Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

and I'm guessing she doesn't care about re election.  that's good.  she's dumb.

She represents one of the most liberal districts in the nation. One that has a sizable contingent of her fellow Somalis. She can say whatever she wants about Jews and not have a care in the world about it. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

Friends say Malley’s return from exile is no surprise, given Malley’s expertise and key beliefs he shares with Obama, including pragmatism and a willingness to seek common ground with enemies. “Rob brings a fundamentally realpolitik perspective to his job, and that’s well suited to the president’s worldview,” says one former colleague. “He’s capable of holding his nose.”

In that spirit, Malley has counseled Obama that, however despicable Assad may be, the U.S. has more urgent goals than fulfilling Obama’s vow that Assad be removed from power. Malley does not favor an outright partnership with Assad against the Islamic State, according to sources familiar with his thinking. But, as the former colleague put it: “He’s more inclined than some others to be flexible on the question of Assad’s durability.” 

so maybe his policy was totally wrong.  did he share Israeli secrets with the Russians?

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

there is a lot of crazy shite in this thread. 

there's a lot of crazy shite happening...

11 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

She represents one of the most liberal districts in the nation. One that has a sizable contingent of her fellow Somalis. She can say whatever she wants about Jews and not have a care in the world about it. 

https://datausa.io/profile/geo/congressional-district-5-mn.  yeah it's liberal but not a shoe in for her...

The 5 largest ethnic groups in Congressional District 5, MN are White (Non-Hispanic) (62.1%), Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (17%), Asian (Non-Hispanic) (5.89%), Two+ (Non-Hispanic) (4.2%), and Other (Hispanic) (4.08%).

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Friends say Malley’s return from exile is no surprise, given Malley’s expertise and key beliefs he shares with Obama, including pragmatism and a willingness to seek common ground with enemies. “Rob brings a fundamentally realpolitik perspective to his job, and that’s well suited to the president’s worldview,” says one former colleague. “He’s capable of holding his nose.”

In that spirit, Malley has counseled Obama that, however despicable Assad may be, the U.S. has more urgent goals than fulfilling Obama’s vow that Assad be removed from power. Malley does not favor an outright partnership with Assad against the Islamic State, according to sources familiar with his thinking. But, as the former colleague put it: “He’s more inclined than some others to be flexible on the question of Assad’s durability.” 

so maybe his policy was totally wrong.  did he share Israeli secrets with the Russians?

there's a lot of crazy shite happening...

https://datausa.io/profile/geo/congressional-district-5-mn.  yeah it's liberal but not a shoe in for her...

The 5 largest ethnic groups in Congressional District 5, MN are White (Non-Hispanic) (62.1%), Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (17%), Asian (Non-Hispanic) (5.89%), Two+ (Non-Hispanic) (4.2%), and Other (Hispanic) (4.08%).

You obviously don’t know much about the Twin Cities though I imagine now you will go off on a tangent about juicy Lucy‘s and Mary Tyler Moore. She’s won three times with 78, 64, 74% of the vote. Her antisemitism hasn’t been a secret during any of those campaigns. She’s a shoe in.

Edited by JDHillFan
Punctuation error
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

please interpret without jargon and ambiguity.  IC is intelligence community.  ISR is what's discussed here:  https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/ISR/.  what is meant by the rest?  connect the dots....

Sorry about that. It's the three-letter code for Israel, often used in military/Intel world.

I was not using the acronym in the Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance meaning.

29 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I think it is quite correct.

I was trying to be polite.

Your position is that Israel "does not share information beyond a basic level". This is utterly false, tactically, operationally and strategically.

See open source reporting re the early demise of Imad Mughniyeh as one example.

To be clear: I have enormous respect and admiration for the many relevant Israelis/institutions that I worked with.

Indeed, I was often at odds w certain US IC entities b/c we were not sharing enough with them! There are biases that are difficult to overcome.

If the above does not suffice, then regretfully I can't spell it out any more clearly.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

See open source reporting re the early demise of Imad Mughniyeh as one example.

lots to unpack but guessing this is your point (from wiki)

Newsweek reported that in 2007 Mossad's director general, Meir Dagan, tipped the CIA off about the location of Mughniyeh in Kafr Sousa, Damascus.[71]The two Mossad agents had the roles of monitoring his movements and confirming Mughniyeh's identity using advanced facial recognition technology, while the CIA officer later detonated the bomb.[11][72]

13 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Yes, we rely on their intelligence so much.  There is just some batty stuff said in this thread

Agree.  I normally don't do this, but if this doesn't calm down a little, I'm going to pull the Moderator card and shut down the thread.   

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

That's not entirely true.  I in no way support Hamas and their attacks.  They are targeting civilians, and among them many women and children.  That's awful, and the completely wrong way to go about trying to fight for their freedom.

My issue is that both sides of this are committing war crimes, but here in the US, we only call out Palestinians for it.  Israel has been murdering civilians for decades, imprisoning people indefinitely, and lobbing bombs across the border and killing whoever may be in the area.  Both sides are awful here, and have been for years.

Hamas is a terrorist group. they are beheading children while laughing about it, babies!, raping and killing women, then parading their dead bodies around the streets, burning elderly women alive, and then posting the ***** on social media. This isn’t collateral damage from unfortunate warfare it’s mid-evil barbarism and genocide.

they busted in, invaded Israel and kidnapped and killed hundreds and hundreds of civilians. 

listen to their propaganda- it’s not free our selves or claim some land back, it’s kill every last Jew on the planet. They have no purpose other than to kill or be killed. 

these people are the most cruel violent and savage actors we have seen. 

They deserve what’s coming now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

You are a moderator!?? 

I asked in the customer service section who the moderators are. This is good to know

I just ask everyone to take a deep breath.  We're all friends here despite our different viewpoints.  No need to shut down the thread if we treat each other with respect.    

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They expected to find live bodies in the morgue????  I don't get it.  This is a war started by these guys.  

Edited by Irv

19 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hamas is a terrorist group. they are beheading children while laughing about it, babies!, raping and killing women, then parading their dead bodies around the streets, burning elderly women alive, and then posting the ***** on social media. This isn’t collateral damage from unfortunate warfare it’s mid-evil barbarism and genocide.

they busted in, invaded Israel and kidnapped and killed hundreds and hundreds of civilians. 

listen to their propaganda- it’s not free our selves or claim some land back, it’s kill every last Jew on the planet. They have no purpose other than to kill or be killed. 

Hamas's charter says they will not negotiate a settled peace with Israel. And their stated goal is the death of every jew and the destruction of Israel as a nation. 

Demanding that Israel negotiate a two state solution with such a political entity is the definition of insanity. 

And these types of attacks nothing new. They've used a long standing strategy to provoke Israel into attacking Hamas targets with the hopes of Israel killing as many Palestinian civilians as possible.

They literally want to sacrifice enough dead Palestinian civilians that the world will turn against Israel and give them enough support to destroy Israel as a nation. 

These are not poor oppressed people acting out of decades of frustration. This is a murderous evil force intentionally bringing death and destruction on their own people with the hopes of gaining enough support so that they can once and for all destroy Israel and kill all of the Jews. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Irv said:

I just ask everyone to take a deep breath.  We're all friends here despite our different viewpoints.  No need to shut down the thread if we treat each other with respect.    

I respect the call for peace in our time.  That said, if you were a cat, @SUNY_amherst would be the ball of yarn. 

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The world really has gone mad! 🤩

Just keep it civil and I won't need to take action.  Unlike these other guys, I respect free speech and welcome others' opinions.  I let a lot of things go here.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I am no ball of yarn, Irving. 

It's "Irwin" Irwin B. Weinstein.  Thank you.  I thought you'd have more respect for my position of power.  

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, yall said:

That's probably a naive view as many have noted.

Even though that 6 billion is effectively in escrow for payments to 3rd parties for humanitarian aid, Iran in all probability will just reallocate funds that would have been set aside for aid to terror related activities.

Wouldn't they only be able to do that with money that they would normally spend on humanitarian aid?

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

This is evil that we’ve never before seen in the technology age. 

It’s existed since the dawn of man, but never before has it been exploited by those perpetuating the evil.  

I have sympathy for the innocent Palestinians.. I have no f****ing clue why now is the time for people to protest/cheer in support of Palestine, days after we witnessed the furthest depths of evil that the human spirit is capable of. 

Actually… I do know why…. It’s hatred of Jews.  Not support of Palestine. 

I can understand why people are worried about the people of Palestine right now. Obviously any sane decent person wants all of these horrible things to stop. The people that aren't a part of this that are there are in a terrible situation right now. They're surrounded by people engaged in psychotic and savage behavior. With Israel, people feel for Israel it's an unimaginable tragedy but they also know Israel isn't crippled, they're not destroyed. They're hurting but they still have a powerful military. Israel has every right to defend itself and take action against this threat and importantly to get those people back. I can see people being worried about Palestine though because Israel is in pain and they're angry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

hey man, easy for you to say.. I have literally been banned 8 times and I haven't even been here a year. I need to tread carefully with board moderators. Irv seems cool though

I got your back!  In fact, I have everyone's back.  Never banned anybody or given out a penalty point despite some obnoxious behaviour.    Well, not necessarily true.  Have dropped the hammer with a few penalty points a little while ago.  They got the message.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

hey man, easy for you to say.. I have literally been banned 8 times and I haven't even been here a year. I need to tread carefully with board moderators. Irv seems cool though

That speaks very poorly about everyone else. You are a victim!

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Right, I honestly don't disagree with anything you said.  Hamas will hopefully get what's coming to them, and I am almost certain they will. 

My point being, while heinous, Israel has been doing similar things to Palestine for decades.  Maybe not to such extremes, but they have killed thousands and thousands of Palestinians, so I can at least understand why people would join Hamas in that region.  Now, how they can then commit some of the atrocities I have no idea, specially to civilians, and children.  Wanting revenge I think is almost a basic human emotion.  But to commit that revenge in such an extreme way against people who individually have nothing to do with the atrocities, I have no idea how anyone ever gets to that level of extremism.

45 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

image.png.e86ee935981aa27225af849bc67fc944.png

NO! 

So despite having a military with tanks and planes North Korea is going to launch a guerilla attack like Hamas across the most heavily defended border in the world? I mean it might be interesting to see them try and ride those bikes across the minefield.

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They're ballsy as hell.

47 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I've never been banned.  Thanks @Irv.  you coulda.  I had 1 warning message and no points (not from you).  I'll try to calm it down a bit to avoid it.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1

I wasn’t aware of this maneuvering by Israel until today

For years, Netanyahu propped up Hamas. Now it’s blown up in our faces

“Additionally, since 2014, Netanyahu-led governments have practically turned a blind eye to the incendiary balloons and rocket fire from Gaza.

Meanwhile, Israel has allowed suitcases holding millions in Qatari cash to enter Gaza through its crossings since 2018, in order to maintain its fragile ceasefire with the Hamas rulers of the Strip.

Most of the time, Israeli policy was to treat the Palestinian Authority as a burden and Hamas as an asset. Far-right MK Bezalel Smotrich, now the finance minister in the hardline government and leader of the Religious Zionism party, said so himself in 2015.

According to various reports, Netanyahu made a similar point at a Likud faction meeting in early 2018, when he was quoted as saying that those who oppose a Palestinian state should support the transfer of funds to Gaza, because maintaining the separation between the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza would prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state.”

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So despite having a military with tanks and planes North Korea is going to launch a guerilla attack like Hamas across the most heavily defended border in the world? I mean it might be interesting to see them try and ride those bikes across the minefield.

They're ballsy as hell.

They're fanatics.  I always wonder about religious zealots that believe some imaginary guy in the sky is telling them to kill people.  It's irrational in a few ways.  First off, why should I break moral, ethical, and legal standards of behavior under those circumstances?  I mean, show yourself if that's what you expect.  Second, if there is some all-powerful supreme being that wants to kill people it's perfectly within his power to do it himself so you can just leave me out of it.  Thirdly, if you wanted to eliminate some undesirable group why did you put them here in the first place? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I wasn’t aware of this maneuvering by Israel until today

For years, Netanyahu propped up Hamas. Now it’s blown up in our faces

“Additionally, since 2014, Netanyahu-led governments have practically turned a blind eye to the incendiary balloons and rocket fire from Gaza.

Meanwhile, Israel has allowed suitcases holding millions in Qatari cash to enter Gaza through its crossings since 2018, in order to maintain its fragile ceasefire with the Hamas rulers of the Strip.

Most of the time, Israeli policy was to treat the Palestinian Authority as a burden and Hamas as an asset. Far-right MK Bezalel Smotrich, now the finance minister in the hardline government and leader of the Religious Zionism party, said so himself in 2015.

According to various reports, Netanyahu made a similar point at a Likud faction meeting in early 2018, when he was quoted as saying that those who oppose a Palestinian state should support the transfer of funds to Gaza, because maintaining the separation between the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza would prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state.”

That article paints a rather dark picture.