Feeling dejected...

Ethan in Cleveland

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If the Niners lose Fred Warner, do you take them out of the running?

Beane isn’t going to trade away a bunch of picks to address all these injuries, but at least these injuries happened before the trade deadline. 

Frankly, I doubt there are many significant deals to be made at this point. 

I'd like to hear some plausible ones. 

2 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Oh, you didn’t know? If you feel differently than @T&C than your not a real fan. I mean, he is the authority on being a fan. He was probably screaming “Super Bowl here we come” when Orton was QB.

Kindly burn all your Bills gear….Thank you. 

Are you okay? Stop embarrassing yourself.

Allow me to inject some positivity. The season is not over even if Milano and Jones are out for the year (which is likely the case although not confirmed from my knowledge).

The Bills have Poona Ford to backfil the loss of Jones. It will be a step down but the Bills unlike last season have a run defending DT on the roster.

Dorian Williams can play for Milano and while there may be some growing pains he is a decent option and if he doesn’t play well they have the trade deadline where I am sure a decent LB can be had.

As far as Tre they have Elam who I think is getting ***** on excessively for this game. Elam has never played in London and was asked to start against a good WR coming off 4 inactives was not going to end well. Elam will get better as he gets more experience and gets coached up by the best secondary coach in the league.

The rest of the injuries don’t appear to be major. Groot and Benford will return and Von’s snap count will increase as well. There also is the trade deadline where the Bills can possibly add a piece if needed.

The Bills sit at 3-2 after a tough five game stretch. They can survive the serious injuries and get right they have a nice stretch of games coming up where they can “get fat” and keep themselves in a good spot for the division 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Frankly, I doubt there are many significant deals to be made at this point. 

I'd like to hear some plausible ones. 

Significant deals are made almost every year before the deadline.  

I don’t even think we need to get crazy and trade away multiple picks for a guy like Surtain, but if needed, we can likely find a CB, LB or DT to bring in.   Just depends what level of player and what Beane is willing to part with…. Day 1 pick blockbuster, Day 2 pick for a good player or Day 3 pick for a decent player rental. 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Are you okay? Stop embarrassing yourself.

To who? People I’ve never met and never will?  Ok. Top advice. Anyway. 

Original poster has valid concerns is all I’ll say. The few of us who have our doubts…had doubts last year and the year before and got hated on and still get hated on with personal attacks. 

Guess I’ll settle for just being right year over year. 

19 minutes ago, Success said:

Let's see how it goes.  We were also missing Groot & Benford today.  When Benford gets back, we don't need to utilize Elam as much, and we're still a solid CB unit.

Milano is a huge loss, if it's the worst.  We still don't know.  I'd bet Beane would be looking at a trade if that's the case.

When there’s an All-Pro on the market, let us know lmao

1 hour ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

He forgot that you can only post overly optimistic opinions while wearing rose colored glasses with a gigantic jug of Dorsey kool-aide at the ready. 

Can you bring us back down to earth and let us all know how the Bills win the SB this year?  

Anxiously waiting your non-answear filled with snarky comebacks and little substance.  🙄 

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize losing your 2nd game in week five eliminates you from the playoffs. 

48 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Significant deals are made almost every year before the deadline.  

I don’t even think we need to get crazy and trade away multiple picks for a guy like Surtain, but if needed, we can likely find a CB, LB or DT to bring in.   Just depends what level of player and what Beane is willing to part with…. Day 1 pick blockbuster, Day 2 pick for a good player or Day 3 pick for a decent player rental. 

Was hoping for more specifics. 

It's a bummer for sure but try not to let it ruin your whole day ya know?

I know we Bills fans are passionate and we want our team to mollywhop everyone but that's not always how it goes. 

It can be easy to forget how good we've had it since 2019 when you look back at some of the more dismal eras in Bills history. It's hard for me to complain about the team given how awesome they've been. Sucks to lose in the playoffs but, I dunno, people who have specific expectations for the team that go unmet and reacting to that by wanting to dismantle the team in all sorts of areas. Something about that feels entitled to me, I guess. 

I used to get pretty wrapped up in it. But sy a certain point the emotions shift. I still get into the games and feel the nerves and anxiety. But when a bummer game happens, I'm not longer pissed off for the rest of the day. I used to get loud and animated. None of that anymore. I dunno if it's like a big picture type of perspective but yeah, just taking it easy and accepting whatever happens makes the losses less poopy. 

Also one time I got so pissed I punched a hole in my brand new guitar case and 15 years later I still feel like an a-hole about it haha. It's nice to be able to relax and still enjoy the team.

Edited by blacklabel

Denver and New England are disgraceful and the Giants lack any punch even if Saquan returns (although it would be nice to play them without him like Miami did). We also have a revenge game vs NYJ.  We play all those teams.  

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

It’s been a lot.  

Losing Tre two years ago.  

Von last year, Hyde in Week 2, plus the Allen UCL injury. 

This year, by Week 5, down Tre and Milano.. awaiting news on Jones. 

Every team goes through it, except KC.  

Ravens have been snakebit with season ending injuries.  Steelers lost Watt a few years ago.  Dolphins with Tua last year.  Bengals lost their top CB early, then dealt with a decimated OL in the playoffs.  

KC lost both starting OTs in the playoffs a few years ago. It cost them the SuperBowl and gave Brady another ring. But otherwise they have seemingly been lucky 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.