Not addressing WR is a fail...

Hebert19

Remember when we ran McKittrick outta town on a rail?  And when we replaced him with two guys that cost like 4x what it would have taken just to keep him?  Well they have way less FDs and points halfway into the season, and likely won't equal McKittrick's 2022 output by the end of the season. Good times. 

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

6 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Games stat line.  0. 

He needs to sit.  He's a trash second. 

Tee higgins.  Dominant.  

Waddle last week.  Dominant. 

Gabe.  *****. 

Start shakir and make sherfield 3. 

I voiced my concerns about Davis in the offseason.

“While I’m glad to see the Bills try and address the O-line, I’m not sure they’ve done enough to give Josh good/quality targets. IMO, going in the season with Gabe Davis as the #2 WR is a mistake. Davis underperformed last season as he struggled with drops and contested catches. I feel Davis is a better #3WR than the #2 WR.”

So far this season, Davis looks good for one game, then disappears for the next 2-3 games.

Edited by Jerry Jabber
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Which WR was Beane supposed to add?  This past year draft there was a WR run, and we traded up to draft Kincaid- which is better for our passing game then any WR at that draft slot.

FA WRs have sucked the past 3 seasons.  And there are 22 players on offense and defense.  They can’t all be first round picks.

So tell me Mr Hindsight where exactly Beane was supposed to add a stud WR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Chugga said:

Agree to disagree.  Well yeah Gabe does suck.  But you can’t have 11 pro bowlers on offense.  What we do have in house right now is good enough to score more than 18 on the bengals.

Ok, let me rephrase this.  Gabe sucks, Dorsey's infantile play calling is killing this team. McD enables it. Our supplemental wrs like Sherfield & Harty are useless & invisible.  We desperately needed Gabe to take pressure off of Diggs getting doubled.  There's absolutely nothing "Big Game" about Gabe. Mediocre route runner and inconsistent hands. No one expects 11 pro bowlers. Just competence.....

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I figured when Milano went down that was it for the season, he's our best player on D and overcoming that with the other injuries is just too much. Our safeties are old AF, Rapp is terrible, Morse doesn't seem to look great this year, Davis is not a WR#2, he is a JAG...

Dorsey and McD have ruined Allen this year - he is not just playing ball, they are in his head and slowing his decision making process down. It's easy to see when he can't decide if he should run or stay in the pocket. He doesn't trust the WRs besides Diggs and now Kincaid...

I'm glad we kept our picks becuase we will need them, this team's best chance was  seconds and this version of the Bills is over. Time to tear it down and reboot it. McD will stay, but I don't think he should.

Agree with everything.  If Terry is dumb enough to give McDermott another year, this organization deserves everything it gets. And yes they're screwing with Josh's head.  Breaks my heart to see the best qb in Bills history be completely wasted by idiot coaches.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

Which WR was Beane supposed to add?  This past year draft there was a WR run, and we traded up to draft Kincaid- which is better for our passing game then any WR at that draft slot.

FA WRs have sucked the past 3 seasons.  And there are 22 players on offense and defense.  They can’t all be first round picks.

So tell me Mr Hindsight where exactly Beane was supposed to add a stud WR.

DeAndre Hopkins. Could have signed him, but instead, used the money on Leonard Floyd. McDermott continually adds to his defense, while not enough assets are devoted to the offense. 

Everything goes to help the D. It’s been that way for years. Sign some scrub WRs like Beane does with the oline every year. Meanwhile McDs defense keeps getting the picks and the aging vets making their last push.  ***** terrible. Injuries suck but there is still too much invested in it to listen to the excuses. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chugga said:

Agree to disagree.  Well yeah Gabe does suck.  But you can’t have 11 pro bowlers on offense.  What we do have in house right now is good enough to score more than 18 on the bengals.

Don’t need a pro bowler as wide receiver number two we just need someone who can get separation, fight for the ball, and make a play now and then. Cincinnati has three receivers that can do that plus tight ends.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

DeAndre Hopkins. Could have signed him, but instead, used the money on Leonard Floyd. McDermott continually adds to his defense, while not enough assets are devoted to the offense. 

The D is missing 7 starters, and they outplayed the O massively.  The O has zero excuses.  We fortified the line. We added Kincaid.  Shakir( 18 catches on targets), Sheffield, and Hardy are a good 3, 4, 5.  The O was putrid.  Josh had another mediocre game.  Gabe was awful.  And Dorsey is root cause of offensive impotence.  Josh, Gabe, and Dorsey is why we lost to the Bengals

Edited by Pete
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

The D is missing 7 starters, and they outplayed the O massively.  The O has zero excuses.  We fortified the line. We added Kincaid.  Shakir( 18 catches on targets), Sheffield, and Hardy are a good 3, 4, 5.  The O was putrid.  Josh had another mediocre game.  Gabe was awful.  And Dorsey is root cause of offensive impotence.  Josh, Gabe, and Dorsey is why we lost to the Bengals

No doubt Dorsey is awful and the injuries on Defense have taken their toll, but only having Allen, Diggs and Kincaid as the only guys on offense that can consistently make plays is a huge problem! Bengals have more weapons on offense and kept moving the chains the last night.

4 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

No doubt Dorsey is awful and the injuries on Defense have taken their toll, but only having Allen, Diggs and Kincaid as the only guys on offense that can consistently make plays is a huge problem! Bengals have more weapons on offense and kept moving the chains the last night.

I agree with all of the above.  Maybe Hopkins would of helped, Im not sure.  IMO the Bills need a twitchy, speedy WR that can be a safety valve for Josh, getting open 7 yards at will.  Replace Gabe with twitchy WR, master route runner, that catches everything,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Games stat line.  0. 

He needs to sit.  He's a trash second. 

Tee higgins.  Dominant.  

Waddle last week.  Dominant. 

Gabe.  *****. 

Start shakir and make sherfield 3. 

🤣 You silly folks who rip on Gabe are ridiculous. 

You all think that the most important things in a WR are great hands, getting open a lot, many catches in big games, coming back for the ball, fighting and contesting for balls, dependability, and being an actual threat opposite the #1 and not just getting balls because teams don’t care or worry about you when in reality the most important thing is…

…boy those are all good things aren’t they? 

We need a 1B. Not a glorified 3 (stop it, he is) and lately not even just a 2 anymore it seems.  

The number 1 offensive priority on this team should be getting someone who would legit challenge for being The Guy at WR or at least not look awkward when The Real The Guy is standing next to him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Gabe sucks. The oline is far worse than you think.  Tonight hardly anyone got separation. 

The issue is IMO running the ball with RB only what 8-10 times a game? You’re hardly keeping the defense honest and they are just pinning their ears back and going for Allen, because he is either throwing it or running it himself.  That’s just not a championship formula. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Deonte Harty played 3 snaps last night. 

Trent Sheffield has what like 5 catches on the year. 

like what are you even talking about?

they are not fine. They are awful  it’s a problem. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.