A Few Thoughts About the Dolphins Game, in no particular order

Virgil

Just building off of #1-I know we are all loving the more patient, take what they give you Josh, but that one pass to Cook was just an outstanding play. Josh extended that play, cook read it perfectly, and Josh dropped it into his lap so easily. When Josh takes what is given to him, it’s going to open up those spectacular, only Josh can make that type of plays 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Just building off of #1-I know we are all loving the more patient, take what they give you Josh, but that one pass to Cook was just an outstanding play. Josh extended that play, cook read it perfectly, and Josh dropped it into his lap so easily. When Josh takes what is given to him, it’s going to open up those spectacular, only Josh can make that type of plays 

Forgot that one

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

9 - We don't pay attention (proceeds to pay attention) - Mic drop moment number two of the day was when Josh left the post game podium.  A reported baited Josh into making a statement to all his doubters or trash talkers about the Bills so far this season.  Josh just said "nope" and walked away.  In a "and I took that personally" moment, Diggs was not going to be denied in this game and proceed to make his 🤔 face every chance he got.  Even Josh got in on it.  These guys can tell you they don't track on what we say in the media, but you can tell since Week 1 that Josh has a chip on his shoulder.  Diggs wasn't going to let anyone on the team forget that the Dolphins didn't like the spread for this game.  Yet with all this hype, as great teams do, they stood up, proved it on the field, then walked off without saying a word.  This is personal for these guys and I'm absolutely here for it.

Go Bills!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Even more amazing was that he could have thrown to Knox and got about the same amount of yardage. 

Absolutely great write up. That’s the team I saw, too. Whatever happens in the rest of the season, they are that team. They could still be brought low by injuries or bad luck, but this is the most mature team I have seen from the Bills in  three decades.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

He was asked what adjustments he made, and McD said something to the effect of "I didn't change anything, the guys just had to settle into the game."  I'm going to reach and exaggerate here.  What I heard was "Listen here mother *****, my defensive game plan was air tight and my guys couldn't figure it out at first.

I said in the game thread both of the first two drives were great defensive scheme and play calls. We got our hands on a few balls and made Tua go past his first read. The players just didn't take advantage of those opportunities at first. Once they did, the defensive onslaught began.

I have criticized both McDermott and Dorsey at various times over the past couple years. This was by far the best coached game either one of them have ever had.

P.S. This was your best "Few Thoughts" yet. Thank you for doing these whenever the mood strikes.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

3 - Shoulda coulda woulda - I know there's some that don't like to talk about the "almost" plays because they happen in every game and go both ways.  For me, this game was different because they only went against the Bills, and I mean that in a scary good way.  Bernard didn't intercept a tipped ball.  Shakir dropped a touchdown pass.  Tre (we'll miss you) dropped a pick 6.  The Dolphins recovered a fumble that had Bills all around it.  All of these plays could have led to even more points or the Bills, and we still put up 48 points.  That's absolutely terrifying for opposing teams. 

Yes, in spite of the resounding blowout the Bills still left some meat on the bone.

This O-line and Defense is the best of the McDermott era which means that this is the best Bills team of the McDermott era,,, better than the 13 seconds team for sure.

6 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

...when Romo said "just throw it away"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.