Are people really that unhappy with our 4-2 Bills?

eball

Fan is short for fanatic. There are a lot of people who are passionate about the Bills (or whatever team they are fans of). They want the best. Personally, I think things are good and will get better. I'm not going to go against anyone who thinks this or that needs to be changed anymore. It's their right to say so. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am certainly unhappy about the injuries.  Hard to have Milano, Jones and White all out for the season, particularly since they are three of my favorite players on the team.  Wish the offense would show some consistency, and I am concerned that we saw similar issues with the offense at different points last season.  Team should be 5-1 given the strength of the teams that they have played so far, so 4-2 is a bit disappointing.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am extremely disappointed in their performances against the Jets and Jaguars. With the talent on this team, I dare say it was inexcusable to let those 2 games get away from them. It’s the inconsistent play from one week to the next that leads one to not know what team is going to take the field on any given Sunday. 

The way the schedule sets up for the Bills, I think they will look back on those 2 games as one’s that they needed to have in order to have a shot for home field in the playoffs. 

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Nothing really counts until we get to the playoffs.

Yeah, the team has been good for four plus years at this point....as far as I'm concerned, the team has established itself as a perennial playoff participant.

We all just want the Bills to take that next step and make it to the Super Bowl and win it.

After the Miami game, the Bills looked poised to do just that, but these last couple of weeks, thanks to injuries and inconsistent Offensive play, the team looks less likely to make that step this year, and it can be frustrating.

Josh Allen only has so many "Prime seasons" left....the Bills have to take advantage of his talents while they have them, because this team could quickly slide back to "lovable loser" status once he is gone.

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Both the losses were very unnecessary and the win against a really bad Giants team wasn’t really impressive either. It doesn’t feel like we’re making the most out of having Josh. I’m not overjoyed with the season so far and I have to admit I’m a bit worried, but that’s nothing a couple of good wins won’t fix. 

• Agree 2

I have to wonder how many of the whiny, angry, hysterical posters on TSW are either too young to remember the Bills pre-2017 or have chosen to block out memories of the misery that Bills fans suffered between 2000 and 2016.  Any ugly win is infinitely better than any loss, particularly early in the season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

Because we know this isn't a championship team, the signs of regression are apparent. It's such an exhausting season to get out-coached by Doug Peterson in the Wild Card round. Just making the playoffs isn’t good enough, we want a Super Bowl

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

Both the losses were very unnecessary and the win against a really bad Giants team wasn’t really impressive either. It doesn’t feel like we’re making the most out of having Josh. I’m not overjoyed with the season so far and I have to admit I’m a bit worried, but that’s nothing a couple of good wins won’t fix. 

You aren't giving the Jets and Jags enough credit. They are both good teams.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

There's a lot to be satisfied and unsatisfied thus far. The injuries are the most daunting. Losing your three best players on defense is more than not worthy.

The two losses and the Giants win are concerning. The Bills have played three good games and three very poor games. They hardly look like super bowl worthy six games in. Fortunately, it's a long season and hopefully this team throws at the end of the season. 

The Dolphins are in first place not the Bills. That's not what I expected. We are chasing instead of being chased. Let's not forget the Bills schedule only gets tougher. 

The offense is still a work in progress. Dorsey certainly is a concern. The oline has played two poor games in a row. Kincaid seems to be nothing more than a dump off TE. Besides Diggs, the Bills offense is solely reliant on Allen. 

I'm not getting caught up in all the stats. Truthfully, they never tell a complete picture. It can definitely be used as a measuring stick. 

As a fan, I see this team as very good. A playoff team. I don't see a AFC championship team or a SB team. Sure it's possible and I always hope for the best. 

A lot of football to play. The Bills needs to play better and improve. Ditto for the coaching staff too. Let's see how things play out. However, there's plenty of positives and negatives to address. To criticize those who have valid  construction criticisms is really suspect. Almost like it's not ok to do. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I have to wonder how many of the whiny, angry, hysterical posters on TSW are either too young to remember the Bills pre-2017 or have chosen to block out memories of the misery that Bills fans suffered between 2000 and 2016.  Any ugly win is infinitely better than any loss, particularly early in the season.

Show me a Bills fan that isn't happy with the win? 

I can show you the vast majority of Bills fans that aren't happy with the way they won.

There's a big distinction between the two and you seem to muddie up them. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Its about expectations. Are you happy with a playoff contender or do you want a championship. The question is - will it be easier or harder to win next year, the next, etc. With Josh Allen's age and contract plus other players age the time is now to win. So when the team is on track to "only" be fighting for a playoff spot it leads to disappointment. 

• Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.