Who was the 3rd best player on our roster today?

Mikie2times

Active only

I would probably go with Taron Johnson. Maybe Hyde. That's about it, hard to even name a 3rd. I can't name one on offense. 

We have a lot of issues beyond the roster, but the roster is a pretty big part of it. At the end of the day it takes good players to win. We don't have as many left as people seem to think. 

Kinda tough to say the guy that let up the game winning TD, as well as a key penalty flag in the game winning drive one of the best few players on the field. Dude could have had 2ints and a sack fumble before that and still doesn’t deserve being called one of the best on the field. 

• Agree 3

1) Kincaid

2) Cook

3) Shakir?

OL worst game of the season. 

Allen struggled most of the game. 

Diggs no shot on a 50/50 ball and then drops our last gasp. 

Knox with another key drop. 

Nantz/Romo weren’t announcing, so Davis wore his invisibility cloak. 

DL was trash all game.  Run game and no pass rush.  

LBs got washed due to the DL being dominated. 

Secondary somehow got carved up by a bag of milk who never once threatened them deep. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Kinda tough to say the guy that let up the game winning TD, as well as a key penalty flag in the game winning drive one of the best few players on the field. Dude could have had 2ints and a sack fumble before that and still doesn’t deserve being called one of the best on the field. 

The point of the thread is to basically say what you're saying. The roster was so bad today Taron Johnson is likely the 3rd best player on the roster to start this game. As far as who was the 3rd best after it ended. Who knows. Maybe Kincaid or Cook. The roster is bad right now with these injuries. No way around it. 

Edited by Mikie2times

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Diggs, Cook, Kincaid, in that order for me.  I'll give Po an honorable mention.

Diggs? He did one decent thing all day. It’s a miracle they got YAC from him, he barely wins contested balls and has had key drops in successive weeks (but everyone goes in on Knox). Plus he ran the wrong route against the Jags. He’s hardly at the top of the list to blame but he didn’t have a great game yesterday, and has struggled over this run, as have most.

Cook and Kincaid - definitely. Third? Um…

10 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Active only

I would probably go with Taron Johnson. Maybe Hyde. That's about it, hard to even name a 3rd. I can't name one on offense. 

We have a lot of issues beyond the roster, but the roster is a pretty big part of it. At the end of the day it takes good players to win. We don't have as many left as people seem to think. 

Johnson missed an open feild tackle on the first drive of NE that would have stymied that drive.  He had some other misses and poor coverage.  Not one of his best games.  Our open field tackling is and has always been suspect, even more with Milano out and Edwards gone.

10 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Active only

It was definitely NOT Taron Johnson. Gave up 2 TD passes, let the Pats extend a drive with a horrible penalty and missed several tackles. As a matter of fact he was downright terrible yesterday. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Saw some good stuff from Cook and Kincaid.

Cook looks like he has some power with the speed.  Not a pounder up the middle, but he can hit or juke a guy 2 on 1 or 1 on 1.  

Kincaid was open almost all day.  Should have hit him more often.  First pass of the game should have gone to him, not been forced.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Cook looks like he has some power with the speed.  Not a pounder up the middle, but he can hit or juke a guy 2 on 1 or 1 on 1.  

Kincaid was open almost all day.  Should have hit him more often.  First pass of the game should have gone to him, not been forced.  

He was open underneath a bunch, but Josh opted for the downfield throw.  It's on the All-22.  Not understanding his decisions.

• Agree 1

Kincaid.

he’ll be the the 3rd best player on offense in most games.  Just throw him the ball.  

27 targets- 25 catches.   #2 in the nfl 92.6%.  I realize his routes are short, but numbers don’t lie-  pass him the ball and you’re likely to complete the pass and get positive yards.  

it’s a shame it took us so long to get him heavily involved.  He’s a stud and based on what we’ve seen, he deserves to be the unquestioned #2 option each game. 

I thought our OL failed us miserably even with the poor offensive play calling.

We just lost to a very crappy team so there is currently a lot that is messed up with the Bills.

Not much time for reflection, self-analysis and positive change given we play a much better team than the Pats on a short week Thursday Night.

Going to be a pretty interesting challenge for McD to rise up to.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.