TB @ Buffalo Game thread - 2nd Half

Simon

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

The offense scored only 7 in the second half.

For a change they shot their wad in the 1st half rather than late in the 2nd.

This team will finish around 500 give or take.  Bank on it.

We had our moments in this game but TB is garbage & we managed to regress as the game went on.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The only way we were losing that game is if we went for those 4th and shorts and got stopped…literally every bounce went the bucs way and they ran out the clock on themselves 

Literally every bounce. Tipped interception, tipped 2 point conversion, 4th down TD that re-directed into Evans’ stomach, fumbled punt back into the returners hands, fumbled snap that bounces cleanly back into Mayfield’s hands, weak illegal contact call on Taron on the first 4th down conversion, a face mask on the 2nd 4th down when that could have easily been blown dead on a QB being in the grasp, dropped pick by Poyer, Neal just missing pinning the last punt inside the 5. A lot of good luck. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Ok. I’m out. You’ve been proven wrong and you refuse to acknowledge. Good chat. 

In what way is having a minute left to prevent a game winning fg anywhere close to having 30 seconds to prevent a td? You are entirely and objectively incorrect in every conceivable way.  I am thankful every day the posters in this gameday thread have no control of the bills decision making lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

No chance the defender initiated that contact lol Mike evans was all alone because the ball was thrown short of him and he straight up shoves down a defender. 

The problem is the refs didn't call it and if Goodwwin catches the ball we lose.

This playing scared isn't going to work against teams like the Eagles and Chiefs.  We're not going to the SB so there's no reason not to play more aggressive football but Sean's addicted to safety and caution which fuels a lack of confidence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

For a change they shot their wad in the 1st half rather than late in the 2nd.

This team will finish around 500 give or take.  Bank on it.

We had our moments in this game but TB is garbage & we managed to regress as the game went on.

This isn’t by chance. After half they put together a stellar drive and score. Then up 14 McD got his grubby hands into the kitchen and started influencing decisions. Offense looked completely different, stalls, and you then give the Bucs the time to inch back in.

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

The problem is the refs didn't call it and if Goodwwin catches the ball we lose.

This playing scared isn't going to work against teams like the Eagles and Chiefs.  We're not going to the SB so there's no reason not to play more aggressive football but Sean's addicted to safety and caution which fuels a lack of confidence.

You don’t think the bills will go for more 4th and shorts against offenses better than the bucs? These gameday threads man I swear 😂. The only way tb beats us is if we turn it over on downs around midfield then the clock is no issue

That last pass,  how about just play the ball and knock it down.  Why risk getting called on a PI,  just track the ball and someone it it down.  That pass was there and dropped untouched. McDermott calling timeout when the Bills had a great rush,  just so many blunders to end that game that we did not need to see.  The positives were that we played fast on offence and Miller looked little better today.  I think for us to have any chance our defence is going to need to get 2-3 turnovers or this playing guys 10 yards off the line with no pass rush is not going to fly with Cincy at their group of WR'S. 

Bills should put extra time in this week on striping the ball out, I don't see ho our DB'S hold up

Just got back from the game. I have to tell you, the coaching on this team is beyond awful...I mean BEYOND awful. Shotgun snaps from the 1 yard line, clinging on to dear life in the end when they could have ended this game beginning of the 4th quarter. This team is barely getting by and it's the coaching, NOT the players.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I don't trust McDermott,  just does not get it.  Even up 14 points and second and 2,  how about you just go for it and try to put them away.  He will never learn and only way this team wins games is through our offence. Guaranteed Andy Reid goes for it on that 4 & 2, just soiled the win on how we finished

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

I don't trust McDermott,  just does not get it.  Even up 14 points and second and 2,  how about you just go for it and try to put them away.  He will never learn and only way this team wins games is through our offence. Guaranteed Andy Reid goes for it on that 4 & 2, just soiled the win on how we finished

Exactly you put the game away, just spineless coaching.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Just got back from the game. I have to tell you, the coaching on this team is beyond awful...I mean BEYOND awful. Shotgun snaps from the 1 yard line, clinging on to dear life in the end when they could have ended this game beginning of the 4th quarter. This team is barely getting by and it's the coaching, NOT the players.

You can see it,  McDermott learned nothing from 13 secs collapse

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You don’t think the bills will go for more 4th and shorts against offenses better than the bucs? These gameday threads man I swear 😂. The only way tb beats us is if we turn it over on downs around midfield then the clock is no issue

I don't think you can have a dual identity, aggressive or timid, and situationally just turn it on and off and be successful.  You pick one and live or die by it and the scared approach is usually fatal.

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

the call on 4th down against Taron resulted in TB being able to cover…..

Why does Vegas care if they cover? Also, if you really believe Vegas only wins if a particular side of a bet wins (not remotely true), then do you really think all the money was going to Bills -9.5 after the NE and NY games? I'd think its more likely people were taking the points and the Bucs.

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Seemed like we were definitely playing safe in the 4th quarter almost playing not to lose.

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That’s an entirely different situation…the chiefs had plenty of time to drive down the field and kick a game winning fg there if the ravens punted.  Not even close to comparable.  

That downvote tells me all I need to know lol being up 1 with a minute left against the chiefs is a teeeeny bit different than being up 6 with 30 seconds left against the bucs.  Just an insane thing to argue 

Agreed.  Completely different situation.  If McDermott punted with 1:05 left against Patrick Mahomes I'd be advocating for Terry Pegula to work a deal with the government to charge him with war crimes.  Making Baker Mayfield drive the length of the field in 30 seconds with no time outs left is (and was) basically game over.  

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

NFL is rigged so freaken obvious.  I was predicting every penalty before they happened.  Holding on every punt return and no replay!! Total BS

More people bet on bills to cover -7.5 and got it up to -8.5 and -9. So you’re wrong 

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

NFL is rigged so freaken obvious.  I was predicting every penalty before they happened.  Holding on every punt return and no replay!! Total BS

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

the call on 4th down against Taron resulted in TB being able to cover…..

ALL the juice was on Tampa Bay -9.5.

When they got the ball down 14 I said "Here come the flags until they score". Sure enough. Took em long enough but the refs made sure it happened.

The ref's had the Bucs to cover as well.