Remember when most of us Bills fans guffawed at the notions of the Bills window closed/closing?

Bubba Gump

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Can’t wait for his cliche answers … win or lose 

He has become belicheck with his canned responses; yet he has won NOTHING more than 3 afc east titles after Brady left and the fins and jets were totally rebuilding. Even that modest streak ends this year    His passive aggressive style/ arrogance where he doesn’t even respect the press or fans enough to offer some genuine humility or offer some candor has gotten beyond galling.  He is losing the team and community support. People are patient when you win or deliver. His process crap has grown stale . Especially given the multitude of horrible game collapses without 1 afc title.   I gladly tolerated losing 4 sb’ s because it was unheard of to go to 4 in a row. We were respected as a team and landed several players, a coach, and a gm in the hof. 

This obsessive compulsive fixation on “the growth process” has resulted in a joyless brand of football where players are taught not to get too high or too low. Well , in medicine , that’s a flat affect state and is far from normal.  Try taking the joy out of your work on a day to day basis , and see what you achieve.  Look no further than the low positive state josh now thinks he performs best in. Mcd might have ocd,,,,many highly successful people do have those traits.  When he has no control , like in game new situations, he has proven he tends to fail in some spectacular fashions.  One thing is certain, he needs control and its his way or you’re DABOLL!  

Im happy he is leading a successful life, but something seems lacking in the success of leading this franchise to its logical next step , and mcds response was to assume more control.  Obsessing over more decisions doesn’t seem like a good lifestyle choice. I’m just making observations , certainly not diagnosing anything.  Is it me or does the whole organization seem to lack passion and a cohesive direction at this juncture?  Interested in your thoughts,,,,didnt realy seem like many players were angry about losing tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I said in January that the short-term window was closed and that Beane would be smart to look ahead two or three seasons, aim for completing then, she’d bad contracts (Von, Knox, White), get rid of McD and Dorsey. Allen would have still had a window.

Clowns at Cover 1 were QT’ing me and I got flamed by their DVOA believers and a ton of Mafia. 

Fast forward 11 months… 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I'm convinced someone higher than me has a hatred for Buffalo. The team has been loaded with talent, mostly defense the past few years. But somehow, the Bills have had the worst injury luck the past 3 years. Something stinks about this. 

Cleveland & Baltimore have the same injury bug. Somehow, the Ratbirds seem to overcome it at 7-2. The Browns are down two starting offensive tackles, lost one of the best RBs in the league, and are surviving it a bit at 5-3.

Minnesota loses a NFL top 5 QB, no problem they beat Atlanta on the road.

The Bills are just flat. I don't get it either.

Edited by DrBob806
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We all knew the schedule is a challenge this year.   Teams grow from adversity....at this point that is my only hope.   The Bills cannot get off the field on defense, lots of first downs against and zero turnovers.  Offense is also struggling.  Lets just say the Bills done make the playoffs this year....does that mean a window is closed?  No it does not  chicken little

9 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

If we had lost other players instead of Tre, Milano, and Jones we were better.  Hard to replace those guys. How many guys are missing from Bengals defense? Hubbard, Wilson, Taylor-Britt? 

Huge blow...but the thing is....this could be overcome with Josh Allen and a great offensive playcaller.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

I said in January that the short-term window was closed and that Beane would be smart to look ahead two or three seasons, aim for completing then, she’d bad contracts (Von, Knox, White), get rid of McD and Dorsey. Allen would have still had a window.

Clowns at Cover 1 were QT’ing me and I got flamed by their DVOA believers and a ton of Mafia. 

Fast forward 11 months… 

Are the Cover 1 guys still spouting "advanced" metrics today, to show how good this team really is?

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Not so funny anymore. The Bills are going nowhere with this coaching staff. I don't care what McD's record as Bills head coach is. He can't win the big game when it matters most. And having Dorsey as an OC, it's head scratching. This franchise is ruining a franchise QBs prime years. Yes, Josh has flaws. But when you just let him play, he is nearly impossible to stop. And Pegula is too arrogant, proud, dumb, egotistical (insert your favorite adjective here), to fire Sean. I would be totally shocked if the Bills start next year with a new HC. Allen and Diggs can't do it all, like the Bills somehow think they can. This team is wasting the best chance they ever had at winning a championship by keeping incompetent people around. It's really sad. 

Vent over. Flame away. 

9 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Not so funny anymore. The Bills are going nowhere with this coaching staff. I don't care what McD's record as Bills head coach is. He can't win the big game when it matters most. And having Dorsey as an OC, it's head scratching. This franchise is ruining a franchise QBs prime years. Yes, Josh has flaws. But when you just let him play, he is nearly impossible to stop. And Pegula is too arrogant, proud, dumb, egotistical (insert your favorite adjective here), to fire Sean. I would be totally shocked if the Bills start next year with a new HC. Allen and Diggs can't do it all, like the Bills somehow think they can. This team is wasting the best chance they ever had at winning a championship by keeping incompetent people around. It's really sad. 

Vent over. Flame away. 

A better chance than the team in the 90's that actually went to the SB, 4 times in a row?!?!? How does that even make sense? Josh is not the best QB we EVER had. He's the most physically talented, sure. The best. Nah. Jimbo has him beat and it's not close. Maybe you're 15 years old and weren't around then. If you were around, the bold is just ridiculous. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dopey said:

A better chance than the team in the 90's that actually went to the SB, 4 times in a row?!?!? How does that even make sense? Josh is not the best QB we EVER had. He's the most physically talented, sure. The best. Nah. Jimbo has him beat and it's not close. Maybe you're 15 years old and weren't around then. If you were around, the bold is just ridiculous. 

I'm prolly older than you. You're name fits you perfectly. Dopey ass punk. 

10 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The Dallas Cowboys loved Jim Kelly too 

I don't think Beane get his share of blame lately.   This team is up against the cap with big holes coming and no real money to solve them. Giving a 32 year old speed del/lb 20 million and multiple years was foolish.  Extending Knox in the off season you were drafting a TE in the first round was beyond a head scratcher.  He constantly spends on FA Wrs instead of developing one.   The core of the secondary is aging and doesn't look like they can stay healthy an entire season.   RT remains a problem.  This team needs more guys on cheap rookie contracts yet he continues to trade away picks. I  dunno, but I see a team with huge holes  going into next season, like maybe replacing both safeties, WR2, no young DTs other than Oliver, could be thinner at DE if AJE goes, if you make cap room cutting Morse now you have another hole at C.  Hes already traded away a 2024 3rd.  I just see a team with multiple holes coming, going to have to be one heckuva draft next season.   Wonder if he will crap away another 4th to move up 2 spots in the first, since Beane apparently knows everyone's draft board. 

Edited by billsfan714
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Dallas Cowboys loved Jim Kelly too 

Your comment aside, do you agree with my post? Josh hasn't done it and he's skating free here. He's part of the problem. Even the OP acknowledged he has issues.

Just now, Dopey said:

Your comment aside, do you agree with my post? Josh hasn't done it and he's skating free here. He's part of the problem. Even the OP acknowledged he has issues.

I fault Allen for very little with this franchise before he arrived in 2018 this franchise was in the wilderness for 20 years. Josh Allen once again was the Bills leading rusher last night. 

6 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I'm prolly older than you. You're name fits you perfectly. Dopey ass punk. 

If you're older than me, you know our best chance to win was in the 90's. 

Punk?!?!? Keyboard tough guys are nothing but keyboard biotches. 

MODS, if I get dinged, so should the keyboard tough guy.

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I fault Allen for very little with this franchise before he arrived in 2018 this franchise was in the wilderness for 20 years. Josh Allen once again was the Bills leading rusher last night. 

Never said he's the main problem. He does have a hand in our issues. He does skate free here too many times. We did make the playoffs without him in Mcd's first year here. So, Mcd actually got us out of the 20-year funk. Been out of it since. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.