Never thought I’d say this. Sean McDermott is a stupid coach.

Beast

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Outside of Kelce who does any one worry about?  Brady made it work with Gronk and cast offs for years.  It's a tired excuse.  You pay an elite QB to elevate those around them.

Brady is the GOAT, and Mahomes IS the best QB in the NFL and they have some young WR that are coming on, and FYI they won when Kelce was out as well for a week. 

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

HE is the HC! During the TD celebrations and TV TO, it was up to McClapper to get his ST & D players ready to perform EXACTLY in the manner to

proceed forward.  In those critical, never seen before FUBARed moments  it was ENTIRELY up to him, to dictate exactly how 13 seconds and 3 plays will be defended!

He failed all 3!

Gave him another hear

13-3 in regular season but that stinker against the bengals at home YOU DONT BOTHER SHOWING UP FOR!!!!

I’m done and this season solidifies my decision to be done 

It’s only a matter of time now

maybe a couple mediocre seasons then they will move on

took a billboard to fire jauron remember 

What bugs me most about McD as a coach is the number of times we have looked really unprepared and unmotivated for some games during his tenure. It is also maddening that this flaw is also inconsistent across a season. McD has had some great games where the team seems fired up and has a great game plan (Like the KC game last year and in 2021, Also Dallas on Thanksgiving) then he just comes up with an absolute stinker soon after.  The Miami game is a perfect example of this inconsistency. Great game plan. But it has been sandwiched by a terrible Jets, Jags, Giants and Pats games where the team has looked unprepared and unmotivated. This has been ongoing since the Dolphins game in the playoffs and the trend of bad games has overwhelmed the good ones. 

The Coaches of this team need to put the players in the best positions for success and insure their mindset is ready pregame. That has really fallen off this year.

He has done what he is capable of doing with this team. The team has regressed the past 2 years. I believe it is time for a new voice, an offensive mind that will get Josh back on the right track. If I was GM, Jim Harabaugh would be at the top of my list. He knows how to build a championship team. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/25/2023 at 12:25 PM, jamusjb said:

He has done what he is capable of doing with this team. The team has regressed the past 2 years. I believe it is time for a new voice, an offensive mind that will get Josh back on the right track. If I was GM, Jim Harabaugh would be at the top of my list. He knows how to build a championship team. 

Agree about McDermott.  Good man, good organization builder, but feels like it’s run it’s course.  I’d actually do everything possible to get Vrabel.  Seems like similar to Mcdermott his time is up there.  His teams are always tough, he’s won, and he’s never had a QB nearly as good as Josh.  I think he’d be a great fit for Josh and Buffalo.  

On 10/22/2023 at 2:26 PM, damj said:

Listened to his post game presser ... he has no answers

He's never had any answers.  He cleverly deflects answers into rhetoric.  I knew we were in trouble from a game manager perspective way back blowing that 16-0 lead in Houston.  13s just validated how stupid & clueless he is during games.  I tip my hat to him for how he administers a team.  He's a great HR director,  just a terrible manager.  We're not winning a SB on his watch.  And I'd fire him alone for almost 6 years of OL neglect. And yes even with Torrence, this years OL is still weak.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's never had any answers.  He cleverly deflects answers into rhetoric.  I knew we were in trouble from a game manager perspective way back blowing that 16-0 lead in Houston.  13s just validated how stupid & clueless he is during games.  I tip my hat to him for how he administers a team.  He's a great HR director,  just a terrible manager.  We're not winning a SB on his watch.  And I'd fire him alone for almost 6 years of OL neglect. And yes even with Torrence, this years OL is still weak.

13 seconds was the moment for me with McDermott. Even today I still cannot believe they couldn't defend a 3-point lead with just 13 seconds left and the Chiefs starting at their 25. That is a fire able offense. It should have been.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/23/2023 at 8:57 AM, SWATeam said:

Outside of Kelce who does any one worry about?  Brady made it work with Gronk and cast offs for years.  It's a tired excuse.  You pay an elite QB to elevate those around them.

It's a misnomer that Brady had nobody.   There were a couple years sure but mostly he had weapons and almost always a great o line.  He had Moss, Welker, Edelman, Branch, Brown.  Allen never had anything other than average line and one good weapon.

On 10/22/2023 at 4:49 PM, Paup 1995MVP said:

That's a very astute post.  We don't have one above average O lineman on the roster.  They were awful today for the most part in pass protection..  Our OT's are terrible relative to other teams w good QB's  Dawkins at best is average.  And Brown is bad most games.  Knox would not be a starter on almost every NFL team.  He is a back up.  

And the D line was lousy today also.  Settle Phillips and Ford should not be on an NFL roster at this point.  They were steamrolled in the middle today.  Guys like Phillips and Lawson are not the guys you want playing if you are thinking a deep playoff run.  Good guys.  Marginal NFL talent at this point in their careers.  

The talent level on the team is just not that great.  And losing Tre Milano D Jones and Oliver is brutal.  As they are 4 of the most talented players we have.  

I agree 90% of the way.  Knox is a starter for a lot of teams, TE is almost as void of talent as QB around the league.  His numbers are basically smack dab average and he’s an exceptional athlete.  He would start on a good number of teams.  Now that contract?  My Gawd.

9 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I agree 90% of the way.  Knox is a starter for a lot of teams, TE is almost as void of talent as QB around the league.  His numbers are basically smack dab average and he’s an exceptional athlete.  He would start on a good number of teams.  Now that contract?  My Gawd.

PFF Has him ranked like 56th out of 75 TE...

A starter as a TE2 maybe? lol

Good news is Kincaid is like 31 ranked which is great for the young kid. Knox a bum move on get kincaid more touches.

Edited by BillsFan692

9 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Which teams lol

36 minutes ago, Gregg said:

13 seconds was the moment for me with McDermott. Even today I still cannot believe they couldn't defend a 3-point lead with just 13 seconds left and the Chiefs starting at their 25. That is a fire able offense. It should have been.

I've said for years it shouldn't even have come down to our soft zone stopping that 3some for 2 plays.  He should've walked on to that field with his ST and tell them exactly what to do (short pooch).  That was my moment. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dubie54 said:

Bill O'Brien schooled MCD last week, plain and simple. MCD played right into their hands and we let the Pats walk all over us in the 4th. 

Every OC is a genius when they can run the ball and have time to throw.  We had 5 pressures and 1 sack in the game.  NE had 14 pressures and 1 sack.  We were under pressure for 31%, they were under pressure for 15.6%.  They didn't drop any passes.  Mac had 100 air yards across 30 attempts.  

When we blitzed, he hit the hot receiver.  When we didn't blitz, he'd just stand there on the spot, or step up into the pocket - and throw short in windows.  

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

It's a misnomer that Brady had nobody.   There were a couple years sure but mostly he had weapons and almost always a great o line.  He had Moss, Welker, Edelman, Branch, Brown.  Allen never had anything other than average line and one good weapon.

I disagree.  Moss is the one blue chipper from that list and funny enough he never won a title.  The others were elevated by Brady.  How was Welker’s career looking before joining the pats?

On 10/23/2023 at 2:48 AM, SWATeam said:

Bills had free rushers plenty.  A good example was on that last drive when Epenesa came screaming off the edge ready for a strip sack to end it.  What happened?  Mac hit is back foot and the ball came out on time (wow, yes, on schedule throws are actually allowed?!?!).  If that was Josh he would have looked for the first reason to escape the pocket, twirled around, and searched for a wide open stationary target to throw a laser to.

The better QB, today, won the game.  Yet here we are constantly looking for every other excuse in the world when the answer is starring us straight in the face.  We have an elite so-called MVP level QB that plays like poop an alarming amount of the time.  If he can't win with his mind and excel in this traditional QB style they have been trying then they might as well unleash him and live with the consequences.  Because he only seems to be truly special off script or when running.  With teams playing this two deep stuff, forcing patience- and his reluctance to use his legs- nothing within the structure of the offense looks special.

Blaming our MASH unit of a D is nonsense.  our fully intact "elite" offense is supposed to carry the day. 

That's not the whole story tho

Epenesa gets rerouted enough because the Pats oline is fundamentally sound and is winning everywhere else

Brown stays home and gets a piece of Epenesa, Jones has a very comfortable pocket to throw from

77 and 69 easily handle Poyer/Hyde/Epenesa and Stevenson is there for cleanup

snap

Tahqim.jpg

pocket

ZdG7Pl.jpg

throw

ie3FPc.jpg

That's a comfortable pocket compared to Allen to Diggs TD when they bring 8 and 2 (#23 and 5) are untouched, still gets the throw off in time to Diggs

top of drop

mwi0h9.jpg

throw

GJIfbY.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.