Bills/Commanders Postgame Thread

HappyDays

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

LOL.

"Continues to struggle", he says. 🤣

30 offensive points this week against a quality defense, on the road.

38 offensive points last week.

"Continues to struggle". 

Amazing.

I’ll take “struggling” to an average of 34 points all day every day…some people clearly weren’t hugged enough as kids and it shows 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Never change TBD. 34 point blow out on the road against an undefeated team with a consensus top D-line and people still find something to complain about because the blow out didn’t happen in the first 2 quarters. 

It was an excellent display from Josh/Dorsey of not doing more than you have to do to get the W. Sure, there’s a few play calls I’d have liked something different but the reality was it was clear Washington wasn’t going to score many points (I expected more than 3) and all we really had to do was not turn the ball over. It worked. 

We are on to Miami

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, RunTheBall said:

Never change TBD. 34 point blow out on the road against an undefeated team with a consensus top D-line and people still find something to complain about because the blow out didn’t happen in the first 2 quarters. 

It was an excellent display from Josh/Dorsey of not doing more than you have to do to get the W. Sure, there’s a few play calls I’d have liked something different but the reality was it was clear Washington wasn’t going to score many points (I expected more than 3) and all we really had to do was not turn the ball over. It worked. 

We are on to Miami

How dare you not find negativity in this game today!!!I I demand you call out dorsey or Gabe Davis rightnow...there will be no positivity on this board pal lol!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

This is a special place....even in a blowout win we get misery. Can't even take a few hours to enjoy it....I just don't understand and honestly I don't want to. Yes discourse is good but it seems people are more upset on here when we win lol.

Actually kind of looks like you don’t want discourse, only Rainbows and Unicorns. You don’t think people can enjoy a win while still discussing what went right and what went wrong? How boring this place would be if people just only spoke about what went right and never discussed different opinions on how people feel about different performances.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Meatloaf63 said:

Actually kind of looks like you don’t want discourse, only Rainbows and Unicorns. You don’t think people can enjoy a win while still discussing what went right and what went wrong? How boring this place would be if people just only spoke about what went right and never discussed different opinions on how people feel about different performances.

It'd be great 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Dorsey is clearly mediocre and the sample size is big enough imho.  McD choosing Bernard was brilliant.  We desperately need a backup plan if Dorsey continues to struggle. 

Ya …ummm…keep complaining and dreaming….Bills were number 2 offense last year and just crushed a team on the road

and scored 38 and 37 in the last two weeks….

• Like (+1) 3

Maybe they should try Epenesa at TE... the guy has some seriously sticky hands.

That INT was insane.

That guy gets his hands on a lot of balls..... footballs, before you clowns pile on.

Also a bit of a fun fact I did not realize.

"After his freshman season, Epenesa was named to the All-Freshmen Big Ten team.

Notably, his first college sack came against future Buffalo Bills teammate Josh Allen during a game against Wyoming."

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Discourse without perspective is just self important complaining 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

OK this place is 90% negative lately...honestly was there that much that went wrong today for post after post calling for Dorsey to be let go? 

• Like (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Dominating defensive performance is the story of this one. Hats off to McDermott. The more aggressive style is working.

Dorsey was our biggest problem on offense, no creativity and several bizarre play calls.

Dorsey called a couple stupid pass plays on 4th down which won’t fly against a real team, but I thought he had a pretty good game plan. Allen was taken out mid 4th quarter. Otherwise they could’ve dropped 50+ on them 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Taro Nimbus said:

This win will do nothing to the perception of the Bills. They’ll still be doubted on a weekly basis and that’s fine.   Miami is the new flavor of the year.  Let them have the spotlight.  I feel as if Buffalo is playing better when they are not being talked about.   

Not really, it's already in all the postgame and halftime talk, they're building up the narrative of an Offensive juggernaut vs. a defensive one. NFL is all about building up the games of the week when they can.

7 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

OK this place is 90% negative lately...honestly was there that much that went wrong today for post after post calling for Dorsey to be let go? 

Dorsey still has a way to go, he doesn’t seem to be learning from his mistakes, his situational awareness is terrible. That being said getting rid of him would most likely be a disaster.  I do understand those who want to do better at the position.  But we tend to be harsher on our own. Both Indy and Baltimore pulled some boneheaded plays on 4th down in overtime. I guess few teams play perfectly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

Since we’re critiquing Dorsey after what I though was a sound game: 

- 1st and 10 negative plays continue

- 2nd and long runs 

Its easy to rag on him when the offense falters. But then be sure to give him his props for the offensive success. Pass pro, running game, Allen’s efficiency…this is him too 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.