Roger Goodell says NFL may add new international host for a game in 2024

T&C

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Goodell's goal has nothing to do with being liked, it's the bottom line for the NFL and nothing else, he's much easier to understand from that lense.

Some things are more important than just money, but I guess that’s life. Screwing retired players w/ CTE and mangled joints over who built the game to what it is now is disgusting to me and nothing will change my mind. 

1 hour ago, maddenboy said:

i think more than 90% of south america is East of buffalo.

It just seems like they are right under us.   nope.

That's fair but the time difference is still much better than the U.K. and Europe if there's anywhere they could expand it'd be there.

I mean seriously you know what the time difference is between San Francisco and a city on the far east of South America? It's 4 hours, yeah that's fine.

I stated when they started the 17 game schedule I believe the final goal is every team has one neutral site game a year, so 16 total games away from true NFL stadiums. I think 4 in England, 6 throughout the rest of Europe, and 3 in Asia and 3 in other portions of Americas.

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

NFL has to wish there was more stability in South America, that'd be an ideal place to be able to expand the league, not needing worry about time zones.

Plenty enough stability in Brazil or Argentina, and a host of other South American countries.

Just not enough interest.

10 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Plenty enough stability in Brazil or Argentina, and a host of other South American countries.

Not only does the interest have to be there but the economics have to be strong as well. The Phillippines has a very strong interest in NBA basketball but the NBA doesn't have many events there due to lack of money in the market. 

The economy at large does not have as much entertainment disposable income as the US, Canada, and Europe and in South America soccer soaks up a lot of the sports attention and money. 

I blame all this on the Bills Toronto series lol.  I get what the NFL is trying to do but honestly I hate this entire London thing already. This is too much for players to travel like that.  Couple that with Thursday games and Monday games.  It's just not fair when other competitors don't have to deal with it too.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Define stability in any of those places... you couldn't pay me to travel there. Have you read the news?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.