Worst Sean McDermott Offense Coordinator

Punching Bag

Who was McDermott's poorest offense coordinator  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was McDermott's poorest offense coordinator

Dennison was a Curt Modkins type patsy who should’ve never ever been an OC. Does he even coach JV?

Dorsey also sucks, but Dennison was another level.

Daboll was good and if you are pretending he’s not, it’s because you’re still mad they went with Kenny.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Dennison was a Curt Modkins type patsy who should’ve never ever been an OC. Does he even coach JV?

Dorsey also sucks, but Dennison was another level.

It’s true but Dorsey gets the benefit of having Josh Allen, imagine Dorsey with Nathan Peterman 

• Thank you (+1) 2

I’m sorry…Dorsey has his flaws…but I think the real issue is McD himself. I think one of the reasons they went with Dorsey in the first place is because he’s a young guy that would be grateful for the opportunity and would do what the HC wanted.  That’s why McD and Daboll bumped heads so much…Daboll did what he thought he needed to do. Dorsey doesn’t seem to do that and instead defaults to McD with whatever he wants. 

There are plenty of issues to go around, but I think all of this starts with mcd. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Do you guys think the OC operates in a vacuum without direction from McD?  Sure Dorsey is dialing up plays but McD is dictating the overall scheme and framework ie more runs, more pocket play, more check downs &  less improvisation by JA.

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

I’m sorry…Dorsey has his flaws…but I think the real issue is McD himself. I think one of the reasons they went with Dorsey in the first place is because he’s a young guy that would be grateful for the opportunity and would do what the HC wanted.  That’s why McD and Daboll bumped heads so much…Daboll did what he thought he needed to do. Dorsey doesn’t seem to do that and instead defaults to McD with whatever he wants. 

There are plenty of issues to go around, but I think all of this starts with mcd. 

I’ve said this in about 3 different threads for the past two days…… it’s ONE HUNDRED % correct!

Josh is now operating in a system that doesn’t utilize his best attributes.  You can almost see the frustration when you see him on the bench.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Do you guys think the OC operates in a vacuum without direction from McD?  Sure Dorsey is dialing up plays but McD is dictating the overall scheme and framework ie more runs, more pocket play, more check downs &  less improvisation by JA.

I’ve said this in about 3 different threads for the past two days…… it’s ONE HUNDRED % correct!

Josh is now operating in a system that doesn’t utilize his best attributes.  You can almost see the frustration when you see him on the bench.

Would you believe same thing about a head coach with offense only background dictating what defense coordinator was supposed to do?
Overall game yes - we need to pick up pace or slow it down - but Coach McD does not have an offense background.  He could tell OC how he thinks an offense play would be attacked by a defense but not play selection.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Rick Dennison. The man who single-handedly launched the Bills run to 4 Super Bowls.

When he was canned, Dennison unleashed a curse the likes of which haven't been seen since the Bambino cursed the Boston Red Sox.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

I’m kinda torn.. I feel like Dennison would win a lot of games with this current offense. It would be a lot of boring run run pass. But I think it would work with todays roster. 
I took Dorsey just because the stakes were so high when he was hired. I never expected Dennison to guide a top offense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.