Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Valid.

I wonder how the heck this doesn't fall under Unlawful restraint or False imprisonment.

I don't know anything about that, Irish.  I'm thinking purely on an emotional level.  I had the same thoughts regarding COVID lockdowns, when people in leadership positions decreed that people infected with COVID would be barred from visits/comfort from family and loved ones, left to die alone.   

My young son was choking many years ago, and the emotions were running very high as the ***** 911 team dispatched the ambulance to the wrong address.  Thankfully, we cleared it, but I have to tell you---in a scenario where with someone lying in my way, and it's us v them, I have to think I vote us. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Holy cow John, you're an abortion purist?  Abortion to just prior to delivery, no questions asked?

No, I do not believe in that
Someone can believe that a woman has a right to choose, and still believe that there needs to be a situational basis

I’ve always thought that the rule on how many abortions you could actually have a long way when an abortion would be accepted

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

No, I do not believe in that
Someone can believe that a woman has a right to choose, and still believe that there needs to be a situational basis

Ah, you believe in the right to choose, but with sensible restrictions based on your moral or societal standards.  

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’ve always thought that the rule on how many abortions you could actually have a long way when an abortion would be accepted

I don’t know what this means, but it’s sounds troubling.  

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Morons…. Genocide is what Hamas intends to do to Israel. If Israel wanted to do genocide, they would not provide evacuations for civilians, the hospitals would be dust, and Gaza would be flat by now. The Palestinians are martyrs sacrificed by Hamas for their delusional fantasies. The war can end tomorrow if Hamas releases the hostages and lays down their weapons. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ah, you believe in the right to choose, but with sensible restrictions based on your moral or societal standards.  

I don’t know what this means, but it’s sounds troubling.  

To someone that doesn’t believe in women’s rights, it would be troubling

I don’t believe in last minute abortions

I also don’t believe that you should take away a woman’s right to an abortion within limits. Keep in mind that there are people out there, trying to make it so that you can’t get an abortion when raped or for *****

I’ve seen people taking it one step further than that, and trying to take away birth control

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

within limits

you're the minority in your party then.

There are also voices that want to make abortion on demand legal till birth.  like NY

Not having a rape exemption is effing nuts.  but then again, we saw with that ten-year-old rape victim. extremist will travel vs getting the rapist off the streets.

We should have Free and on demand BC. But in turn we should then have free STD screenings and care?  

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

T

I don’t believe in last minute abortions

I also don’t believe that you should take away a woman’s right to an abortion within limits. Keep in mind that there are people out there, trying to make it so that you can’t get an abortion when raped or for *****

I’ve seen people taking it one step further than that, and trying to take away birth control

John, you were talking about multiple abortions like it represents a "Buy 10 Pizzas, Get One Free" card.  That's troubling and has nothing at all to do with my perspective on women's rights.  

I agree with you that abortion needs to be an option for  people to pursue.  It certainly should be an option for people victimized as you've laid out.  Yes, there are people who believe life begins at conception and abortion is always wrong.  There are people who believe abortion to the point of delivery should be an option.  My point is always the same--for people not on the extreme, there are millions of people debating where the right to abort ends, and the law steps in.  There are millions debating what funding should look like, who should pay for what and how.  

I'll say offer one last thought, whether intended or not, your statement "To someone that doesn’t believe in women’s rights, it would be troubling" reflects the arrogance and dismissiveness of the stereotypical modern liberal.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

23 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

John, you were talking about multiple abortions like it represents a "Buy 10 Pizzas, Get One Free" card.  That's troubling and has nothing at all to do with my perspective on women's rights.  

I agree with you that abortion needs to be an option for  people to pursue.  It certainly should be an option for people victimized as you've laid out.  Yes, there are people who believe life begins at conception and abortion is always wrong.  There are people who believe abortion to the point of delivery should be an option.  My point is always the same--for people not on the extreme, there are millions of people debating where the right to abort ends, and the law steps in.  There are millions debating what funding should look like, who should pay for what and how.  

I'll say offer one last thought, whether intended or not, your statement "To someone that doesn’t believe in women’s rights, it would be troubling" reflects the arrogance and dismissiveness of the stereotypical modern liberal.   

When I talk about multiple abortions, I’m thinking in the terms of everybody can makes a mistake, so my usual number in this area is one

I think it is not productive for women to have multiple, because not only is it not good for their body but clearly the lesson has not been learned Use your damn birth control, and think a little bit.

What I mean to say here is that you can have an opinion on this without being totally on one side or the other of the issue

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

When I talk about multiple abortions, I’m thinking in the terms of everybody can makes a mistake, so my usual number in this area is one

I think it is not productive for women to have multiple, because not only is it not good for their body but clearly the lesson has not been learned Use your damn birth control, and think a little bit.

What I mean to say here is that you can have an opinion on this without being totally on one side or the other of the issue

In other words, you support reasonableness. :thumbsup:

54 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Gotcha.  I was under the impression that when counting abortions, your theory was 3 or 4 is ok, but by 5 or 6, you gotta pick up the tab yourself. 

I am just trying to keep it real.  You seem like you're waffling, this whole not being on one side or the other.  You're on a side---the side that favors the government establishing rules about access to abortion, when that option should be available, and when that option transitions from a person's right to choose to a child's right to be born.  

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

In other words, you support reasonableness. :thumbsup:

Yes!  John supports reasonable restrictions--restrictions on onerous government regulations, restrictions on the time frame when a person can have an abortion. 

This is easy when people stop dancing around the truth. 

18 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How about just drop a nuke. It worked for us with Japan. 

Oh... You meant the protesters.  Yeah.  Nuke 'em too. 😏 

Good idea, but I have a friend that needs use that bridge to get to work every day.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is why abortion is such a great thing for men. Who wants to take a shower with a rain coat on? If she gets pregnant make her go to planned parenthood for an abortion.  Abortion may be great for women but it's even better for men who are pigs.

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

This is true than people would like to admit.

China killing, jailing, and sending Uighurs to reeducation camps? Silence.

Armenian genocide by the Turks? Denied and even voted against being recognized by Muslim members of Congress.

Current genocide going on in multiple places in Africa (Darfour, Sudan, etc)? No a *****in peep.

The Muslim world hates Jews/Israel. It's codified in their texts and they're doing a great job with their propaganda and stoking anti-Semitism around the world while they subjugate women and non-believers.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, yall said:

Armenian genocide by the Turks? Denied and even voted against being recognized by Muslim members of Congress.

Current genocide going on in multiple places in Africa (Darfour, Sudan, etc)? No a *****in peep.

The Muslim world hates Jews/Israel. It's codified in their texts and they're doing a great job with their propaganda and stoking anti-Semitism around the world while they subjugate women and non-believers.

My son's girlfriend/likely fiancee is half-Jewish and a Dem and had was ready to breakup with my son several months ago wonder how he could support a party that supposedly hates people (even though he's really an Independent).  She's coming up with him on Tuesday for Thanksgiving.  I'm going to have to ask her what she thinks now.

2 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Hamas has been killing Palestinians for decades.  Hopefully they finally wake up to that fact. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

My son's girlfriend/likely fiancee is half-Jewish and a Dem and had was ready to breakup with my son several months ago wonder how he could support a party that supposedly hates people (even though he's really an Independent).  She's coming up with him on Tuesday for Thanksgiving.  I'm going to have to ask her what she thinks now.

Hamas has been killing Palestinians for decades.  Hopefully they finally wake up to that fact. 

Breaking up with someone simply because they view political issues differently seems like a weird line.  

With luck—while I personally believe true beauty lies within and I’m against objectification generally—-she’s a total smoke show. 

@muppy please weigh in.  I’m right here, correct? 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

57 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Breaking up with someone simply because they view political issues differently seems like a weird line.  

With luck—while I personally believe true beauty lies within and I’m against objectification generally—-she’s a total smoke show. 

Yeah, I thought it was weird considering my son isn’t like that.

I couldn’t resist a return. The “ there is a list” guy made me come back.
it was a freaking calendar! You got a love the elevator shaft being a tunnel too! They are laughing at you. This is what they think of your intellect. Lol Fools. 

and you guys are so morally bankrupt. You can’t even bring it up while I was away. 

“I know what America is,” Netanyahu said. “America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction. They won’t get in the way.”

Edited by Justice
  • Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Ya, nobody was trying to stop that! 

:doh:

6 hours ago, yall said:

What are you saying? You are saying with all those thousands and thousands of deaths, displacements and ethnic cleansing we should just ignore Hamas's terrorism because it was so much smaller (only 1,400 dead) than what happened to Israel? 

If you just go by the numbers, sure, but there is the fact Israel is a fellow democracy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What are you saying? You are saying with all those thousands and thousands of deaths, displacements and ethnic cleansing we should just ignore Hamas's terrorism because it was so much smaller (only 1,400 dead) than what happened to Israel? 

If you just go by the numbers, sure, but there is the fact Israel is a fellow democracy. 

It’s been reduced to 1200. And before y’all attack me I will say 1 is too many. 

30 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Oh gosh.  I can only imagine little baby Billsy yelling “SIMP!”, “FREAK” and “SYSZOP” at passersby from the shadow of the trees. 

If it reproduced, I'm sure baby BSTime needs the light kept on at night because Trump might be under the bed...

• Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, I'm not saying anything even remotely close to that.

What I'm doing is pointing out the complete hypocrisy of the fact that all of these other things happen and go without so much as a comment, let alone people marching in the streets.

It makes one wonder about the motivations.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

sup Leo 🙂 We discussed the idea of objectification before. I called PJ Harvey a Minx (she most certainly is) but more so a hottie self confident flaunter of her mind body and soul. You admired her self confidence.  Im not really sure if you were in any way attracted to her. a smoke show kind of woman could be many different forms. Eye of the beholder and all of that. I digress I dont think you are a male pig or someone who would be swayed by looks one way or the other.

to the bolded I think romantic relationships are complicated. For example if my partner and myself were so well suited physically and emotionally I doubt politics would have that great an impact. Maybe it depends on the devoutnesss of someones convictions . And wether it infringe on the family and marriage in some tangible way.

my bestie Luppy from batavia is married to one of the most conservative pro Trump guys around. She NEVER posts on his feed. It is kept completely separate.

kind of like me and my buffalo bills fandom and hubby an equal fascination with His alma mater Notre Dame. s football.

if it works and you're happy, all peace and love bro 🙂

Happy Thanksgiving 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, yall said:

No, I'm not saying anything even remotely close to that.

What I'm doing is pointing out the complete hypocrisy of the fact that all of these other things happen and go without so much as a comment, let alone people marching in the streets.

It makes one wonder about the motivations.

So your contention is it’s fueled by hate? Specifically antisemitism? Correct? I mean no word about the Congo right? No word about Darfur? So it must be religiously motivated? Can it be because the US and Israel hold themselves in the highest of regards and when they get caught in their BS ppl like to point it out? Can it be because of that? You think the world doesn’t get sick of the west proclaiming superiority? I concede it can be based on hate. Can you concede it can be based on other issues? 

• Vomit 1

13 minutes ago, Justice said:

So your contention is it’s fueled by hate? Specifically antisemitism? Correct? I mean no word about the Congo right? No word about Darfur? So it must be religiously motivated? Can it be because the US and Israel hold themselves in the highest of regards and when they get caught in their BS ppl like to point it out? Can it be because of that? You think the world doesn’t get sick of the west proclaiming superiority? I concede it can be based on hate. Can you concede it can be based on other issues? 

Why don’t you move to Gaza if you love it so much and your hatred for this country?