T&C

My '24 lineup so far, it's shaping up pretty nicely

Thursday - Big Head Todd at Ardmore Music Hall
March 4 - Phil Lesh 84th birthday show at the Capital with his "Q" lineup

June 12 - Pixies, Modest Mouse & Cat Power at the Mann in Philly

June 14 - Dead & Company at the Sphere

September 27 - Ween at the Mann in Philly

• Like (+1) 1

Got tix for Foo Fighters in Raleigh NC for 5/7.  And I hope tomorrow to procure tix for Silversun Pickups here in Richmond VA on 5/5.  

That's it so far.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Love silversun pickups, where are they playing?  National?

6 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Got tix for Foo Fighters in Raleigh NC for 5/7.  And I hope tomorrow to procure tix for Silversun Pickups here in Richmond VA on 5/5.  

That's it so far.

• Like (+1) 1

Neil Young and Crazy Horse 2024 Love Earth American tour Dates:

Apr 24 – San Diego, CA @ Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre
Apr 25 – San Diego, CA @ Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre
Apr 27 – Phoenix, AZ @ Talking Stick Resort Amphitheatre
May 1 – Austin, TX @ Germania Insurance Amphitheater
May 2 – Dallas, TX @ Dos Equis Pavilion
May 5 – Huntsville, AL @ Orion Amphitheater
May 7 – Atlanta, GA @ Ameris Bank Amphitheatre
May 8 – Franklin, TN @ FirstBank Amphitheater
May 11 – Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live
May 12 – Camden, NJ @ Freedom Mortgage Pavilion
May 14 – Queens, NY @ Forest Hills Stadium
May 17 – Mansfield, MA @ Xfinity Center
May 18 – Bridgeport, CT @ Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater
May 20 – Toronto, ON @ Budweiser Stage
May 22 – Clarkston, MI @ Pine Knob Music Theatre
May 23 – Chicago, IL @ Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just put in a ticket request for Pearl Jam in Portland, OR on May 10th.

Would normally try for the two Seattle shows at the end of the month, too, but will already be in Vegas for Dead and Co at The Sphere on those dates.

The Ten Club tickets are $185 a piece. Such a number should be shocking, but unfortunately, it's not. I fear the days of getting into a concert for any big time band for less than $150 a ticket are over.

17 hours ago, T&C said:

This is the closest one to me, would love to see him, but I've heard getting in and out of this place is a nightmare.  

3 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

This is the closest one to me, would love to see him, but I've heard getting in and out of this place is a nightmare.  

Been to many music venues all over the planet and this is the only place I will not return. Not even if Garcia, Hendrix, Joplin, and Bonham resurrected.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

I fear the days of getting into a concert for any big time band for less than $150 a ticket are over.

I've gotten burned out on big shows anyway. When the cheap seats are $150, you end up watching a band on the screen unless you pay big bucks for good seats. We've been doing a lot of local shows, some cheap, some free (we always put money in the tip bucket), but great live music, no crowds, and sometimes in parks where you can bring in your own food, drinks, and lawn chairs. It's laid back, close to home, you get three hours of great tunes, and you're supporting up-and-coming artists instead of millionaires. Also, no big crowds, easy parking, and no post-show traffic jams.

I still like the major bands, but if I'm gonna watch them on a screen, I'll do it from my couch.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Aldo Nova with Honeymoon Suite cancelled their Feb 23rd show in Rome, NY.  Rumor is poor ticket sales.  

Guess HE won’t be livin’ the fantasy life. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Thx all for the ‘24 concert info. Got tix for Dead & Co at The Sphere, Neil Young & Crazy Horse’s last show in Chicago, and FloydFest at the end of July. Already had tix for Nickel Creek in Durham and Joe Jackson in Va Beach in ‘24.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/12/2024 at 1:07 PM, The Poojer said:

My '24 lineup so far, it's shaping up pretty nicely

Thursday - Big Head Todd at Ardmore Music Hall
March 4 - Phil Lesh 84th birthday show at the Capital with his "Q" lineup

June 12 - Pixies, Modest Mouse & Cat Power at the Mann in Philly

June 14 - Dead & Company at the Sphere

September 27 - Ween at the Mann in Philly

You have some good stuff there. I'll caution you on Modest Mouse though. The UB show was a crapfest. I got worried when the opener and guitarist both made a point of pumping up the crowd and telling us what a great show we were in for. No need to do that if the show is going to be great. Brock came out and started to slur his way through the songs. He was awful. Also the sound was garbage. I happened to be there with the guy who did the sound system for the room. He said they must've brought in their own sound people because the regular crew was top notch. This crew had it distorted and imbalanced - and too loud. We walked out about 30 minutes in to the show. Brock actually yelled at us "Where are you going?" I will forever be angry at myself for not flipping him off. It was literally the worst concert I've ever been to. I told a buddy about it and he said, "Yeah. I didn't want to say anything when you told me you were going, but that's pretty much how it was when I saw them a couple years ago. But you already had your tickets."

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Looking into going to see Vampire Weekend at Red Rocks on June 19th. If anyone has seen them I'd appreciate hearing your opinion of them in concert.

I have insider feedback  but not the kind you need. My son played in a warmup act called Cults at one of their shows. Suffice

it to say t was not HIS style of music and he was NOT into it.  He was turned off and Usually he is very forgiving  tolerant of others artistic endeavors kind of stuff.

Im not sure why. Are you a big fan?

54 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Looking into going to see Vampire Weekend at Red Rocks on June 19th. If anyone has seen them I'd appreciate hearing your opinion of them in concert.

GREAT venue,  I would recommend being able to attend a show at Red Rocks amphitheater in Morrison CO at least once in your life if possible. . Wear comfortable shoes and prepare to hike.

City lights behind the stage sheer cliffs of red rock on each side it is a WOW kind of deal. ENJOY!

m

Edited by muppy

Just now, muppy said:

I have insider feedback  but not the kind you need. My son played in a warmup act called Cults at one of their shows. Suffice

it to say t was not HIS style of music and he was NOT into it.  He was turned off and Usually he is very forgiving  tolerant of others artistic endeavors kind of stuff.

Im not sure why. Are you a big fan?

Thanks for the feedback. I like their stuff and the wife is a big fan. My brother lives in Denver so getting to visit him is a big bonus for me. Also Red Rocks is the nicest venue I've ever seen for a concert so that's a plus.

• Like (+1) 2

Just Added JRAD at the Stone Pony to my concert itinerary.  Great band, iconic venue.  It was between Stone Pony and Pier 6(?) in Baltimore, saw Billy & The Kids there last year.  Opted for Stone Pony

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, T&C said:

2 hours ago, LeviF said:

Total bullsh!t and 100% cover band. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://britpackusa.com/

Went to see Brit Pack last night in a very small venue (Park Theater in Glens Falls).

They’re a cover band who plays only British rock - and they do it very well. 

The vocalist has a ridiculous range and is also great on the keyboard. 

Incredibly tight and incredibly talented. 

They tour all over the country and we only paid $20/ticket. 

They were very entertaining from beginning to end and I highly recommend checking them out. 

Caught Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit last Saturday night in Saint Paul with the wifey.  Really enjoyed the live version of Miles off the 2023 Weathervanes album.  A great show with mix of classics and the new stuff.

Here it is from another venue last summer..

Edited by JoeF

Just learned that Dweezil will be playing at my local venue celebrating the Apostrophe and Roxy Live albums - happy to see that whatever legal impediments to playing Frank's music have been overcome. Dweezil has always been cool about highlighting his Dad's albums from anniversary years and these were both from 1974. Can't wait.

And then I have a conundrum. On May 3 I had every intention of seeing Queensryche and Armored Saint at the same local venue as Dweezil with my heavy metal friends. Just found out that the Scofflaws (local ska band with a modicum of success but mostly unknown) will be playing the same night at a local bar.  There's a venn diagram of friends who would go to both, gotta figure that one out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10cc... 1st American tour in over 30 years. If this were anywhere near here I'd for sure check it out.

Gouldman is the only founding member to appear on every 10cc project, but the current lineup includes two other legacy members: Drummer Paul Burgess initially came on board in 1973 as a touring member before officially joining in time for 1977's Deceptive Bends. Guitarist Rick Finn arrived shortly thereafter, performing on 10cc's 1977 concert recording Live and Let Live.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/10cc-ultimate-ultimate-greatest-hits-tour/

July 24: Montclair, NJ @ Welmont Theatre
July 25: New York, NY @ Sony Hall
July 26: Patchogue, NY @ Patchogue Theatre
July 27: Glenside, PA @ Keswick Theatre
July 29: Ocean City, NJ @ Ocean City Music Pier
July 30: Kent, OH @ Kent Stage
Aug. 1: St. Charles, IL @ The Arcada Theatre
Aug. 2: Milwaukee, WI @ Pabst Theater
Aug. 3: St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
Aug. 4: Cincinnati, OH @ Ludlow Garage
Aug. 5: Indianapolis, IN @ Toby Theater at Newfields
Aug. 6: Nashville, TN @ Brooklyn Bowl Nashville
Aug. 8: Dallas, TX @ Majestic Theatre
Aug. 9: San Antonio, TX @ Empire Theatre
Aug. 10: Austin, TX @ ACL Live at Moody Theater
Aug. 12: Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theater
Aug. 15: Los Angeles, CA @ The United Theater on Broadway
Aug. 17: San Francisco, CA @ Palace of Fine Arts

22 minutes ago, T&C said:

10cc... 1st American tour in over 30 years. If this were anywhere near here I'd for sure check it out.

Gouldman is the only founding member to appear on every 10cc project, but the current lineup includes two other legacy members: Drummer Paul Burgess initially came on board in 1973 as a touring member before officially joining in time for 1977's Deceptive Bends. Guitarist Rick Finn arrived shortly thereafter, performing on 10cc's 1977 concert recording Live and Let Live.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/10cc-ultimate-ultimate-greatest-hits-tour/

July 24: Montclair, NJ @ Welmont Theatre
July 25: New York, NY @ Sony Hall
July 26: Patchogue, NY @ Patchogue Theatre
July 27: Glenside, PA @ Keswick Theatre
July 29: Ocean City, NJ @ Ocean City Music Pier
July 30: Kent, OH @ Kent Stage
Aug. 1: St. Charles, IL @ The Arcada Theatre
Aug. 2: Milwaukee, WI @ Pabst Theater
Aug. 3: St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
Aug. 4: Cincinnati, OH @ Ludlow Garage
Aug. 5: Indianapolis, IN @ Toby Theater at Newfields
Aug. 6: Nashville, TN @ Brooklyn Bowl Nashville
Aug. 8: Dallas, TX @ Majestic Theatre
Aug. 9: San Antonio, TX @ Empire Theatre
Aug. 10: Austin, TX @ ACL Live at Moody Theater
Aug. 12: Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theater
Aug. 15: Los Angeles, CA @ The United Theater on Broadway
Aug. 17: San Francisco, CA @ Palace of Fine Arts

Someone posted this in a music thread awhile back. A great version of of the original (1975)  by (presumably some) band members in 2011

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/13/2024 at 10:06 PM, T&C said:

Apr 24 – San Diego, CA @ Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre
Apr 25 – San Diego, CA @ Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre
Apr 27 – Phoenix, AZ @ Talking Stick Resort Amphitheatre
May 1 – Austin, TX @ Germania Insurance Amphitheater
May 2 – Dallas, TX @ Dos Equis Pavilion
May 5 – Huntsville, AL @ Orion Amphitheater
May 7 – Atlanta, GA @ Ameris Bank Amphitheatre
May 8 – Franklin, TN @ FirstBank Amphitheater
May 12 – Camden, NJ @ Freedom Mortgage Pavilion
May 14 – Queens, NY @ Forest Hills Stadium
May 17 – Mansfield, MA @ Xfinity Center
May 18 – Bridgeport, CT @ Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater
May 20 – Toronto, ON @ Budweiser Stage
May 22 – Clarkston, MI @ Pine Knob Music Theatre
May 23 – Chicago, IL @ Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island

Is it true all attendees must show proof of Vax? Asking for a ny Jets qb 

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, just added Jeff Lynne's ELO in Philly and Beat(Tony Levin, Adrian Belew, Steve Vai and Danny Carey) doing King Crimson in Keswick PA in October. I'm going broke with concert tix

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

Welp, just added Jeff Lynne's ELO in Philly and Beat(Tony Levin, Adrian Belew, Steve Vai and Danny Carey) doing King Crimson in Keswick PA in October. I'm going broke with concert tix

Just checked King Crimson....$300

Buddy bought our tickets, i saw those prices and told him my ceiling is $70+fees based on keswick face value.  No idea what he paid, but he said he's only charging me my ceiling price.

On 4/5/2024 at 1:29 PM, nucci said:

Just checked King Crimson....$300

• Like (+1) 1