Week 9 thread - We’re on to Cincinnati

BillsFan619

49 minutes ago, julian said:

I just read an article on PFT quoting Tyler Boyd saying some of the Bills players used the snow as the reason they lost in the divisional round game last year.

I hadn’t read or heard that, did anyone else remember seeing these statements after the loss ?

Nope.  He's trying to create an edge.

This is a BIG game.  Just wanna take a moment to appreciate that it's November, we are still one of the top contenders in the AFC, and we have a BIG game, against a team we might be competing against in January for the right to go to the Super Bowl.

That kind of thing wasn't happening 10 years ago.  Or even 5 years ago.  We've had disappointments w/ this team here & there - but these are glorious days.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bengals make stuff up to create a "nobody respects us/us against the world" attitude every week. They've been doing that since 2021.

It's incredibly annoying because it works and there's nothing you can do about it.

I think it would be appropriate for the Bills to publicly complain about the Bengals intentionally trying to injure Josh Allen. THAT would be real bulletin board material. The Bills don't go there enough.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's incredibly annoying because it works and there's nothing you can do about it.

I think it would be appropriate for the Bills to publicly complain about the Bengals intentionally trying to injure Josh Allen. THAT would be real bulletin board material. The Bills don't go there enough.

They probably do, just not publically. 

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bengals make stuff up to create a "nobody respects us/us against the world" attitude every week. They've been doing that since 2021.

Actually, I recall McKenzie saying something along those lines. The snow was slippery or something stupid like that. I remember being embarrassed by his comments, yet another reason I was glad they let him go. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It has a limited shelf life though. Won't be long before guys are rolling their eyes at each other.

It comes back to one of my favorite Parcells quotes; "We don't coach effort"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, julian said:

I just read an article on PFT quoting Tyler Boyd saying some of the Bills players used the snow as the reason they lost in the divisional round game last year.

I hadn’t read or heard that, did anyone else remember seeing these statements after the loss ?

I thought it was huge, but not something that was talked about a lot.  The reason being that we stupidly just tried to rush 4 guys in a vanilla fashion on a slippery field which was completely neutralized - while Cinn brought pressure from all different places - not just the front 4.  It was a huge difference in the game  It it didn't snow there is no doubt in my mind we would have fared better, because we had such a stupid defensive game plan that didn't account for the elements

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, stevewin said:

I thought it was huge, but not something that was talked about a lot.  The reason being that we stupidly just tried to rush 4 guys in a vanila fashion on a slippery field which was completely neutralized - while Cinn brought pressure from all different places - not just the front 4.  It was a huge difference in the game  It it didn't snow there is no doubt in my mind we would have fared better, because we had such a stupid game plan that didn't accont for the elements

I'm sorry but we can not call it home field advantage if we can't game plan for the elements in our own house. (This comment is not directed at you, just piggy backing on what you're saying)

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah...dude has a future in bodybuilding if he wants post NFL career...that is just elite, elite genetics right there.

What IS that?  Holy crap

image.png.4fec990cfcda261aeba7aa1dd6e54619.png

• Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, FLFan said:

The Bengals are a bunch of whiney *****.  I absolutely hate that team.

Same.

The bills players, coaches and fans showered that team with praise and gave them the credit for winning the game.  The local and national media praised them, the entire planet praises burrow and no ever dares say anything negative about him.

That team is just like that 05-07 giants team.  They did the same thing.  They would talk about everyone and guarantee victories all the time yet if anyone said anything contrary to u guys are the greatest ever they turned it into a motivating thing.

I am starting to think this is why the bengals struggle to start. Everyone kisses their ass in august and they have nothing to get riled up about.  Then after a few bad losses they turn this mindset on about people doubting them and pointing out their mistakes as if they didn't a couple games already.

God I hope the bills win and then say nothing because somehow someway they will see them again i imagine.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Success said:

This is a BIG game.  Just wanna take a moment to appreciate that it's November, we are still one of the top contenders in the AFC, and we have a BIG game, against a team we might be competing against in January for the right to go to the Super Bowl.

That kind of thing wasn't happening 10 years ago.  Or even 5 years ago.  We've had disappointments w/ this team here & there - but these are glorious days.

great perspective! 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.