Never thought I’d say this. Sean McDermott is a stupid coach.

Beast

38 minutes ago, Beast said:

All day long the Bills blitzed, blitzed, blitzed. All day long, with I believe the exception of one time, the Bills got nowhere near the QB and Jones had a career day.

McDermott kept it up and Mac ***** Jones of all QB’s made him pay.  Not even mixing up the blitzes. Continually trying to come through the left tackle/guard spot.

Just like the last drive last week.

And, speaking of last week. Same scenario this week. The Giants attacked Johnson with a tight end and a decent throw beats the Bills. This week? Same thing. The Patriots attacked Johnson and won.

Sean McDermott cost the Buffalo Bills a win today by sheer stupidity.

Not stating the obvious to anyone here…our coaching staff is severely letting this team down.

Well.. That late, completely telegraphed blitz on third and long with the Pats still out of FG range did not help much... That's for sure. 

I was screaming at the TV... NO!!! NO!!! And the Pats picked that blitz up easily... 

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. Blitzed way too much. Was a bad performance by McDermott. 

One of the Bills critical problem areas on both sides of the ball is predictability.  By its very nature this problem gets worse with time.  All of the evidence is that McDermott either does not know this is a problem, or he can't fix it. 

I'm on board with a replacement.  He and Beane had done fantastic job of turning this organization around, however, they hit their ceiling a couple years ago.  We truly need an offensive head coach, we have Josh ***** Allen, how bad does the coaches have to be to not win with Josh Allen and Steff Diggs?  Yeah they blow!

49 minutes ago, Beast said:

All day long the Bills blitzed, blitzed, blitzed. All day long, with I believe the exception of one time, the Bills got nowhere near the QB and Jones had a career day.

McDermott kept it up and Mac ***** Jones of all QB’s made him pay.  Not even mixing up the blitzes. Continually trying to come through the left tackle/guard spot.

Just like the last drive last week.

And, speaking of last week. Same scenario this week. The Giants attacked Johnson with a tight end and a decent throw beats the Bills. This week? Same thing. The Patriots attacked Johnson and won.

Sean McDermott cost the Buffalo Bills a win today by sheer stupidity.

Not stating the obvious to anyone here…our coaching staff is severely letting this team down.

Not saying you're not right with your assesment, but is it necessary to call McD "stupid"?

I was iffy after 13 secs.  I definitely blamed him.  Last year I gave a pass but didnt buy the "mentally exhausted" excuse for the team collapse. I am on board with dumping this entire staff now.  They aint it.  The defense sucks and has way too much cap tied to it for them to be this bad.  They coached the special out of Josh trying to turn him into a QB that he isn't.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Einstein said:

There are a lot of execution issues, which fall on the shoulders of the players, but there are also plenty of coaching issues as well.

How does the announcer see the poor slant leverage by Taron Johnson the previous play, but our coaches don’t?

Belichick and Co saw it, and immediately took advantage of it.

I will always credit McDermott for turning this franchise around. But there are so many deficiencies that show up on coaching.

Bottom line is that McDermott has taken us as far as he can. He's just not a top flight coach. 

Great guy, and he will get credit for what he has done to turn the franchise around. But he is going to ruin that if Josh never gets a ring.

Save him and this team by bringing in the staff that can close the deal

17 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

This thread at least makes me feel better.  Everyone seems to be coming around to firing him. Those of us that have been saying that McDermott should be replaced for a few years now sure do feel vindicated. 

We can feel vindicated but it doesn’t mean anything is changing. I’ve come to expect no changes. They aren’t firing him this year and I don’t know if they would after next year going into a new stadium. Who knows. 

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. Blitzed way too much. Was a bad performance by McDermott. 

I think that may have been because the DTs are so poor and couldn’t generate any consistent interior pressure on their own. Jones crumbles when faced with good interior pressure, but at this moment the Bills don’t have any DTs capable of bringing it. Gotta blitz instead because you can’t let him just sit there. It’s not a great option, but the Bills are so talent deficient on D right now that they have to take risks.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.