On to the JAGS

TFBillsfan

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'm surprised this isn't talked about more....

Why does the NFL stick these games so early on Sunday morning for North America?

London is 5 hours ahead,  so it could be a 6pm start in London to make it a 1pm game in the states.

Seems perfectly reasonable

A lot of people go to church on Sunday morning.

And for a lot of people football is their Church

The NFL realizes they can capitalize on another "prime time" game where its the only game on to watch, thus creating more advertising dollars. No brainer for them. 

Why does the NFL stick these games so early on Sunday morning for North America?

London is 5 hours ahead,  so it could be a 6pm start in London to make it a 1pm game in the states.

Because why only have 3 time slots on Sunday for games when you can have 4.  Also, forces people to purchase(or at least try NFLN or the NFL+ app) so more revenue they can generate.

• Like (+1) 1

They can always go Saturday night...and most churches in WNY would make adjustments to allow the Bills game to be watched...ie, morning mass at 8am instead of 9am.

A lot of people work on Sunday. Should they hold off games then as well to accommodate their schedule? 

Yeah, I had the same thought before. And I think it's to accommodate the team's travel back to the states. It basically gives them and extra half day to get back. 

Yeah but this way the NFL gets to have a product on TV from basically 9:30am until almost midnight when the SNF game wraps. That's $$$ and the NFL likes many things, but it LOVES money.

I also get to start drinking at 10am, which is fine by me.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, uninja said:

Yeah but this way the NFL gets to have a product on TV from basically 9:30am until almost midnight when the SNF game wraps. That's $$$ and the NFL likes many things, but it LOVES money.

I also get to start drinking at 10am, which is fine by me.

why a half hour late?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Try catching the game on the west coast 🥴

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

It just occurred to me that these stadiums are built for 25 person rosters. These NFL games need at least 53. Plus you have to add in that these teams will likely travel with a bunch of their practice squad players to account for injury being so far away. 

Pretty nuts that that whole build out is purely for the 2 NFL games per year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I didn't read every post here so I may have  missed it but when do the Bills fly to London?  I figured they would leave no later than today.

The logistics of going to London

The Bills are flying to London overnight on Thursday with an arrival scheduled for Friday morning. They will hold their final practice of the week on Friday afternoon and then meet with the media after practice to preview Sunday's matchup.

The team's decision to fly out late in the week as opposed to earlier has been heavily studied by the Bills Performance Science Department, led by director of sports performance Joe Collins.

Trevor Lawrence: Acclimation to London will be advantage vs. Bills

“We’re going to obviously be well-rested, adapted to the time change, because that is a real thing,” Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence said Sunday. “You’re on a big time change, it’s a long travel day. I’m not sure exactly what their travel plans are, if they’re coming out for the week, kind of like we usually do, which is Thursday, get here Friday morning.

“We’re going to use it to our advantage, and anything we can, but we’ve got to have a great week, got to prepare the exact same way, but it’ll be nice to have a full week to get acclimated.”

“The first three days here I think are hard,” Jaguars receiver Calvin Ridley said. “Your body is just all over the place. I feel like we’re here now, we’re ready for this next week.”

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Great point.

you are killing your TV coverage here in the US. I am guessing the ratings for 9:30 am est games are not good. You probably get almost no west coast and mountain time viewers. 

I know I haven’t tuned into any of the Sunday morning games myself yet.

Also, I plan on going to church this Sunday. Will have to watch the first half and then go, and watch the rest after. I could skip church, but then that would cause the Bills to automatically lose. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

The logistics of going to London

The Bills are flying to London overnight on Thursday with an arrival scheduled for Friday morning. They will hold their final practice of the week on Friday afternoon and then meet with the media after practice to preview Sunday's matchup.

The team's decision to fly out late in the week as opposed to earlier has been heavily studied by the Bills Performance Science Department, led by director of sports performance Joe Collins.

Trevor Lawrence: Acclimation to London will be advantage vs. Bills

“We’re going to obviously be well-rested, adapted to the time change, because that is a real thing,” Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence said Sunday. “You’re on a big time change, it’s a long travel day. I’m not sure exactly what their travel plans are, if they’re coming out for the week, kind of like we usually do, which is Thursday, get here Friday morning.

“We’re going to use it to our advantage, and anything we can, but we’ve got to have a great week, got to prepare the exact same way, but it’ll be nice to have a full week to get acclimated.”

“The first three days here I think are hard,” Jaguars receiver Calvin Ridley said. “Your body is just all over the place. I feel like we’re here now, we’re ready for this next week.”

This is really annoying to read.  

I don't know if it will prove to be evident, but it's going to be frustrating as all get out if it is.  

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Bills Mafia are NFL’s craziest fanbase who leap onto flaming tables and they are ready to party hard in London

talksport.com buffalo-bills-mafia-nfl-london

buffalo-bills-fans-cheer-second-84761840

The Buffalo Bills will invade London this week.

So will the Bills Mafia.

One of the NFL’s most passionate (and crazy) fanbases has turned a hashtag into a living and breathing football culture, leaping onto flaming tables, partying like there’s no tomorrow, and earning the respect of everyone from PGA star Rory McIlroy to Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson.

“When you get home, pay those fans some f****** respect,” said Buffalo QB Josh Allen, after the Bills Mafia helped the team dig out of the snow in western New York to make it Detroit for a game against Cleveland in 2022. “Get 'em something nice. Treat 'em well. Because that was f****** awesome to see.”

That locker-room footage of Allen celebrating a tough victory was posted by the Bills’ official account and introduced with, “This win is for Bills Mafia,” highlighting the unique and unbreakable bond between the small-market franchise and its fiercely loyal fanbase.

For the Bills (3-1), Week 5 against the Jags inside Tottenham Hotspur Stadium at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday doubles as an international showcase and just another game during a season that will hopefully end up in Las Vegas for Super Bowl LVIII.

Ok, I must be totally out of it: Bills Jesus? Hope nobody's offended, but I think it's pretty funny.

When did that/he become a thing? Is it a thing?

• Haha (+1) 3

Inside Tottenham Hotspur Stadium: what the future home of the Buffalo Bills could look like

0327-bills-renderings-1.jpg

When the Buffalo Bills take on the Jacksonville Jaguars at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London on Sunday fans will get a glimpse at the stadium that has had the biggest influence on the new Bills stadium that is being built in Orchard Park.

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium opened in 2019 and was designed by Populous. It has become one of the top soccer venues in both the United Kingdom and the world.

In 2022, the Bills selected Populous as the designer of the team's new stadium. When the Bills selected Populous, the stadium development team traveled the globe to visit other venues built by their new partner for some inspiration. That group included John Polka and Frank Cravotta, the masterminds behind the new stadium, set to open in 2026.

Polka is the Vice President of Stadium Development and Cravotta is the Vice President of Stadium Design.

“I remember standing on the field for the very first time and saying, this is exactly what we’ve been talking about,” Polka said about his first trip to Tottenham.

“When we went there, about a year and a half ago, it was empty, so I’m really looking forward to what it feels and sounds like on Sunday,” Cravotta added.

wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills

tottenham-hotspur-stadium-interior.jpg

When the Buffalo Bills play at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

in London on Sunday fans will get a glimpse at the stadium

that has had the biggest influence on the new Bills stadium

that is being built in Orchard Park.

tottenham-hotspur-stadium-exterior.jpg

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1