hondo in seattle

6 hours ago, Billl said:

First 5 seasons:

Cam 18,263 yards passing - Josh 18,397

Cam 117 TDs, 64 INTs - Josh 138 TDs, 60 INTs

Cam 18,263 rushing yards - Josh 18,379 rushing yards

Cam 43 rushing TDs - Josh 39 rushing TDs

Cam 3-3 postseason record - Josh 4-4 postseason record

They have been incredibly similar in their first 5 seasons.  The difference is that Cam collapsed after his 5th season.  He was on a HOF trajectory until injuries caught up with him.  Comparing Josh’s first 5 seasons to Cam’s first 5 seasons isn’t an insult to Josh.  Cam was elite, and he’s got the hardware to prove it.

That's a lot of rushing yards in their first five seasons.  You're conveniently leaving out the leap Allen made from year two to three.  For instance,

Cam threw for 30 plus touchdowns once his first five years.  Josh did it three times (20-22).

Cam only threw above 60% once his first five years.  Josh did it three times (20-22).

Newton threw for over 4,000 yards once his first five years.  Josh did it three times (20-22).

Newton had a passer rating over 90 once his first five years.  Josh did if three times (20-22).

Newton's total TD's exceeded 40 once his first five years.  Josh did it three times (20-22).

I'm noticing a theme here.

• Like (+1) 3

I saw Cam Newton on some podcast recently and didn't even know it was him, thought it was some percussion player for Prince. Dude is so small now, and he still acts like the league owes him something. Allen has surpassed the comparison on all levels.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's a lot of rushing yards in their first five seasons.  You're conveniently leaving out the leap Allen made from year two to three.  For instance,

Cam threw for 30 plus touchdowns once his first five years.  Josh did it three times (20-22).

Cam only threw above 60% once his first five years.  Josh did it three times (20-22).

Newton threw for over 4,000 yards once his first five years.  Josh did it three times (20-22).

Newton had a passer rating over 90 once his first five years.  Josh did if three times (20-22).

Newton's total TD's exceeded 40 once his first five years.  Josh did it three times (20-22).

I'm noticing a theme here.

Cam really only had one great season and even his great season there wasn’t really a mahomes level threat for mvp competition. 

the revisionist history on cam has been a little strong lol people are acting like he had those 2015 numbers every year until getting injured and falling off 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

16 hours ago, Billl said:

I recall.  He didn’t because Mahomes went 2/2 for 44 yards in 10 seconds to put his team in range to tie the game with a FG and then went 6/6 for 61 yards and a TD in overtime.  I realize that doesn’t fall into your definition of “when it counts” because, in a thread about how good Josh is, the only answer you’ll accept is “OMG he’s the best of all time”.  It doesn’t matter that other QBs have won MVPs, Super Bowls, have better records, better stats, etc.  None of that matters to you.  

Josh is 4-4 in the postseason including a 27-10 loss last year, but postseason records don’t matter.  Josh has never won a Super Bowl, but championships don’t matter.  Josh has never taken the Bills to the #1 seed in the conference, but regular season wins don’t matter.  Josh has never won an MVP, but MVPs don’t matter.  The only thing that matters is the logo on the helmet and as long as there’s a buffalo on his helmet, then by God Josh is the GOAT.

You’re right.  He was 9/16 for 107 yards.  I said 8/15 for 107 originally.

Again try 10-16, but add up to the yards again 134 not 107, and of course a few ridiculous rushes, including one on 4th and 4..

Edited by Billsfan1972

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Burrow has much better weapons and the best we can say about the stats is that it's a "dead heat." So we agree that Allen has been much better, yes? Either that or you somehow have to argue that Burrow's weapons and Allen's weapons are equivalent, which, good luck on that.

I never said this entire conversation was about stat lines. It's part of it.

Burrow has enjoyed more direct and postseason success which is part of it as well. (Time for somebody to come in and argue Burrow hasn't actually played that well in the postseason statistically while propping up Josh's 2021 performance). I have already heard this song and the 8 other songs like it. I'm actually pretty happy with what Josh has done this year. I don't want to spend time rehashing this conversation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.