Friends the Oline has arrived…

78thealltimegreat

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well if this isn’t a nice change

IMG_6597.jpeg

Both new guards are playing well, we have a next man up inside in bates.  Edwards as an extra blocker and depth piece.  A backup T who has played in the league before quite a bit.  And a couple young depth pieces in anderson and Van Demark who show a lot more potential than Bobby Hart and Van Roten.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Our grandkids will ask us "Papa, where were you when you heard that PFF gave the Buffalo Bills a 100 grade after week 4"

and I'll proudly say

i have no idea

Not many posts make me literally LOL, but this one did.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Both new guards are playing well, we have a next man up inside in bates.  Edwards as an extra blocker and depth piece.  A backup T who has played in the league before quite a bit.  And a couple young depth pieces in anderson and Van Demark who show a lot more potential than Bobby Hart and Van Roten.  

I was shocked to see Van Rotten play so well for the Raiders. We didn’t hear much of the DL that day, but Jimmy G also seems like he’s willing to throw an INT than take a sack. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dawkins, who was a question mark coming into the season, has really upped his game to a new level, and O'Cyrus Torrence, who obviously should have been a first round pick, thankfully fell to us in the second round.

These two things have made all the difference in increasing the O-line's performance, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

I was shocked to see Van Rotten play so well for the Raiders. We didn’t hear much of the DL that day, but Jimmy G also seems like he’s willing to throw an INT than take a sack. 

I just remember him as an absolute liability when i saw him play.  

1 minute ago, Special K said:

Dawkins, who was a question mark coming into the season, has really upped his game to a new level, and O'Cyrus Torrence, who obviously should have been a first round pick, thankfully fell to us in the second round.

These two things have made all the difference in increasing the O-line's performance, IMO.

Yeah, dawkins has a bit of a frumpy body shape.  But he did come into this year looking more... functionally heavy than just heavy.  Arms look bigger, looks quicker.  

This is to me the biggest difference in what the offense is able to accomplish - actually both lines are setting the tone this year- the guard position upgrades just completely solidified the entire o-line. It's early October so I won't get to ahead of myself but so far I have enjoyed watching us push around and manipulate to attack the strongest defenders and just neutralize them.

22 minutes ago, Special K said:

Yup - Sometimes teams just overthink it.  Torrence was the consensus best IOL in the Draft, yet dropped because he lacks positional flexibility.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yup - Sometimes teams just overthink it.  Torrence was the consensus best IOL in the Draft, yet dropped because he lacks positional flexibility.  

It would have been a coup to take Dawand Jones in the 3rd.  Missed out on that one.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They have played really well. Even week 1 against the Jets the problem was definitively NOT the offensive line. Dion is playing his best football in 2 or 3 years, the two guards are significant upgrades on the turnstile and career backup they replaced, Mitch Morse is who he is, and Spencer Brown is more like rookie Spencer Brown where he has some pass pro wobbles but is dominating in the run game than the complete mess he was in 2022. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.