Our next opponent….The NY Football Giants

Beast

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Dare I say it but, after last week, Sunday is not about the Bills winning - it's how they win. If they limp home in a one score game, the record will look better but the prospects will not. 

I hear what you are saying but in this league you just never know. The Commanders took Philly to OT in Philly a week after we murdered them in their own stadium.

The Giants are playing lousy right now….but they did make the playoffs with a lot of the same key pieces last season and they may be getting Barkley back for this game.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dare I say it but, after last week, Sunday is not about the Bills winning - it's how they win. If they limp home in a one score game, the record will look better but the prospects will not. 

I get this sentiment.  I really do and I suffer from it to.  But the truth is that all Sunday night is about is winning.  In the first half of the season it's about winning and moving on to the next game.  Nothing more and nothing less.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I get this sentiment.  I really do and I suffer from it to.  But the truth is that all Sunday night is about is winning.  In the first half of the season it's about winning and moving on to the next game.  Nothing more and nothing less.

Agreed.

I have the Bills winning 45-9.

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 1

Why? Have you watched Kansas City the last 2 weeks? They're still pretty much universally "the best team in the NFL."

I want a blowout cause I'm going to the game... but playing a backup QB is one of those weird variables that can make this game a game.

Just win baby!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why? Have you watched Kansas City the last 2 weeks? They're still pretty much universally "the best team in the NFL."

I want a blowout cause I'm going to the game... but playing a backup QB is one of those weird variables that can make this game a game.

Just win baby!

What does how Kansas City looks have anything to do with the Bills against the Giants?

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

But in the greater scheme of things, it doesn’t matter how we win on October 15th.  Just win.  Win impressively in December and January 

17 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What does how Kansas City looks have anything to do with the Bills against the Giants?

Read the post he was replying to……

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Coming off the injuries and the trip to London I'll just take a win, right now with the situation the team is in we've got a series of games against weak opponents before we face some tough competition to try and get things figured out with the roster as it is. The offense might be missing the two TE of there two TE set but hopefully they'll definitely be back by next week. Then they need to finally find their damn identity.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Just win baby!

I would be happy with a 1 point win and no new injuries. 

Dane Jackson apparently has plantar fasciitis. This injury is about pain tolerance and load management. Extremely painful actually but players push through it all the time. It explains why he didn't practice much but is not declared out for the game. If it feels okay during warm-ups he will play. I would guess if it turns into a blowout he will get pulled, no need to put stress on that injury anymore than absolutely necessary.

Knox took a helmet to the wrist against the Jags and reportedly tore a ligament in his hand/wrist. There is also apparently a fracture in that area. He has it braced up. He can play through the ligament damage with the brace, but usually a fracture in that area keeps players out 2-3 weeks out of caution (the bone in that area generally does not heal very well). My guess is that if he plays against the Giants it will be a lighter load than usual.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Dane Jackson apparently has plantar fasciitis. This injury is about pain tolerance and load management. Extremely painful actually but players push through it all the time. It explains why he didn't practice much but is not declared out for the game. If it feels okay during warm-ups he will play. I would guess if it turns into a blowout he will get pulled, no need to put stress on that injury anymore than absolutely necessary.

Knox took a helmet to the wrist against the Jags and reportedly tore a ligament in his hand/wrist. There is also apparently a fracture in that area. He has it braced up. He can play through the ligament damage with the brace, but usually a fracture in that area keeps players out 2-3 weeks out of caution (the bone in that area generally does not heal very well). My guess is that if he plays against the Giants it will be a lighter load than usual.

So, with Kincaid iffy to clear concussion protocol, I would think there's a chance that we see an elevation for Joel Wilson in addition to Ingram at CB. Or maybe they just roll with Knox limited snaps and Morris/Gilliam getting a lot of extra work.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd be surprised if either plays this week.

Long season.  With Benford back, start him and Elam.  Promote Ingram, although not ideal to use up his 2nd call up.

I have confidence in Morris/Gilliam filling in for Rambo short term.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So, with Kincaid iffy to clear concussion protocol, I would think there's a chance that we see an elevation for Joel Wilson in addition to Ingram at CB. Or maybe they just roll with Knox limited snaps and Morris/Gilliam getting a lot of extra work.

Haven't heard anything on Kincaid from my source, but based on other reports this week it appears he is trending in the right direction. He was spotted in a normal jersey at practice, not a non-contact. If he clears the protocol I think we're fine with him and Morris and Gilliam. In fact I'll almost welcome the opportunity to see Kincaid get the routes and targets Knox has gotten. I want the ball funneled to more dependable players.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He doesn't have a major fracture the way we normally think of a broken foot, but one of the small bones in his feet is broken. It's the kind of injury you can technically play on because it's not possible to make the injury worse, but he could cause the healing to be delayed if he puts too much stress on it. Mostly it is about pain tolerance and making sure it can still heal properly.

That really sucks - sounds like the kind of thing that will just continue to bother him the whole season

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This also sucks - another injusry that could linger all year

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.