Friends the Oline has arrived…

78thealltimegreat

On 10/4/2023 at 11:52 AM, Beast said:

I agree. I have been vocal about my displeasure in Dawkins play but I have zipped my lips so far since the season has started. He has been playing great and hope he keeps it up.

When a rookie started getting the attention Dawkins used to get it likely got his attention. 

9 hours ago, Special K said:

I don’t think I am.

I made a post saying that the improved play of Dawkins and the drafting of Torrence is what put this OL over the top, and made them a much more effective OL.

Then some joker slaps a red X on my post, basically implies I’m an idiot, and tries to convince me that the signing of McGovern and the “supposed “ improvement of Brown is the reason the OL is more effective.

He’s wrong, so I defended my opinion.

Obviously, all four of these factors are a part of why the OL is more effective, but it’s pretty clear to me that the actual improved play of Dawkins and the drafting of Torrence was more important to the improvement of the OL than the signing of McGovern and the supposed improvement of Brown.

What’s to be confused about?

Perhaps its me then :)

I cant get back that far to find the original text of what you responded to  sorry Buddy , sincerely.
as for my opinion, the Oline is the sum of its parts and Coaching. Dorsey and Kromer being on the same page.

Bringing in McGovern ahs been a boon, That has improved Dawkins and Morse. Brining in Torrence has improved Brown and Morse. Keeping Bates is very solid and Edwards was another good move. Having 12 personnel has improved effectiveness against the pass rush (see Maxx Crosby )

again sorry i lost track of the string.

9 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

One might conclude that DD is playing better because he has a real NFL guard to his right side and doesn’t have to keep track of what he is or isn’t doing all game long,  and of course Our new 2nd rounder is a major reason that Brown is doing better,  both of those guards are why Morse is more consistent, it’s a “ one hand washes the other” sort of deal, jmo of course, 

Oh

yes This

beat me to it again and with more clarity of message 😇

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Perhaps its me then :)

I cant get back that far to find the original text of what you responded to  sorry Buddy , sincerely.
as for my opinion, the Oline is the sum of its parts and Coaching. Dorsey and Kromer being on the same page.

Bringing in McGovern ahs been a boon, That has improved Dawkins and Morse. Brining in Torrence has improved Brown and Morse. Keeping Bates is very solid and Edwards was another good move. Having 12 personnel has improved effectiveness against the pass rush (see Maxx Crosby )

again sorry i lost track of the string.

You’ve got nothing to apologize for as far as I am concerned...didn’t mean for my post to sound like a slight towards you....

As far as the O-line is concerned, whatever the reason, honestly I am just happy they are playing so well!!

The O is firing on all cylinders, and that all starts with the OL.

Go Bills!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/4/2023 at 11:25 AM, BlazinBill said:

This is to me the biggest difference in what the offense is able to accomplish - actually both lines are setting the tone this year- the guard position upgrades just completely solidified the entire o-line. It's early October so I won't get to ahead of myself but so far I have enjoyed watching us push around and manipulate to attack the strongest defenders and just neutralize them.

Yup

Key to NFL wins= control the trenches, have a good qb.    Cannot go far without both of those things.  

11 hours ago, julian said:

The disagreements have now dwindled down to “why the oline is crushing it”

Amazing times right now.

The O Line has Arrived.

Its no small adjustment as a Bills Fan to accept it. And our Boy Hero J Allen is working it !

We have 3 capable running backs. This also is weird as f

The Dline is is beating up whats in front of them and causing fear in the heart of centers across the nation

And who the heck is is this kid Bernard ? Another Milano cloned ?

its clearly sensory overload for Us who have been been Bills fans for at least a decade or much much longer.

I am not going to question it at all anymore

Go Bills

• Agree 1

On 10/4/2023 at 10:56 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well if this isn’t a nice change

IMG_6597.jpeg

This is a really cool compilation of 3rd party assessments. Thanks for sharing. Love nerding out on this stuff.

That being said, these three assessment models are each highly subjective and inconsistent, based on the permutations of variance between them here (for most teams, 1 of the 3 grades is a significant outlier). I know two of them are measuring opposite outcomes (blocking losses vs blocking wins) using presumably different criteria, with PFF's grade claiming to be comprehensive. But for some teams, PFF is closely aligned with SIS, and for others it's aligned with ESPN. And still for others, SIS is aligned with ESPN. 

How transparent is each outlet's criteria, if at all? How are they qualifying wins (which are logically devalued here) versus losses for pass blocking reps? How many reps don't qualify as wins OR losses? Would love to sit down with an evaluator from each source to see behind the curtain. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/5/2023 at 6:38 PM, In Summary said:

When a rookie started getting the attention Dawkins used to get it likely got his attention. 

Bills fans are ridiculous... Dawkins has been a top 12 LT his entire stint here 

He has stalwarted great players ... he's far from the problem... fans are the problem 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I had a lot of bad things to say about Dawkins extremely round form before the season started so glad that I was wrong

I’m honestly open to giving him an extension

Yes most of the board was wrong ... and anyone who stuck up for Dion was crucified 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.