Rich Eisen on The Mafia traveling to London

BisonMan

Bills reporters in London have said they see Bills fans everywhere, all over London.  and they said they didnt see any JAGS jerseys  anywhere

15 minutes ago, Lafromboise said:

He seems very annoyed..

I thought he sounded astounded and most impressed with Bills Mafia

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

How much of the crowd could we realistically have?

A quick scroll on Twitter has account after account saying London is flooded with Bills fans.  

I know a typical London game will have quite a bit of of British fans wearing random team gear. 

Is there a segment of tickets reserved for overseas folks?  Or could this truly become a pseudo-home game?

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

He seems very annoyed..

He's annoyed because the jet lag from eastern US to UK particularly sucks. And, as for the massive presence of Bills Mafia, it was less of a surprise and more like "Well, what the ***** did you expect??".

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

How much of the crowd could we realistically have?

A quick scroll on Twitter has account after account saying London is flooded with Bills fans.  

I know a typical London game will have quite a bit of of British fans wearing random team gear. 

Is there a segment of tickets reserved for overseas folks?  Or could this truly become a pseudo-home game?

my uncle is there now for the game, and made it sound like pretty much all STH’ers got dibs to purchase/reserve tickets before the general public (although, obviously, a bunch would be held back for the well-connected, local people and organizations, etc)

Edited by RiotAct

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

my uncle is there now for the game, and made it sound like pretty much all STH’ers got dibs to purchase/reserve tickets before the general public (although, obviously, a bunch would be held back for the well-connected, local people and organizations, etc)

I don’t remember but I don’t think I ever got a ST option to buy tix for this game. I pretty much figured out very early I wouldn’t be going to the game so I admittedly didn’t pay much attention to it. But I don’t think it was offered. Can anyone else confirm? 

22 minutes ago, mrags said:

I don’t remember but I don’t think I ever got a ST option to buy tix for this game. I pretty much figured out very early I wouldn’t be going to the game so I admittedly didn’t pay much attention to it. But I don’t think it was offered. Can anyone else confirm? 

I remember getting emails about buying tickets but can't remember the details if it was ahead of the general public, or maybe through the NFL On Location.  I also knew I wasn't going to make the trip, so I just deleted them. 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

You're right.  All season ticket holders got was a chance to participate in an online sale a couple days before sales began to general public.  A limited number of tickets.  When I went online, there over 100,000 people ahead of me, so it obviously wasnt just season ticket holders.  Somehow, I still got a chance, but they have some weird credit card rules and I timed out without getting anything. It was awful.  There were NO tickets reserved strictly for season ticket holders.  

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Bills reporters in London have said they see Bills fans everywhere, all over London.  and they said they didnt see any JAGS jerseys  anywhere

I thought he sounded astounded and most impressed with Bills Mafia

Yes, but he was very annoyed with fellow passengers who were .....talking to each other

Rich, three words for you....Noise Cancelling Headphones.  Or EAR protectors.  Control what you can control.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yes, but he was very annoyed with fellow passengers who were .....talking to each other

Rich, three words for you....Noise Cancelling Headphones.  Or EAR protectors.  Control what you can control.

People talking to each other?  How dare they.  Don't they stare at their phones like everyone else?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

You're right.  All season ticket holders got was a chance to participate in an online sale a couple days before sales began to general public.  A limited number of tickets.  When I went online, there over 100,000 people ahead of me, so it obviously wasnt just season ticket holders.  Somehow, I still got a chance, but they have some weird credit card rules and I timed out without getting anything. It was awful.  There were NO tickets reserved strictly for season ticket holders.  

Same.  There was a special sale for STH but it was no better than the general public sale….. my place in line for that was 242,000.  Ticketmaster US and UK is a joke. 

So I overpaid on secondary market and type this from London.  Rumors are true Bills fans everywhere. Went to 3 bars last night and everyone was full of Mafia. So far I’ve seen 2 Jags fans.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.