Remember when most of us Bills fans guffawed at the notions of the Bills window closed/closing?

Bubba Gump

Not so funny anymore. The Bills are going nowhere with this coaching staff. I don't care what McD's record as Bills head coach is. He can't win the big game when it matters most. And having Dorsey as an OC, it's head scratching. This franchise is ruining a franchise QBs prime years. Yes, Josh has flaws. But when you just let him play, he is nearly impossible to stop. And Pegula is too arrogant, proud, dumb, egotistical (insert your favorite adjective here), to fire Sean. I would be totally shocked if the Bills start next year with a new HC. Allen and Diggs can't do it all, like the Bills somehow think they can. This team is wasting the best chance they ever had at winning a championship by keeping incompetent people around. It's really sad. 

Vent over. Flame away. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’ve been saying it for years.

Pathetic what’s happening right in front of our eyes folks.

We have a generational QB that we legit are going to waste. Life is short. We are all getting older. Super Bowl window is so so brief. 

Terry, please GOD do the right thing and fire this Buffon asap. Get Ben Johnson or Jim Harbaugh in here and let’s get ONE for this city, this fan base, Bills mafia. We deserve better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

Just now, WMDman said:

Have we officially been eliminated?

just get to the playoffs and anything can happen 

Idk, I'm just seeing a great QB being wasted with terrible coaching and the lack of help they have given him to work with. Coaching is terrible. If they make the playoffs, you honestly think they can go anywhere? I don't, unfortunately.

• Agree 2

McWimpy had a freaking unicorn QB landed on his lap and don't know a ***** thing how to help him. Since McWmpy is a defensive minded coach, he will draft high on defense and almost none on offense. The past 6 years it's been defense, defense, defense and no WR or OL to help Allen. This is the product that we have now. McWImpy had a gold mine of a QB and he just dumps him in a trash bin.

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

McWimpy had a freaking unicorn QB landed on his lap and don't know a ***** thing how to help him. Since McWmpy is a defensive minded coach, he will draft high on defense and almost none on offense. The past 6 years it's been defense, defense, defense and no WR or OL to help Allen. This is the product that we have now. McWImpy had a gold mine of a QB and he just dumps him in a trash bin.

But wait, wait, wait now, hear me out. Beane went out and picked up Deonte Harty and Trent Sherfield to bolster the WR corps. What more do you want? 

They have mistreated the offense in a major way. Total injustice to Josh. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Meh. They have a QB. It’s always open. 

But I’ve been pounding the table that they’ve been trying to keep the train on the tracks by overpaying for too many vets.

The Bills needed to start thinking about a step back an offseason or two ago. And the longer they waited the more painful it would be. 

Now we have to take 2 years to move on from Tre, Von, Morse, Hyde, and Poyer’s contract. Not to mention we have nobody in the pipeline to replace Davis and only 2 DE under contract next year and we are $~41M over the cap for 2024. 

If taking a year or two to restock the shelves “closes Allen’s window” then it wasn’t really open very wide to begin with. This doesn’t have to be a huge deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It’s easy to see why the HC and QB 5 year rule hasn’t been broken in the history of the league. Franchises move on from one or the other and it’s time to get a new captain to run the ship. McD is Doug Collins, we need to find Phil Jackson.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

What he say? 

Nothing about the challenge or end of half. 

started out blaming the kicking game and offense.  A reporter asked him why the defense hasn’t had an INT in over a month, said it was likely due to lack

of pressure.  Didn’t talk at all about the defense until he was asked about it 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Not so funny anymore. The Bills are going nowhere with this coaching staff. I don't care what McD's record as Bills head coach is. He can't win the big game when it matters most. And having Dorsey as an OC, it's head scratching. This franchise is ruining a franchise QBs prime years. Yes, Josh has flaws. But when you just let him play, he is nearly impossible to stop. And Pegula is too arrogant, proud, dumb, egotistical (insert your favorite adjective here), to fire Sean. I would be totally shocked if the Bills start next year with a new HC. Allen and Diggs can't do it all, like the Bills somehow think they can. This team is wasting the best chance they ever had at winning a championship by keeping incompetent people around. It's really sad. 

Vent over. Flame away. 

No flame here. 100% right.  We just have to pray Terry sees the obvious.  We're never going to a SB, let alone winning one with McD.  Ben Johnson will be sitting there just waiting to work with Josh.  If Terry gives Sean another year, I'll be focusing alot more on golf.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Our window isn't closing. We need to re-arm. As long as we have Josh, we aren't out of it. That said, this isn't our year. We are good enough. We need to get healthy and add at least 2 more elite players at positions of impact. Also, a HC is only as good as his starting QB. Of Josh keeps turning the ball over at a league leading pace, nothing McDermott does will matter anyway. Too many coaches ended their careers by not having the nerve to pull the switch on a QB that was almost good enough.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Nothing about the challenge or end of half. 

started out blaming the kicking game and offense.  A reporter asked him why the defense hasn’t had an INT in over a month, said it was likely due to lack

of pressure.  Didn’t talk at all about the defense until he was asked about it 

What's a doctor's prescription called when they don't ask for a name brand fill? Is it "generic"?? Maybe Sean should go be a ***** doctor. I can't stand this dork anymore. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.