TRADE! Giants send Williams to Seattle for 2nd

BuffaloBillyG

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Good point. I forgot they got a lot for Wilson.

I dislike Pete Carroll but I have to give him or their organization a lot of credit for what they got from a declining Russel Wilson (sans last game) and how they resurrected Geno Smith is incredible, two major home runs.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 2

From my perspective, the inability to find replacements for Jones and White in the trade market has dramatically hurt this top-ten roster. Our defense will have to rely on the defensive scheme heavily. McDermott is going to get his DC aptitude tested.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Seattle has surprised me. They're good and just got better. 

it might end up being a rental .  Williams a huge cap hit this year and is a free agent in a couple months.   Bad business by Seattle unless they intend to give him another $20m per year contract.    Great job by Shoen to grab a 2nd round pick for a guy who was gone in two months anyway.   Bad job by Schoen to give D Jones that fat contract forcing him to do things like this.   Upcoming draft full of QBs.  

We'll prob just re sign DeQuan and be done with it.  

1 minute ago, gjv said:

From my perspective, the inability to find replacements for Jones and White in the trade market has dramatically hurt this top-ten roster. Our defense will have to rely on the defensive scheme heavily. McDermott is going to get his DC aptitude tested.

Trade deadline is not until tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Simon said:

Then it must be true!!!   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do not think that agent could have been planting BS rumors to player traded, do you?  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Players are not allowed to be active 18 regular games a year - available yes so I wonder how that impacts cap.

3 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Ya think?!!??? It's only ALL OVER twitter that Bills were close. Turns out Beane was trying for a package deal with Williams and Adoree Jackson - so he scared the Giants off I bet. I'm sure Elam was being thrown in.

Bills got Williams the exact same amount as 30 other teams.   There really isn't anything like "close". Just won the auction, lost the auction. 

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Sending a low 2nd for a proven player on the DL doesn't seem so crazy. 

It's putting a quality DL on the credit card. The 2025 5th is a total "whatever" pick at this point. They have 2 years to trade a backup guard and get that back. 

That guy's football life just became a lot more fun given Seattle's record. 

Actually it's a great move, one our GM won't make

1 hour ago, gjv said:

What inability ? Trade deadline is tomorrow.

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I think it's a pretty cheap price, actually, but the issue is the salary and the Bills cap situation. They don't have the room for a trade like that. 

For the player, yes. But his contract only runs through this season so that drags down his value. It’s more than I’d have wanted Beane to give up. I think this signals that the Giants are going to be in the QB market. Seattle is leading their division and pushing some extra chips in. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.