.